Massive FPS drop in West/SW Istan

I get 10 FPS in this area, 30 FPS everywhere else in game, except when I am gliding through clouds or a mist layer, or beside a waterfall with a lot of mist. This has always been the case for me in any game at all. Atmospheric density has been an issue on 2 computers for me now. I knew the first time I entered this section of the map, and witnessed a slide show on my screen with movement, the dense haze there was the cause. There kinda needs to be an option in graphics to mitigate this. Putting post process effects to 0 does nothing.

Has anyone noticed similar performance issues in the area in the very South-East of Istan? It's the area around "Chahbek Thrust" POI with the black tar gorge. That particular area is unplayable for me but everywhere else in the map seems to be fine.

(I'm playing on a potato machine atm so "fine" means "not grinding to a dead halt")

@Ramontique.9852 said:Same issue.. i5 7500 and rx 470 4 GB. None of my four cores goes above 48% usage but my GPU instantly get 100% usage in this area. Where in other parts of the game the usage rarely gets above 48% (with hardly 1 GB of video memory usage)

Can confirm that disabling best texture filtering restores my fps (27- -> 55-60) and GPU usage (100% -> 68%). GPU still seems to be a bit on the high side.

I am running a 7 year old Intel i7-960 - 3.2Ghz - Radeon R7- 370 (2Gb GDDR5) .. and have 6-16 fps when doing the meta in Istan.The Istan map in general feels sluggish, and sometimes laggy.

My cpu is overclocked to 3.6Ghz.. even had it running a while on 4.3Ghz but got anoyed with my cpu fan trying to be a helicopter.

My cpu benchmark on CPU-Z isn't the best 1500 ~ i know, but i have never had any problems running DS, TD or AB meta's with huge crowds.I have tried everything, updated everything.. Domain of Istan is just a disaster.

In some Tyria areas i used to get 120-140 fps a few weeks ago, and usually test this in an area in Maelstrom.. now when i get there it is around 80fps.. i am no PC expert, but something has changed, and its not good.

@Randulf.7614 said:Hopefully we can hear an official comment as to the poss cause or if it is being investigated

Don't count on it. We still haven't heard a thing about the blurry text they introduced with the dpi scaling patch for us running resolutions like 1680x1050 (for example). It's like they don't give a fuck anymore.

@Heisenberg.1482 said:I was wondering why the bone wall along the southern border of Elon Riverlands and the other ones in PoF have no negative effects on fps but the one in Domain of Istan does. What's causing it?

I'm not sure it is the bone wall directly, although it does cause a drop in all map it is in for me. The major problem seems to centre on the rock at Champions Dawn itself

• 6 months later...

Somewhat copy of another answer of mine in another topic about this problem:

It happens only, and only in Champion's Dawn so far for me.You might already found a workaround, but let this stay here as a future reference for people who run into this problem, since as of today, it is still in the game. Turn Reflections to None in this area worked for me to get some fps back to playable lvls.

Archived