Ok if we doing frequent mini Expansions like ESO, I want more new classes

On 7/23/2023 at 12:30 AM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

*Looking at eso for using races as marketing tool , rather than bragging  that we have more raids or better  than WoW or any other mmo*

I might or might not have 😛 Here we cant have more hardcore instances  because people  whine for 6months about Enginner having 30% participation IN RAIDS ..IN RAIDS...IN RAIDS ! While in Diablo 4 any cheasy ranged  class for the world first is acceptable tactic  !

Small correction: the overrepresentation of mechanist was not only in instanced content (which consist of more than just raids fyi). It was everyhwere in pve and a lot of players where annoyed by the high amount of representation, especially in content with large amount of players like meta events.

I get that a forum warrior like yourself might not have noticed this, given you'd have to actually play the game first, but you should have noticed the forum threads about the tons of mech pets annoying people.

Keep beating that hate drum though. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Name one class concept and it can be tied to a profession that already exists.

Pole Dancer! Tied to... uh... Power Daredevil? Condi Staff-Staff Mirage?

Hee. Looking back and keeping it in the family, so to speak, to what existing professions could we tie these venerable old class concepts?

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:D/any_Pious_Renewal

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Rt/any_Spirit_Spammer

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:P/W_Soldier's_Fury_Spear

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, Debesyla.7102 said:

Aren't elite specs almost the same thing as additional proffessions?

If they are almost the same thing, that's all the more reason to do new classes instead of especs. Creating 9 new classes is much harder than creating say, 1, or 3 (light, medium, heavy). Perhaps even something amazing like a core spec on launch, and an e-spec+ on quarterly updates. It's far more economical; it allows for greater creative freedom while still being considerate of dev resources. A mini expansion cycle is PERFECT for the addition of a new class. 

Can't create new distinct classes? That may be true but that's never stopped them before. Every class in gw2 is a mish-mash of archetypes naming schemes, and I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find classes and e-specs that didn't step on each others toes. 

That being said, there's plenty of great options for classes. We can go race-based, a largos assassin, a kodan firekeeper/shaman, a djinn wizard, a sylvari warden. Or you can go thematically, with a card class, a gambler class, a musical class (dancer/singer/bard). Given a bit of time, I'm sure a creative mind can whip these up into amazing designs with cool names that can be woven into the narrative of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1