Just give Bladesworn its stow and a moveable DT

Zekent.3652

Just do it, please, not being able to cancel animations with the stow key, and another selfroot to this class on such a high mobility era, is probably the most anti GW2 combat thing at the moment.

Even the Dead Eye is able to move and even dodge while they kneel, on a mostly ranged weapon, so, why bladesworn shouldn't be able to move?

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Confused 2

deadeye used to have a similar issue in its initial form where there was a cooldown on kneel with silent scope as stowing weapons in kneel does cancel kneel. since then i started canceling skills with ESC instead, works for DT too. while it is not exactly what you are looking for as it comes with its own issues, it is better than being stuck in the animation.

2 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Just do it, please, not being able to cancel animations with the stow key, and another selfroot to this class on such a high mobility era, is probably the most anti GW2 combat thing at the moment.

No.

2 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Even the Dead Eye is able to move and even dodge while they kneel, on a mostly ranged weapon, so, why bladesworn shouldn't be able to move?

That was a mistake too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'd settle for just pulling the Gunsaber off your hip (Grenade kit draw animation) instead of the idiotic off-your-back (Greatsword) animation.

It makes 0 sense why they went with the latter other than just laziness and apathy since most of the animations are just Greatsword copies anyway.

Edited by FellFalls.3750

16 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Why?

I feel there are far more pertinent things to adjust for warrior than shuffling around while in DT. Not only that but it's not going to suddenly make people who hated DT before like DT after and opens the door to nuking the current class to replace it with something else. One could say I'm just speculating but Anet does that exact pattern all the time.

That side, I'll just say I like immobile DT. I like being punished for my mistakes and rewarded for better play. I liked when Hundred Blades was good but not mobile and if they changed it to mobile tomorrow it would still be trash. I also preferred Dragon's tooth when it was placable rather than tracking a target. They make all these shifts and changes to skill mechanics because people don't want to adjust to the tools they are given.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think a better idea is to make it having less charges while buffing shuffle/tp stuff and just slightly increasing the speed of  Dragon trigger skills 1 2 and 3

@Leo G.4501Shuffling around would give DT access to dodge which w/o stab is sadly a must have. I believe it also makes bladesworn in general a class in pure need of crazy healing and barrier (which are awful and toxic for the game). 

Me, for example, really like bsw, but u can clearly see the advantage that ppl has over you IF NOT for the things mentioned above. Entire DT rn espec is just dragon trigger 2 and dragon trigger 2 again 😕

To me Bladesword just👏needs👏mainhand👏pistol👏

The spec changed nothing about how we play warrior, the burst is as static as 100b, so nothing changed. Midrange 1 handed play is what warrior lacked all this time, baffles me to why this has been ignored for so many years.

• Like 1