New Expansion SotO aesthetics?

14 hours ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

As part of new releases or expansions will we be getting a new character select screen and music as we have with previous releases?

will be but the real question is will anet update it so that u can see backpacks and.infusion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

we need to be able to change the background of the log in screen... i like the current one and missed the old ones.

💯, I miss the core Tyrian background. Again these are things I have asked for and not just me either thousands have asked for this feature the ones mentioned above. We can only keep asking I guess

• Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 7:01 PM, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

As part of new releases or expansions will we be getting a new character select screen and music as we have with previous releases?

You will be getting approximately 30% of your characters with new background and music, depending on armor weight, and some obscure measuring metric. This will be increased  twice over the coming year to 100% If you would like to get this sooner you will probably be able to buy it with astral acclaim, though then you may not be able to afford any of the other items. I kid, I am sure these will be done, I am just petty.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I will not rest until I can open the character background with the "Overture from Eye of the North" again and the matching CSS from that time

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/f/f6/EotN_character_selection_screen.jpg

(joke, but it'll be nice with a change of the background and music if they do add that with SotO... not needed, but just nice for the novelty)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

(And perhaps allow us to pick a theme from current and previous CSSs? 🙂 )

With expacs happening basically yearly, and if we assume expectation of new backdrop every expac, it should indeed be priority to allow us to pick which one we want to see.

ESO has yearly expacs and they have a setting for both character select backdrop and music. Just saying 😉