Daybreak Spoilers

Michram.6853

@Ronin.7381 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Nenah states that the chains "are beyond the judge's power to break. They exist at Balthazar's will". While it's not explicitly stated, one interpretation is that since Balthazar no longer wills them to be (since he's now dead) the chains would have dissipated on their own and freed Joko to return to Tyria.

But does Joko know how to travel through the mists? I assumed that it was Balthazar that brought him there in the first place. It possible that he would take the portal that we used to escape the land of the lost, but I thought that was controlled by the judge.

Why else would he be put in a cage if he posed no threat to the underworld. The Judge is more of an Overseer, appointed by Grenth to guide or direct those that wnader. But unlike the player, Joko was imprisoned because he was never some simple mortal.

The Judge didn't imprison Joko. That was all Balthazar. By the sound of it, all the Judge wanted was for Joko to get out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did go to one of the Inquest terminals after saving Taimi (thank the alchemy), and I noticed an interesting tidbit. The terminal states that that the base has been operational for nearly 8 years (seven years, 11 months, 22 days, 9 hours, (x) minutes, and 53 seconds).

I wonder if that asura city cube shape north of Istan on the map is related?

@Arden.7480 said:Also Amnoon is totally destroyed... I hoped we'd win, but Kralkatorrik is so freaking strong!

Lots to reply to (and agree with) but I'll note that this one bit isn't entirely accurate. I talked to people after the fight was over and one guy (the Captain, I think) said that while there had been substantial loss of life there was surprisingly little structural damage. A city is its people and their interactions more than it is its infrastructure (though the infrastructure is crucial to facilitating those interactions), so the city is definitely hurting, but "totally destroyed" it is not.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@Ronin.7381 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Nenah states that the chains "are beyond the judge's power to break. They exist at Balthazar's will". While it's not explicitly stated, one interpretation is that since Balthazar no longer wills them to be (since he's now dead) the chains would have dissipated on their own and freed Joko to return to Tyria.

But does Joko know how to travel through the mists? I assumed that it was Balthazar that brought him there in the first place. It possible that he would take the portal that we used to escape the land of the lost, but I thought that was controlled by the judge.

Why else would he be put in a cage if he posed no threat to the underworld. The Judge is more of an Overseer, appointed by Grenth to guide or direct those that wnader. But unlike the player, Joko was imprisoned because he was never some simple mortal.

The Judge didn't imprison Joko. That was all Balthazar. By the sound of it, all the Judge wanted was for Joko to get
out

Yeah, I know Balthazar was the one that imprisoned Joko - he tricked him after all.

@Ronin.7381 said:

@draxynnic.3719 said:

As people have said, Balthazar imprisoned Joko, not the Judge. The Judge actually wanted Joko gone because the Judge considered Joko's presence to be destabilising the Domain of the Lost, but the chains were beyond his power to break.

@EdwinLi.1284 said:I have this strong feeling that LW4 storyline may lead us to a Inquest Asura Gate that leads into Cantha.

If the Inquest been in Elona for years without anyone knowing about them until now then it is possible they have a Gate that leads into a Inquest Research base in Cantha they may have secretly set up long ago.

I really-really hope that doesn't become a thing. While I do expect to see the Inquest since Asura used the underground caves of the Dwarves/dredge in Guild Wars 1 (which did reach Cantha), I was hoping Cantha would be more self contained. By that I mean, you have a xenophobic emperor who holds the continent hostage and you have the potential to bring the Tengu into the forefront through the Dominion of Winds.

Out of all the potential new races they could introduce, they could use the Tengu (Dominion of Winds being their starting place) and their whole story is about going home. You could weave into the Tyria campaign where their level 80 quest at the end of Living World brings them back to the DoW where they come to the conclusion that they either need to leave and find a home in Cantha (Shin Jae Islands) or have acquired enough forces to take back/reclaim their homeland.

Cantha then becomes this story of subterfuge, freeing and establishing the Kurzick and Luxons once more while building a Tengu Armada in Cantha - all converges on the Royal Palace to overthrow the empire.

Sounds all too fantastical, I admit. And will probably end up disappointed, wouldn't be the first time hahaha

The tengu regard the DoW as their homeland, as revealed by prophecy. Shing Jea was just one of the places they lived before their homeland was revealed by the events of the prophecy.

Archived