Disable Rise

On 7/20/2023 at 10:26 AM, AphoticEssance.7592 said:

It is completely busted at this point. More and more guilds are starting exploit this to cause crazy skill/server lag. It is not fun fighting groups in which I can't cast a skill. WvW will die quickly if something is not done soon. Please do something about it. 

Lol, I am in SEA and have no problem or lag with "Rise" against me.  A little over reaction I think. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2023 at 11:10 AM, the blackrose.1562 said:

+1 Rise needs to be taken out of WvW. It is not healthy for the game mode.

Lol, You have one post.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:12 PM, Hekaetia Circe.7183 said:

Yeah, something needs to be done about Rise Reaper. It's making fights literally unplayable when guilds run it in their comp.

Lol, You have one post.

On 7/22/2023 at 2:10 PM, Bhrutei.5937 said:

WvW was near unplayable tonight on reset due to skill lag whenever our squad was near another team's squad. Whether it's Rise or something else, please fix this.

We had issues of skill lag way before "Rise".  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, AreohGee.7592 said:

Lol, I am in SEA and have no problem or lag with "Rise" against me.  A little over reaction I think. 

Oh hey look guys, the "off hours person" is not getting skill lag spikes in massive three way combat like NA prime time on NA server, so everything is fine, nothing to see here. 🤡

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Again, this is not normal lag. Only vs large groups running Rise. Players don't render and skills don't work. My group can move away from Rise spamming group and our skills work again. We can move maps and have a 3 way with no Rise comps and not experience the same lag. Devs need to fix it. I am confident they will take a look. I hope they do please. 

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592
  • Thanks 1

So you are saying that a bunch of NA servers guilds (afaik it's not a trend on EU servers atm) decided to play this "Rise meta" again, like some years ago, but this time it's not because Death nova is busted but just for the sake of creating lags that affect everyone including Rise users ? Nah, they surely wouldn't be dumb enough to do that 🤡

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:23 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Allow me ask the 200+ players who showed up in the video poster server map, if Necromancer Profession: Rise had anything to do with the lag  and disconnects.

Here is a Surprise

Yes....Anet did nerf Necromancer Profession: Bomb Minion 15 years ago.

Reveal hidden contents

sarcasm 

Well I guess...somehow....the dead nerfed bomb minions.... somehow un-erfed themselves and secretly transitioned to Guild Wars 2 Universe...to Guild Wars 2 New Engine System and crawled to: Necromancer Profession to continue their scheme??

Does that make any sense at all??  Because it is all in the imagination.

Instead of creating a fairy tail story of dead minions blowing up servers; let us use our energy to force Anet to bring the game back to life instead??

Once again; Thank You! for your understanding

Lol imagine comparing instanced content where the server is connected to at most 8 players (and only 1 in your example above) with one where the server is connected to 200+ players in the same area. They are not even remotely similar situations and your ignorance is here is coming through quite clearly. Its also very obvious that the server is struggling to keep up when you see the R value from arc dps start flying all over the place as soon as you run into a zerg running rise.

The bigger issue with rise imo is just with how GW2 area damage works, with skills being limited to a max of 5 targets spamming rise gives the zergs a bunch of really cheap damage mitigation, and when you couple that with the inevitable skill lag it means the few skills you manage to get off just get eaten up by the stupid minions.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

When I've seen the server lagging badly (the arcdps R value goes pretty wild), I don't get FPS drops as evidenced by arcdps.  What I _do_ see is the server struggles to update my client with character locations.  The client then renders everyone around me with little micro-teleports that mimic some sort of frame slippage if you're not looking closely enough at it.

If you're having actual FPS drops, that's your local system unable to handle the number of character models and quality to render, not the server.

It is not the user end most of the time it is the server packet drops are at server most of the time