Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

6 minutes ago, Sylvrr.6541 said:

Can you give any kind of answer on if the 5 AA a day reward will, in effect, be similar in value to the 55 Laurels and 20 Mystic Coins we have received previously?

I hope not. You shouldn’t get rewarded for clicking through your 20+ accounts. It’s good they are changing this now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The point is, those players that might do that are a tiny minority compared to those that so far sourced those mats. So, unless the supply sources available for farmers will become much, much bigger than currently, the net result is easy to predict.

I mean, even if the amount of MCs active farmer playerbase can provide would double or triple, it's currently around 2-3% of all MC generation at best. So, after increase it might be around 10% maybe? If, at the same time, amount of MCs coming from casual playerbase just halves (and the changes suggest it might be way, way worse than that), we'd be at only ~55% of current supply (and that's a very optimistic take, by the way). As you can see, the more active playerbase putting more effort would not really matter that much at all.

I... Think we're going back and forth on the same point. There's a few more pages of replies I haven't read since I dipped out a few hours ago, so maybe you've got some other addition there I haven't seen.

My point is that if you still give some MCs to very casual players via the vault, but push more of them into say, new strikes, then you're trying to help push people to do those activities more. MCs and clovers are rewards that are meant for end game item crafting for dedicated players. Casual players can still get the items, but they would have to either wait longer, or they can go into activities Anet wants to promote, be it Fractals, WvW, whatever. If they don't care about those or the end game crafting like legendaries, the reduced amount of them in the market overall pushes the price up, making it so the casual gets to sell it for a bit more profit per coin, albeit with less coins overall, hopefully balancing out at them getting a similar amount of passive gold. Dedicated players either play the repeatable content with a group more to get the end game items, making those a little harder to get (probably a good thing, gen 3 weapons were probably a bit too easy), or if they have the end game items they want, it makes those repeatable activities more profitable by bumping coin prices. It, like the whole vault system, seems to want to get you to engage with the game and play it instead of just log into it. I think that's good.

Coins harder to get by logins, but more available by doing STUFF = people doing more stuff with one another in game. I, again, think that's a good goal and idea to strive for, and this is their attempt at it that could be longer term than do the new map for a collection until you have that collection done and never go back.

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

I hope not. You shouldn’t get rewarded for clicking through your 20+ accounts. It’s good they are changing this now. 

:/ I really dislike this mentality. The reality is there are a decent number of players just like myself who support and play the game, who probably won't between this and the legendary rune changes ultimately leading to a less populated game and eventually a dead one. Even if you don't agree with my outlook, you as another consumer, should atleast be worried about the health of the game as a whole and how the backlash from veterans like myself is likely to be received. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 5

Just now, Sylvrr.6541 said:

😕 I really dislike this mentality. The reality is there are a decent number of players just like myself who support and play the game, who probably won't between this and the legendary rune changes ultimately leading to a less populated game and eventually a dead one. Even if you don't agree with my outlook, you as another consumer, should atleast be worried about the health of the game as a whole and how the backlash from veterans like myself is likely to be received. 

In addition, why shouldn't anybody get value from something they actually paid for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Sylvrr.6541 said:

😕 I really dislike this mentality. The reality is there are a decent number of players just like myself who support and play the game, who probably won't between this and the legendary rune changes ultimately leading to a less populated game and eventually a dead one. Even if you don't agree with my outlook, you as another consumer, should atleast be worried about the health of the game as a whole and how the backlash from veterans like myself is likely to be received. 

Clicking through your 20+ accounts is not playing the game. Why you should get rewarded for just logging in? Play the game to get rewards. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Just now, vares.8457 said:

Clicking through your 20+ accounts for a not playing the game. Why you should get rewarded for just logging in? Play the game to get rewards. 

Listen. I'm a full legendary player. I play plenty okay? I paid for a thing, I should have that thing. Isn't that a fair sentence?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

you know, I never wrote on the forum, I always thought that it doesn't matter, the devs will always do what they want, but I'd like to give my opinion.

I think it's funny that people are happy with people who have alt accounts losing their log in reward, because they think they won't be affected by it. But, wait to see the price of the items later and you'll see. I've been playing for 5 years, I already have all the legendary items in the game, I don't care about that.

