Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Oh no what are you going to do with the time you spent clicking through your 20 accounts 🤣 poor boy 

maybe play the game 

I dont have 20 accounts. I do have two, and both get played. Maybe you should stop making false statements.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Legendary Runes IS a valid criticism, because taking part of something people have already done, and moving it to something they are going to have to redo is a terrible decision. Even if it diversifies builds, makes players rethink "meta" and opens up options for more exciting benefits. Redesigning the daily login rewards because they do not want players logging in, chopping 4 trees, touching a vista, and using a friendly Mesmer portal to the end of a JP that takes less than 5m for 2g. I exaggerated 3 easy tasks for the PvE section, ANet probably saw this as an unhealthy habit to keep in Guild Wars 2 and decided something needed to change. In two weeks when people have actually had a chance to digest how the changes affect the landscape of Guild Wars 2... that would be worthy of having a serious discussion, not "OMG this one singular screenshot is the death of my favorite game" conversation that this thread is turning into. All I see is people spinning their head around math and numbers about how they collect daily rewards and maximizing efficiency... same with that other thread about people calculating gem costs for the supply drop.

Conversation about login REWARDS track, not daily achievements.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

LoL The one laughing don't understand they will spend 4 gold per MC on TP and crazy amount on T6 mats. Not sure will be laughing the last.

But we don't know that's what will happen, do we? To be sure that's how it will go, we'd need to know the prices of the rewards. Add lower price, limited (even to 1) daily purchases tab and if anet wanted to, they can retain a similar level of laurel/mcs income from daily log ins. Except you'd need to interact with the npc daily or almost daily.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, vrauns.3215 said:

In the new system, i have say 100 astral acclaim, it's enough to get 3 rewards instead of 1 each day.

Ok, and Rubi said that dailies will give 10AA each, so your 100AA required you to do 10 dailies...which is more than the three per day you would need to do to complete dailies under the current system. So, by your logic, the new system will require more than three times as many dailies to get only three times the rewards. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Ok, and Rubi said that dailies will give 10AA each, so your 100AA required you to do 10 dailies...which is more than the three per day you would need to do to complete dailies under the current system. So, by your logic, the new system will require more than three times as many dailies to get only three times the rewards. 

i can do tasks and get more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

People also seem to have forgotten that with the new system you'll be able to opt out of dailies/weeklies for gamemodes you don't enjoy. For example if you only play PvE, you can disable PvP and WvW dailies and get 3x more PvE ones instead of splitting them between all 3 gamemodes.

Again, conversation mostly about reward track, not achievements. Even now you can do daylies in the mode you prefer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, yumi.5170 said:

They are not answering if we will get the same amount, because we won't. Changes like this have always been worse! Get ready for mc to go up in price. 

5 astral acclaim is for daily login, tasks get you about 240 astral acclaim, if you do them all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

IMO abusing multiple account should be against the TOS, if you're not willing to actually play the game, you shouldn't get an rewards, simple as that.

Hmm, at this point I have one main account and four alt accounts. The alt accounts have all the expansions up to and including EoD. Don't know yet if I'll get SotO for them though I did pre-purchase it for my main. On my alt accounts I log into them every day, usually just after the daily reset, get the log-in rewards and run them through some mat gathering. If the dailies look quick and easy, I'll do the dailies on each one. If not, I'll skip the dailies on them. The alt accounts funnel their mats and gold into my main account. With my main account, I do two hours of WvW a day, some mat farming, some metas, and then whatever else I feel like doing. Today I've been running a key farmer. I'm not sure how any of that could be considered abusing multiple accounts or why it should be against the TOS. The money I've put into those alt accounts helps support Anet and that helps everyone who enjoys the game.

As for the main discussions in this thread, I don't know enough yet to be either for or against the coming changes to the dailies and the daily log-in rewards. When the new expansion drops, I'll have to see all the details before deciding whether I like the changes or not. One minor thing that I can say already that I like is that the existing log-in rewards contain a lot of fluff that I don't find useful. It seems like the new system will allow me to focus on things I will find useful. The question there that still remains to be answered, as several people have already said, is how much those 5aa's that we'll get just from logging in will actually be able to buy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I understand most currently come from logins, but at some tipping point the cost of coins goes up to the point that doing all the alternate ways to get them becomes very worth doing, and active players will shift play methods to do those things more, gold making videos and 'what do you do?' guides will push people to those activities more, and hopefully the dailies and weeklies do as well.

The point is, those players that might do that are a tiny minority compared to those that so far sourced those mats. So, unless the supply sources available for farmers will become much, much bigger than currently, the net result is easy to predict.

I mean, even if the amount of MCs active farmer playerbase can provide would double or triple, it's currently around 2-3% of all MC generation at best. So, after increase it might be around 10% maybe? If, at the same time, amount of MCs coming from casual playerbase just halves (and the changes suggest it might be way, way worse than that), we'd be at only ~55% of current supply (and that's a very optimistic take, by the way). As you can see, the more active playerbase putting more effort would not really matter that much at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 2

Aren't weekly a bit.. Easy?

From the French blogpost we have:

Finish 5 PvP games 

Heal for 50 000 hp on others or yourself

Complete Jumping Puzzle X

Complete Jumping puzzle Y

Am I the only one finding this undertuned? 

My biggest hope for this system is that it finally directs players to the massive amount of content the game has or incentives to switch their game style like heal etc. 

People flocking to Orr because we have to do X Events in there or finish some meta events, this kind of thing. 

But healing 50k is note pretty quickly, it's about 3 person's full health bar. For a weekly. 

Any thoughts? 

Edited by Demeth.5816
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Demeth.5816 said:

Finish 5 PvP games 

My biggest hope for this system is that it finally directs players to the massive amount of content the game has or incentives to switch their game style like heal etc. 

People flocking to Orr because we have to do X Events in there or finish some meta events, this kind of thing. 

But healing 50k is note pretty quickly, it's about 3 person's full health bar. For a weekly. 

Any thoughts? 

they can't make it overtuned, because they are not offering a premium bp.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Demeth.5816 said:

Finish 5 PvP games 

Any thoughts? 

I think it's because more than half the population uses DPS builds, which have very low healing capabailities if at all.

Edited by Mor The Thief.9135
  • Sad 1

Just now, Demeth.5816 said:

Finish 5 PvP games 

Any thoughts? 

Exactly the kind of thing I hope for, there are tons of things to do in this games that people rarely do because it's not nearly as profitable as doing Drizzlewood or Dragonstorm. I want the new system to encourage and reward players to do content that isn't done often.

• Like 4