Hope guild wars 2 will be for very long years or even almost forever

I play this game for more than 7 years and still i i'm not sure if i will be able to complete everything when there is still new amazing expansions coming. I play little slowly usually but every day exploring very specifically every map and story and after 7 years i have 80% whole game done only? Just finished LVS4.

Guild Wars 1 is still online, right? For now gw2 doing incredible good and i would like to have very much time to be able to complete it fully. Hope that will not change. Sometimes i feel: "maybe i should rush myself and play it faster?"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Mirror.3521 said:

I play this game for more than 7 years and still i i'm not sure if i will be able to complete everything when there is still new amazing expansions coming. I play little slowly usually but every day exploring very specifically every map and story and after 7 years i have 80% whole game done only? Just finished LVS4.

Guild Wars 1 is still online, right? For now gw2 doing incredible good and i would like to have very much time to be able to complete it fully. Hope that will not change. Sometimes i feel: "maybe i should rush myself and play it faster?"

I mean you can always hope, right? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

GW2 outlived GW1 in terms of support, but GW1 is the best example that Anet will drop a game in the middle of a new campaign's development to put out an expansion instead and wrap the game up.

6 hours ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

I agree with OP. The devs killed WoW. GW2 isn’t perfect. But it’s remarkably better than WoW. I hope Anet capitalized on Blizzard’s failures and achieves great success in the coming decade.

WoW is suprisingly alive for a dead game, that has died with pretty much every expansion it released.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I take things like this way too literally. When I saw the title my mind immediately jumped to "Well nothing lasts forever, even if nothing else changes at some point technology will move on to the point where it's impractical to keep the game running". But I know that's not what the OP actually meant.

There's no indication that GW2 is going to shut down, or stop getting new updates, any time soon. You'll be able to find lots of people saying there are, and people saying it's already dead or in 'maintenance mode' or no one plays it any more, but that's true of every MMO ever released. I've never played WoW but like @IAmNotMatthew.1058 I've heard that every expansion released killed it, everyone quit because it was so bad...and yet somehow there's always enough people playing for another expansion to come out.

We currently know there's a year's worth of updates planned (a paid expansion coming next month and then 3 free releases after that) and the plan is to keep that cycle going.

• Like 3

LOTRO is still online and receiving updates.

Much smaller playerbase

As long as GW2 keeps a solid playerbase, I think it can go for a long time

Unless Arena Net announces Gw3

Then they would most likely focus only on GW3 and GW2 would go into maintance mode

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I disagree.  As long as GW2 keeps profiting the shareholders, then it can go for a long time.

Those two goes hand in hand

Unless they find some way to earn enough money from a small playerbase of whales, but I don't think that's a game anyone of us would want to play 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

GW1 is still online because the server costs are minimal due to how the game was made, however, due to the lack of players, you can't do some competitive stuff and the ones you can do are community made events.
This may not be the same for GW2 when the time comes.

It's probably also cheaper because it doesn't have many players, so not a lot of server cost

Without a GW3 releasing, GW2 would probably be a lot more expensive to keep online

But IDK, just guessing here

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

It's probably also cheaper because it doesn't have many players, so not a lot of server cost

Without a GW3 releasing, GW2 would probably be a lot more expensive to keep online

GW1 does have a good chunk of players considering its age, the number is 3x-4x during Festivals. Seeing 40-50 people in Embark Beach(EU) alone isn't really rare. 

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

The number of players might affect the costs, still according to Mike Zadorojny:

"The game itself was so efficient on the server side in terms of the resources, like, it runs on a fraction of the hardware that we need for running Guild Wars 2, so having that on the back-burner is nothing compared to GW2."

Yeah, GW2 might have an end tho.

• Like 2