Hammer feels bad without Fervent Force

Mell.4873

It's just way to slow compared to other Ranger weapons. Even some of the longer cooldown skills Ranger has can really change the tide of a battle like Whirling Defense or Barrage.

Maybe they need to let you use both flips of the skills rather than sharing the cooldown.

If I want to add to my complaining Natures Vengeance is very redundant since no is taking spirits for AoE DPS and a double Resurrect from Spirit of Nature will never be used.
Instead of two slams they the trait should provide any missing boons on Spirits like Aegis rather than relying on a Pet.

31 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

If I want to add to my complaining Natures Vengeance is very redundant since no is taking spirits for AoE DPS and a double Resurrect from Spirit of Nature will never be used.
Instead of two slams they the trait should provide any missing boons on Spirits like Aegis rather than relying on a Pet.

But we have aegis.

8 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

But we have aegis.

True I looked through them all and they do have pretty good boon spread. (I was looking at support builds and they never mention Stone Spirit)
Then just make them shake again but double boons might get nerfed.

Right now, a Support build has no incentive to take Nature's Vengeance. A DPS has even less reason to slot Nature Magic.

13 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Don't forget two of them are also blast finishers, so you get double blast finisher on them. I actually quite like the spirits now.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I said it once and I say it again: Fervent Force was Untamed for me. Without it, Untamed feels not the same anymore. 

And the lack of that trait now exposes it's weaknesses. It's a poorly designed e-spec in need of a rework (which most likely won't happen). We didn't get a new e-spec upon purchasing EoD, we got one overpowered trait. Hammer will be useful soon though from my previous testing, it's strong with druid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

And the lack of that trait now exposes it's weaknesses. It's a poorly designed e-spec in need of a rework (which most likely won't happen). We didn't get a new e-spec upon purchasing EoD, we got one overpowered trait. Hammer will be useful soon though from my previous testing, it's strong with druid.

I mean I do like the Untamed and don't want it reworked, I personally just don't like Hammer is all. 

It comes off as the Longbow melee version but atleast the Ambush for Longbow reduces it's cooldown. It's entirely rotation is supposed to feed into itself but it runs out of steam after using all 5 skills. I guess if I factored in a weapons swap to something like Sword/Greatsword maybe that could work. Just swap to Hammer for break bars. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 7:39 PM, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Only couple more days left till the next expansion, and my most favorite profession is crippled by the removed Fervent Force. I haven't seen anyone bringing an Untamed for quickness (yet). So, I guess the changes were pointless. Can we get Fervent Force back, pretty please?

I would say Ranger in general suffer from not having a clear role. Druid can Heal/off heal but lacks important boons, Soulbeast can do absurd burst DPS but has almost no survivability. Untamed has a more sustainable rotation but the Ambushes are awkward and require a 9 second flip + weapon swap even when you don't want to. This normal results you running 2 of the same main-hand weapon so it is less flexible than all the other Elites. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2

In my opinion Untamed with the good ol' Fervent Force felt a bit like Scrapper back in the days. It was niche in almost every regard. It could do nothing really good and was just mediocre. But I miss exact this mediocrity. I had a ton of fun tanking with my survivability and constantly interrupting enemies , while waiting for the ambush to be ready and then deal a decent burst damage. The burst damage was good enough, so I never, ever heard a bad word while playing T4 Fractals (quite the opposite: I was praised once for doing really good). But well: This belongs to the past now. Untamed is just a very, very weird way of bringing quickness into the group. And: No one will do so, because there are better ways, and that's not the reason people were playing Untamed in the first place. I simply can't understand why they removed the one trait that made Untamed really unique. I said it once and I say it again: Fervent Force was the Untamed.

Even though there was a condition Untamed build out there with a very, very simple rotation which still delt 40k DPS. Also, this boon Untamed build was very nice. 

• Like 1

I know, I'm probably the only one out here still playing an Untamed with a hammer. But why was is the hammer ambush bugged since Tuesday? 4 of 5 times the ambush ends before the skill is completely channeled which leads to a significant damage loss (and I mean "significant". Like you only hit your target 2 times instead of 5).

1 hour ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I know, I'm probably the only one out here still playing an Untamed with a hammer.

Your not the only one..... There is another!

I must say that being able to use my hammer as a SB and changing skill 2 and 4 to unleashed is fun.... People say its great on Druid... haven't tried that yet tho...