-usecoherent and -dx9 no longer working with patch? [Merged]

The last update made the game crashed if i used dx9 mode, I still used Dx9 mode because DX11 is like super blooomy and it is stuttry too, i made that post like 5 months ago. I think i made the right choice because 5 months later Dx11 still felt buggy today i even saw a screen tear which i hadn't yet but i saw it on youtube before. Could you fixed Dx11 before you tried to forced me to used it or made Dx9 work again please

Thank you

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

After the July 18, 2023 update, the "-usecoherent " no longer seems to work. This was the only way I was able to play the game with the switch to Chromium Embedded Framework. This was working just fine before the release. Has it been removed or is there an alternative?

• Sad 2

I've made multiple posts about the abysmal performance (50% loss in fps) on Intel Arc when using the Chromium framework.

Anet never addressed this issue.

To use -usecoherent was the only solution however now it no longer seems to do anything.

Edited by Ramontique.9852
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dx-11 is still hurting my eyes. I heard a long time ago that they were going to implement some more graphics options to allow people to change certain things and they still haven't. The colour saturation is painful and white is too white. And we still don't have a proper full-screen option for some reason. I wish they'd fix this thing. I regret spending the money on an expac I might not be able to play now. 

Edited by sunlightandroses.8490
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well it's time to ignore Guild Wars 2. I've reported the Chromium issue multiple times over the last months and it simply gets ignored. Two can play that game 😉

I really wish Anet went with Vulkan instead of this forever beta direct x 11 solution.

edit: a sad day for a 45k ap gamer.

Edited by Ramontique.9852
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

yep, same here and loading in without the DX9 causes some seriously bizarre graphical glitches. Have a full screen game but the UI is stuck on the left half of the screen. Tried changing resolution to see if that would help and the game crashed and now can't get back in. I really wish this weren't such a common occurrence with updates. Also would have been really nice if these kinds of changes were mentioned in the patch notes instead of needing to be discovered by trial and crash. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am sad that they have not addressed this, the game without -dx9 is sickening to look at (and makes me ill). I am in the same boat from the April patch,....again. I am considering getting a refund for the soto if they are unable to fix this since I will not continue to play a game that makes me ill.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

Also would have been really nice if these kinds of changes were mentioned in the patch notes instead of needing to be discovered by trial and crash. 

I guess they didn't bother with that, because dx9 had been officially discontinued for some time already.

Or they didn't know about the band-aid fix using -dx9. If this was the case, it would be proof that they don't read the forums.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

I guess they didn't bother with that, because dx9 had been officially discontinued for some time already.

Or they didn't know about the band-aid fix using -dx9. If this was the case, it would be proof that they don't read the forums.

The problem is that their initial implementation of DX11 was flawed and they never got around to fixing it forcing a lot of us to use the aforementioned bandaids. Now that they have ripped the bandaid off we discover that yep they still need to fix their code that was seriously flawed in the first place. The question is really only whether they actually patch it or simply write off everybody who was forced to use the bandaid as being edge cases. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

The problem is that their initial implementation of DX11 was flawed and they never got around to fixing it forcing a lot of us to use the aforementioned bandaids. Now that they have ripped the bandaid off we discover that yep they still need to fix their code that was seriously flawed in the first place. The question is really only whether they actually patch it or simply write off everybody who was forced to use the bandaid as being edge cases. 

If they ever fixed that, I would be genuinely and positively surprised.

However, there's no track record that could lead me to believe or even hope that they'll ever do it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would even be fine with it if I have old pc, I would accept the fact that I have to upgrade to be able to play with dx11 because they removed the option to play with dx9. But my pc is very new, from last year and the only reason why I was playing with dx9 was because they cant make dx11 right and working. How does this even make sense to them? What was the reason?

Also their saying that exclusive fullscreen and windowed fullscreen is the same thing is so kitten stupid, there is many reason why you want to have both options in the game and the reason why majority if not all games have BOTH options. It is a reason why your game is unplayable for many players and the reason why they forced the game to run in dx9. If you dont have people to make your game work then maybe skip making stupid skins for once.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Found a solution that seems to work if you are using Wine. If you follow this guide https://asmaloney.com/2022/07/howto/running-guild-wars-2-with-dx11-on-macos-using-wine/, but make the following modifications

• use the latest engine to date -> WS11WineCX64Bit22.1.1-8 as of July 18, 2023
  • do not add any winetricks
  • do not use the  -usecoherent flag

and follow the rest of the steps

Edited by Lady of Chaos.2514
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Also their saying that exclusive fullscreen and windowed fullscreen is the same thing is so kitten stupid

It's not stupid.  It's Microsoft.

"With the release of Windows 10, we added Fullscreen Optimizations – which takes full screen exclusive games and runs them instead in a highly optimized borderless windowed format that takes up the entire screen. You get the visual experience and performance of running your game in FSE, but with the benefits of running in a windowed mode. These benefits include faster PC commands such as alt-tab, multiple monitor set ups and overlays. We have extensive performance data that indicates that almost all users who use Fullscreen Optimizations have equal performance to Full Screen Exclusive.  However, if you do find that you are experiencing any issues that may be related to full screen optimizations, please head to the troubleshooting section where we will walk through how to optimize your system and provide feedback to our team.  "

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/demystifying-full-screen-optimizations/

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lady of Chaos.2514 said:

Found a solution that seems to work if you are using Wine. If you follow this guide https://asmaloney.com/2022/07/howto/running-guild-wars-2-with-dx11-on-macos-using-wine/, but make the following modifications

• use the latest engine to date -> WS11WineCX64Bit22.1.1-8 as of July 18, 2023
  • do not add any winetricks
  • do not use the  -usecoherent flag

and follow the rest of the steps

This worked for me.

• Like 1