But the question is, when I log for 28 days I get 20 Mystic Coin, 35 Laurels and 7 Mystic Clovers. I only have 3 hours a day to play, I do my fractals and my farm, and I'm off. now I will be forced to stop doing that, to do the Daily missions?

And even if I do, will it be equivalent to 20 Mystic Coin, 35 Laurels, 7 Mystic Clovers, 56 Gold(Daily) and 280 Achievements points?

Another question how long will it take me every day? because there are some horrible dailies to do like Dungeon and Mini-Dungeons, which is a time-consuming content, and that doesn't give any prizes, Jump Puzzle, another thing that nobody likes.

In the image that was made available, the Strike Mission daily appears, who does not have the other expansions, will it be forced?

So, here's my opinion, You're messing around where you shouldn't, it's going to mess up the market, maybe make items harder to get.

In just a few hours the amount of Mystic Coin available in the Trade dropped from 70k to 60k and reached 53k, and the demand is only increasing, I wouldn't be scared if Mystic Coin reaches 3g+.

Thank you Arena Net you are forcing players to stay online longer, to get something that was already earned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, Sylvrr.6541 said:

Alright @Rubi Bayer.8493. I know you can't comment too clearly on things due to the nature of rewards and how future releases can/will affect the economy of the game. So, as a long time supporter of the game, someone who met their wife in this game and has several alts. Can you give any kind of answer on if the 5 AA a day reward will, in effect, be similar in value to the 55 Laurels and 20 Mystic Coins we have received previously? I know myself and several other veteran players would very much like to know. 

I also have several alt accounts, in fact i have 6 accounts with all expansions, difference is i play them frequently. Good thing they got rid of this massive.. well lets call it what it is.. gold exploit. People are using hundreds of not even upgraded accounts to funnel their daily reward goodies to their "main". I hope these weekly 35 AA you will get wont get you more than 1 mystic coin.

And no, theres no way these 35x4 AA will get you the same value as your current daily rewards, lets do some quick math, 1300x4 is 5200, if your  35x4 -140 will be worth the same, our 5200 would be worth thousands and thousands of gold.

Edited by Buckeye.9846
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

30 minutes ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

its called COMSUMER RIGHT.  If the stuff they bought got changed to worthless they can get their money back

I mean, the accounts still have full access to play guild wars 2 all you want on them. That's been worth a good 3,000+ hours of entertainment to me over the last decade. Pretty valuable still!

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sylvrr.6541 said:

Listen. I'm a full legendary player. I play plenty okay? I paid for a thing, I should have that thing. Isn't that a fair sentence?

If ANET is against login accounts, they should state it clearly. So far, a lot of popular streamers, like "teapot", was actively bragging how login accounts are great passive income, so it's totally not against ToS. At least he was not banned for this ...
Having this cleared, something that was promoted by streamers and actually purchased by clients should not plainly loose value without clear statement if they decided to reverse it, not some shady updates without mentioning intent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

I will be laughing hard after 2 month when my 10k mystic coins sells for 5 gold each since there is no free 20 mystic per month, now u have to grind for it and ppl will save their AA for mount skins and etc. 

If you will find somebody to sell it to in 2 month😄 (just joking, most probably, there will be still ppl with no life ready to spend now 5x more on same stuff).

So far situation reminds me Blizzard with Diablo Immortal announcement 😄 Is it some sort of April folls joke, ANET?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

I will be laughing hard after 2 month when my 10k mystic coins sells for 5 gold each since there is no free 20 mystic per month, now u have to grind for it and ppl will save their AA for mount skins and etc. 

I mean, yes. The economy is changing. They'll go up, people who stockpiled will get a big payout (unless we can get more from dailies since we know nothing about costs or caps). Then things that reward a mystic coin will be worth a lot more of your time if they're 5 gold. Just think of WvW reward tracks! Green prophet shards! Wow! So much value will be earnable by playing the game! Isn't that so cool? You'll be more rewarded while you're playing the game? Heck, you'll get a heavier dose of gold from strikes, wvw, pvp, raids, etc, and be able to get a mount or weapon skin every so often. Yeesh. Sounds neat.

