New expansion content

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

if u think that this new model stops anet from changeing direction and abandon ideas or rush content or create delays u must be new here or u know something whats never heard of anet.

Anet changing their mind is the only constant in this game

And not just ANet. Any company focused on artistic endeavor can and will face direction changes, delays, reversals, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

And not just ANet. Any company focused on artistic endeavor can and will face direction changes, delays, reversals, and so on.

Not as many companies change their direction as many times as Anet has. I've lost track at this point how many: Living World, no now we're doing expacs every 3-4 years, no now we're doing sagas and no more expacs, nevermind, forget that Cantha expac it is, now back to living world, NOPE now we'll give you one episode of Living World, now mini expacs (Nope they're called full expacs now!). I'm guessing this will continue and mini-expacs will be replaced...

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Poormany.4507 said:

Not as many companies change their direction as many times as Anet has. I've lost track at this point how many: Living World, no now we're doing expacs every 3-4 years, no now we're doing sagas and no more expacs, nevermind, forget that Cantha expac it is, now back to living world, NOPE now we'll give you one episode of Living World, now mini expacs (Nope they're called full expacs now!). I'm guessing this will continue and mini-expacs will be replaced...

Can't disagree. ANet seems to struggle with long term planning sufficient to create a reliable roadmap. I mean, they cancelled WvW alliances almost immediately after announcing them....then started up years later.

Understanding what you have to work with, what you want to do with it, and how to do so are important managerial skills (and to be clear this is a management issue, not an individual developer issue) that seem to be lacking or at least underdeveloped at ANet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Can't disagree. ANet seems to struggle with long term planning sufficient to create a reliable roadmap. I mean, they cancelled WvW alliances almost immediately after announcing them....then started up years later.

Understanding what you have to work with, what you want to do with it, and how to do so are important managerial skills (and to be clear this is a management issue, not an individual developer issue) that seem to be lacking or at least underdeveloped at ANet.

they already moved on deep in their hearts is a unreal Engine 5 game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2