Relic choice box

8 minutes ago, Lukez.9716 said:

Hi all!

We've heard that we will be getting a relic choice box for each character over level 60 for 3 relics. Have we heard if that box is soulbound? I.e. can my parked alts just send their boxes to my main chars so they get extras?

We have not heard anything about that  no.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

...but it is still safe to assume that it will be soulbound, because otherwise people could send them all to their main character and be in advantage over others. 😉

It's really not much of an advantage. I agree though it is likely soulbound. I don't think it would hurt anything if the boxes (unopened) were account bound instead. At least then some mains would have enough relic inventory bloat to actually try everything out and figure out which relics work best.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

"When the expansion launches, each character of level 60 or above will receive a relic chest to get you started in the new system with a choice of three core relics (exact number subject to change). Additional core relics will not be account bound and can be crafted and shared between players."

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/relics-bring-new-equipment-to-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

The last sentence implies that relics from the relic chest will be accountbound on acquisition. Obviously not a guarantee, but the most likely scenario based on the phrasing they used in the blogpost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The relics seem to be at least soulbound on equip. That's all we know for sure so far.

There's an increasing number of very slow people on the forums judging by all the "confused" reactions lately.

This is correct, the Relics we've seen in the screenshots are soulbound. It's not a huge leap to infer that, like other exotic trinkets like rings and amulets, they will be soulbound on equip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2