The new fractal is a repurposed strike

There are a lot of interesting discussions here like:

I mean...

- Hp of a 10man boss

- Fractal god not working on release

- Instabilities not all working on release (also they straight up forgot to remove most of the ones that should never be in CMs like mists convergence)

- Mistlock not working (fully) on release (couldn't take it twice)

- Can't revive in combat

I'm surprised items/novelties even worked since it's a strike mission instance or sort of, they probably stole the modified sunqua peak one and messed up still.
Was already pretty clear on day one sadly, or they've never tested it, not sure which is more sad?

Since the departure of Cameron Rich (who did a great job when he was here) I'm about to think that the initial plan was to abandon fractals (like they did with dungeons and raids) to only focus on strike missions as they are easier to design and produce with recycled assets from the story.

Since the new fractal wasn't very well received in terms of quality, I am a little worried for the people who like those type of end-game content. Unlike the WvW and PvP, they certainly benefit from more development ressources but there are some weak signals who aren't really encouraging for the future.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

38 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

At this point and multiple topics like this, I think most of the playerbase is already aware of that. ANet even announced repairs. So you are kund of late. Xd

I admit that I was on some traveling when people spoke about that but I though it was interesting to highlight that situation in his own dedicated topic.

It gives me some grist to the mill. The bottom of the subject remains relevant:

For the past 10 years anet has been cutting corners and rushing content.

Guys, IBS was only kitten because they had to rush it to get out EoD!

Guys EOD was only kitten because they had to rush it to get out Season 1!

Guys Season 1, was only kitten because they had to rush it to get out Season 6!

Guy's, Gyala Delve (not even gonna call it season 6 lmao) was only kitten because they had to rush it to get out SotO!

Guys Sot...

And let's not forget the Nightmare Court story, Gandara..

Edited by Anvar.5673
more arguments
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Careful, I used repurposed in a thread title and got quite alot of lip for it.  

For some reason many people seem to think that repurposed only means recycled.  

That plant over there is the same plant I have seen on another map. 

Let's get the pitchforks! 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hot got 10 maps, pof got 11 maps, eod got 4.75 maps, ya I think everyone knows that ls6 got scrapped but like dragonstorm, they were already working on the finale fight so it got recycled as a fractal. It make me sad that having to retool at 10 man encounter to 5 man may have put a ton of pressure on the lead dev causing him to quit. 

• Like 1