Skyscale vs dragonriding

Paulo.9540

Hi all! I understand the comparison between Skyscale in GW2 and dragonriding in WoW is inevitable but after trying both I feel like riding a Skyscale in GW2 could be a lot more fun if it brought some of WoW's dragonriding features to GW2. I am not the most active GW2 player but I did spend a good amount of time in it, including all the effort to get the Skyscale mount and I gotta say that it feels a bit underwhelming to ride the Skyscale as it can't really get far without the bar going empty which kinda feels bad. I keep having to land and take off again just to fill the bar and get a bit further. I wish I could just fly longer. Is that a bad thing to wish for? Maybe there is a way to do that and I just don't know about it? Anyway I just wanted to put that out there...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

The mounts in GW2 are limited so that the open world lives on and the enemies on the map are a threat. It also forces you to explore the map which died when WoW put the flying mounts.

If you want to go far use Griffon, if you want to go short distances and up use Skyscale

I've played WoW for many years and the worst thing about WoW was adding the unlimited flying mount. He made open world exploration and challenge cease to exist.

Conclusion, the GW2 mounts are well made even the turtle although many hate it

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Krajtin.8956 said:

The mounts in GW2 are limited so that the open world lives on and the enemies on the map are a threat. It also forces you to explore the map which died when WoW put the flying mounts.

If you want to go far use Griffon, if you want to go short distances and up use Skyscale

I've played WoW for many years and the worst thing about WoW was adding the unlimited flying mount. He made open world exploration and challenge cease to exist.

While I do think unlimited flying mounts (no endurance bar ) has its advantages (it is fun imo)

You are correct about all those disadvantages. It also makes the world feel more dead when you don't see people traveling from a to b any longer

I think the mounts are just fine in GW2. 

I don't think unlimited flying mounts was so good in FFXIV compared to WoW with the invisible walls

I think a huge world (not restricted by many instanced zones) is needed for unlimited flying mounts to feel as good as in wow

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Krajtin.8956 said:

Honestly, that is what made me quit WoW years ago is when they removed the unlimited flying and put it behind a kitten 6 month rep grind. I think them adding unlimited flying for cheap was one of the best decisions they have ever made. I love unlimited flying in games because I think it is a nice QoL that makes people explore more because it is easier to do.

As for the OP, I wouldn't mind them adding unlimited flying to the game, but it won't happen. Yes, there is the Griffon and all that as well, but kind of have to learn to make peace with the fact the GW2 mount system is not designed that way like it is with other MMOs even if it is my preferred flying mount system. I prefer QoL and ease of flying over more immersion stuff, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1