The relic of the Wizard´s Tower seems kinda OP in wvw huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

What's gonna be sucky is I know most of these new relics will be through pve.

So here's my disgruntled thanks in advance, for forcing me to pve for bonuses we already had.

59 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

Yep.  I don't for a second believe taking an entry away from legendary runes was about choices are balance.  It was solely to create more grind, a selling point in the "our game has relics now", and to force people to buy the expansion to stay competitive.

Really sucks the legendary rune peeps, they have to regrind legendary relics for the 6th bonus, but hey they get a head start with them! only this company would repackage an existing feature into a longer grind, hello guild bonuses into guild halls.

They should have just released relics as a 7th bonus that enhances the 6th bonus in a different way, you know, like elite specs were suppose to do for the professions. That way current legendaries are intact, people don't have to rehunt bonuses they already have, and they get to add another equipment slot without being destructive and blowing up runes to repackage cause they couldn't be a little more creative. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Yep, unless you can buy those from a wvw vendor but i doubt ... wait what if you can drop some relics from the wvw lockboxes?

I'm hoping they'll do what they did with previous expansion hero points and add them to the Heroics Notary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

do all relic effects like "do smth when you use elite skill" which is mostly over 60 sec cooldown. actually i still prefer 6th bonus as in durability, speed, antitoxin rune bonusses.

How they phrased it was that you will have some "core" relics which are the current 6th bonus (note some and not all, who knows what they'll delete), but then you'll have expansion relics that's totally not going to be stronger than core relics in any way of course. 

What you're seeing in the screenshot is probably an "expansion" relic that does two things at once on very short cd. Some builds/classes can definetly take full advantage of that compared to others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

How they phrased it was that you will have some "core" relics which are the current 6th bonus (note some and not all, who knows what they'll delete), but then you'll have expansion relics that's totally not going to be stronger than core relics in any way of course. 

What you're seeing in the screenshot is probably an "expansion" relic that does two things at once on very short cd. Some builds/classes can definetly take full advantage of that compared to others.

i wish they rework expansion runes which are 99% useless before they put relics into game 🙂 my ele wont get anyusefull buff from exp relics if they only put into elite skills.