They go up or down, overall costs go up or down, whatever gives them feels more or less rewarding. It's just a percentage shift from logging in being a certain level of rewarding to playing being a little more so. That's GOOD. They want us to want to play the game, not just wave hi and bye to it.

Regardless, we're ALL talking out our kitten because we don't know costs or caps. Maybe you can buy more coins than you could get with freebies and the supply will be the same? Maybe people who don't care for the skins in a quarter can pump out more materials instead for some profits or faster legendaries instead of fashion? Nobody will know until next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I mean, yes. The economy is changing. They'll go up, people who stockpiled will get a big payout (unless we can get more from dailies since we know nothing about costs or caps). Then things that reward a mystic coin will be worth a lot more of your time if they're 5 gold. Just think of WvW reward tracks! Green prophet shards! Wow! So much value will be earnable by playing the game! Isn't that so cool? You'll be more rewarded while you're playing the game? Heck, you'll get a heavier dose of gold from strikes, wvw, pvp, raids, etc, and be able to get a mount or weapon skin every so often. Yeesh. Sounds neat.

They go up or down, overall costs go up or down, whatever gives them feels more or less rewarding. It's just a percentage shift from logging in being a certain level of rewarding to playing being a little more so. That's GOOD. They want us to want to play the game, not just wave hi and bye to it.

Regardless, we're ALL talking out our kitten because we don't know costs or caps. Maybe you can buy more coins than you could get with freebies and the supply will be the same? Maybe people who don't care for the skins in a quarter can pump out more materials instead for some profits or faster legendaries instead of fashion? Nobody will know until next week.

Just to clarify, they want us to play the way they want, not the way we want. If direction is aligned - good for you. If you prefer more relaxing way of playing - bad luck.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

Hace 1 minuto, WRay.2391 dijo:

Solo para aclarar, quieren que juguemos como ellos quieren, no como nosotros queremos. Si la dirección está alineada, bien por ti. Si prefieres una forma más relajante de jugar, mala suerte.

You tell me that the soto expansion is not friendly at all with the old players and the casual ones thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Derktarlms.6213 said:

You tell me that the soto expansion is not friendly at all with the old players and the casual ones thanks

In fact, old player with legendary completed and no major material sync requirements will be fine. Others will not be in a good spot at all.

Just to clarify this is not expansion specific, changes will be forces to non-expansion players as well.

Edited by WRay.2391
Clarification
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

39 minutes ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I... Think we're going back and forth on the same point. There's a few more pages of replies I haven't read since I dipped out a few hours ago, so maybe you've got some other addition there I haven't seen.

My point is that if you still give some MCs to very casual players via the vault, but push more of them into say, new strikes, then you're trying to help push people to do those activities more. MCs and clovers are rewards that are meant for end game item crafting for dedicated players. Casual players can still get the items, but they would have to either wait longer, or they can go into activities Anet wants to promote, be it Fractals, WvW, whatever. If they don't care about those or the end game crafting like legendaries, the reduced amount of them in the market overall pushes the price up, making it so the casual gets to sell it for a bit more profit per coin, albeit with less coins overall, hopefully balancing out at them getting a similar amount of passive gold. Dedicated players either play the repeatable content with a group more to get the end game items, making those a little harder to get (probably a good thing, gen 3 weapons were probably a bit too easy), or if they have the end game items they want, it makes those repeatable activities more profitable by bumping coin prices. It, like the whole vault system, seems to want to get you to engage with the game and play it instead of just log into it. I think that's good.

Coins harder to get by logins, but more available by doing STUFF = people doing more stuff with one another in game. I, again, think that's a good goal and idea to strive for, and this is their attempt at it that could be longer term than do the new map for a collection until you have that collection done and never go back.

I'm skeptical this will happen though. Based on literally everything that's happened in the game since its existence.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

@Rubi Bayer.8493. Several of us need clarity soon as we have bought alt accounts recently with the explicit purpose of the Login Rewards and having to contacted support to make sure it was ok to do so with that intention.

Which is why I want to know, if the login rewards value get drastically affected or affected, will we be allowed a refund for those accounts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

This statement means little when we don't know the prices of everything. I'm betting 5 astral acclaim isn't very much and definitely isn't enough to purchase most Daily Login equivalents.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1