11th Anniversary...??? [Merged]

I saw a different post and it echoed what was in my heart:

"  On 8/25/2023 at 8:01 PM, Sky.3460 said:

Dear Arenanet,
I am not sure who or where to address this, but I guess here in the forums I will make my first ever post.
I have loved GW2. I have been playing for over 10 years. I have put literally thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. When I found out that for 11 years of playing we would not be receiving a title, I was completely heartbroken. For those of us who have been playing since the beginning, those "birthday" titles are one of the main motivators to continue playing. The titles represent all of the time and energy that has been put into the world of GW2.
For me, it feels as though the focus of Arenanet has completely shifted towards gaining new players, while forgetting about those of us who have kept the game running and relevant for the past 10+ years.
There is nothing more valuable to me in the game than that exclusive, yearly title. I feel as though for the very first time I have a reason to pull back from GW2. I feel completely unappreciated as a player.
I hope that this message get's passed along to the right eyes. I apologize if I come across as whiney or ungrateful but this has absolutely devastated me. 
I beg you to reconsider and add a title for 11 years of playing. Those of us who have supported and endorsed the game for over a decade truly deserve it.

Ty as always,

Sky"

Edited by SommerTurtle.6082
accidental extra stuff
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you Sky!  ❤️  Thank you for so perfectly putting my feelings and thoughts into words.  My real birthday is August 24th, and every year I anxiously look forward to finding out what my new title is.  I have been terribly sad since the 11 year anniversary.

I have a pretty serious genetic disorder that has caused many health challenges.  As a result, I don't have much of a life and am trapped at home in bed when things get bed.....hence since GW2 began I have put in 11,443 hours of my life playing Guild Wars 2 That is well over a YEAR of my LIFE dedicated to playing this game .... and then some.  It's literally the ONLY pc or console game I play.  

I have always loved getting the new title and getting to show it off, and this year was heart breaking.  PLEASE Anet ... PLEASE retroactively give us 11 year b-day titles and resume doing annual titles for your most loyal players!  Please show your love for us as we have shown ours for you.  I think many would agree that the title was the favorite part of our annual gift by FAR.

Sommer

😢

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

52 minutes ago, SommerTurtle.6082 said:

I saw a different post and it echoed what was in my heart:

"  On 8/25/2023 at 8:01 PM, Sky.3460 said:

Dear Arenanet,
I am not sure who or where to address this, but I guess here in the forums I will make my first ever post.
I have loved GW2. I have been playing for over 10 years. I have put literally thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. When I found out that for 11 years of playing we would not be receiving a title, I was completely heartbroken. For those of us who have been playing since the beginning, those "birthday" titles are one of the main motivators to continue playing. The titles represent all of the time and energy that has been put into the world of GW2.
For me, it feels as though the focus of Arenanet has completely shifted towards gaining new players, while forgetting about those of us who have kept the game running and relevant for the past 10+ years.
There is nothing more valuable to me in the game than that exclusive, yearly title. I feel as though for the very first time I have a reason to pull back from GW2. I feel completely unappreciated as a player.
I hope that this message get's passed along to the right eyes. I apologize if I come across as whiney or ungrateful but this has absolutely devastated me. 
I beg you to reconsider and add a title for 11 years of playing. Those of us who have supported and endorsed the game for over a decade truly deserve it.

Ty as always,

Sky"

Dear Sky,

Getting new players into the game is absolutely the best and most important thing Anet could possibly do for veteran long term players like you. Because there is always natural attrition in games and players who leave need to be replaced, or there will be no one to do any of the stuff with that requires groups of Anet doesn't attract them. But as a game gets older and older it becomes harder and harder to attract new people.

What you're saying here is that I played and loved this game for so long, but now I'm disappointed because you're not giving me stuff for playing your game. They are giving you something. They're getting new players into the game, and nothing is more important for vet players.

And btw, I feel particularly strong about rewards attached to birthdays, because people who take breaks for 10 years would be getting the same rewards I do. My rewards are, right now, I'm in complete legendary gear (as far as is possible anyway) and those people aren't. 

I also feel like the Wizards Vault was a fantastic upgrade that gave me a huge payout.

All in all, I feel like you should reevaluate whether you spent years playing a game you love, or you feel the company needs to bribe you to keep playing it. Because I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm thrilled they're trying to make this game better for new players.

Sincerely,

Another Vet Player.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

56 minutes ago, SommerTurtle.6082 said:

Thank you Sky!  ❤️  Thank you for so perfectly putting my feelings and thoughts into words.  My real birthday is August 24th, and every year I anxiously look forward to finding out what my new title is.  I have been terribly sad since the 11 year anniversary.

I have a pretty serious genetic disorder that has caused many health challenges.  As a result, I don't have much of a life and am trapped at home in bed when things get bed.....hence since GW2 began I have put in 11,443 hours of my life playing Guild Wars 2 That is well over a YEAR of my LIFE dedicated to playing this game .... and then some.  It's literally the ONLY pc or console game I play.  

I have always loved getting the new title and getting to show it off, and this year was heart breaking.  PLEASE Anet ... PLEASE retroactively give us 11 year b-day titles and resume doing annual titles for your most loyal players!  Please show your love for us as we have shown ours for you.  I think many would agree that the title was the favorite part of our annual gift by FAR.

Sommer

😢

Yes, Anet should have given us a new title, but the truth is, if you're putting so much emphasis on that one reward, while ignoring the amazing addition of weeklies to the game, I'm not sure what to tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 11:53 PM, Vayne.8563 said:

Yes, Anet should have given us a new title, but the truth is, if you're putting so much emphasis on that one reward, while ignoring the amazing addition of weeklies to the game, I'm not sure what to tell you.

To me, the rewards are fine: the currency for the big feasts with unique buffs seem to be in alignment with birthdays (celebrating with people) but its the lack of them addressing birthday going forward that doesn't sit right with me. You give titles for 10 years then stop and not a peep from you about this new shift? Don't love that at all. Rubi could write a few sentences illuminating the studio's intentions and that'd be enough but we can't even get that which is sad.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

To me, the rewards are fine: the currency for the big feasts with unique buffs seem to be in alignment with birthdays (celebrating with people) but its the lack of them addressing birthday going forward that doesn't sit right with me. You give titles for 10 years then stop and not a peep from you about this new shift? Don't love that at all. Rubi could write a few sentences illuminating the studio's intentions and that'd be enough but we can't even get that which is sad.

It's possible that there's not a peep, because the title was meaningless to most people including them. It was an idea of something to include that we barely ever talked about as fans of the game. I know I didn't. This is the first conversation I can ever remember having about it. To you it's the big deal that Anet has now stopped giving up. I'm willing to wager the vast majority of the playerbase, including me, didn't even notice it was gone.

• Like 1