They ruined the game

On 8/22/2023 at 12:07 PM, Kaibamon.7206 said:

They removed daily login rewards which was a reason for many to login and surprisingly play a bit after only to replace it with a FOMO Battlepass! They removed much of the rune effects that were ok for a poor relic set. And they removed the reason for specializations since now everyone can use spec weapons.Not to mention the expansion itself is not even complete!. I have huuuge buyers remorse with this expansion. I loved my golemancy rune with my additional golem, why did they have to remove it? I regret buying this expansion and these new changes. anyone else feel the same?

(Since there's a lot of pages of responses, I'm sorry if this is a repeat)
Aren't there special effects on the weapons that go along with the elite specs? For example, only the Untamed can utilize the alt skills of the hammer when you go 'untamed' on your ranger. So in that sense, there'd still be a reason for a ranger to play Untamed with the hammer.

From what I understood, all elite specs have some kind of special interaction with their corresponding weapons? If that's not the case, then I can understand this sentiment somewhat and would want Anet to make it so all weapons released with elites would have a special interaction with them.

Though, even if that's not the case, I still wouldn't say they removed a reason for choosing specs, as elite specs are special on their own. I'm pretty sure a lot of folks through the years have been playing the specs without the weapons since not everyone liked the weapons the came with, and simply liked the playstyle of the spec itself.

Edited by meerfunkuhtron.9725
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, Jianyu.7065 said:

If all you did, and all you ONLY did was log in to collect the daily reward - then the old system gave more tangible rewards, but if that's all you did then those rewards were basically worthless anyway.

Otherwise, if you logged in, collected your daily rewards and then played for a little bit - this new system, reward wise for actually playing the game, has been proven to be factually more rewarding than the old system. Period. Whether or not you enjoy actually playing the game is up to you, and if don't enjoy playing - I can understand why you're not being rewarded.

I logged in got reward and did anything but dailies, but..had fun(one thing I was doing recently was map completion for ex)..so now I am forced into this. How does this help me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

On 8/25/2023 at 6:46 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

How different are you two in which expansions you own?

Because if you have the same ones unlocked, and choose the same game modes, you should be getting the same dailies and weeklies. My son and I get the same set each day.

Depending on the size of your guild, maybe you can't make sure everyone has the same, but you should be able to sync your account with your husband, at least, by picking up whatever expansion one has that the other doesn't.

We own all deluxe expansions, we always bought the best :(.

My guild is over 400 strong...

We should not be forced to pick one or the other. in game mode.  That still defeats the purpose of playing with my Husband.

I don't want that icon on my screen as a matter of fact I might tape it up so i don't have to look at it anymore... Very Disappointed in Arenanet/GW2, I don't even want to log into the game anymore 😞 

I think it was best put buy this person: I love this on forms: Vecta.3475
Vecta.3475
Members
Posted Thursday at 07:02 AM
This is my first forum post. After the SotO release this week, I felt compelled to criticize one change that I do not understand nor agree with. Why was the daily achievements system changed? The new daily achievements system is flawed and inferior to the old daily achievements in every way that I have considered.
First off, I'm not referring to the changes to the daily login rewards system. Personally I am neutral on the removal of the daily login rewards. I understand ArenaNet's rationale for removing it. What I cannot comprehend however, is why ANet decided to also remove a good, working daily achievements system, and replace it with a worse one at the same time. There are several issues to be had with SotO, but the changes for the worse to the daily achievements are the most glaringly obvious to me.
The old daily achievements system was objectively better than the current SotO equivalent. The old daily achievements: 1) Already aligned with ANet's goal of rewarding active player participation, as there was no passive daily achievement reward for simply logging in. 2) Provided player choice with four options per game mode, so that players could choose the content that they enjoy. This choice of options was completely curtailed in the new system, which is a serious problem. 3) Were unobtrusive and intuitive, requiring no additional actions from players once a reward was earned. An elegant design compared to the cumbersome new system. 4) Provided some useful reward chests upon completion. Now replaced with nothing equivalent. 5) Encouraged better group participation, which is a good thing in an MMO. The new daily rewards system introduced in SotO fails at every one of these criteria.
In the quest to remove the contentious daily login rewards, ANet allowed the daily achievements to be caught up in the conflagration and removed it as well.
The current SotO daily achievements are an over-engineered, immersion-breaking design that is coupled to a budget storefront with worse UI and UX. This change should not be acceptable to players. The overall problem that I have not seen discussed by other forum posts is staring me in the face.
SotO added a new currency, Astral Acclaim to provide a means of purchasing the important items that were previously primarily gained via the daily login rewards. ANet decided to tie this AA currency to daily achievements, which inexplicably seems to limit their own options. Be that as it may, the core problem is that we do not need any new daily achievements or new storefront to support the new AA currency. Since the dawn of GW2, there has always been a solution. Vendors.
The Wizard's Vault UI is not needed. Keep the new rewards system, but remove the WV and use currency vendors like every other non-gem currency in the game.
Astral Acclaim should be earned as any other in-game currency, and spent at AA currency vendors throughout the game world. The SotO expansion-only items would only be purchasable at AA vendors in the SotO maps, while the rest of the core game items would be purchasable at AA vendors in all regions. The currency vendor model is perfectly fine for this new currency. The UI and UX of buying and selling at vendors is seamless, understood and intuitive to players since the game launched. Not to mention that its also immersive and fun to buy and sell things at merchants, if you enjoy the lore aspect of the game.
Replacing the currency vendor model with a poorly designed, budget storefront is disappointing and probably cost ANet too much time to develop, when an existing system was readily available that does it better and faster.
The only change that was needed to allow the old daily achievements to support the new Astral Acclaim currency , was to add AA rewards to the pre-existing daily achievement rewards. Limit the number to completed dailies that award AA to 3 or 4 or whatever is needed, and add the new AA currency vendors to the game world. Simple, efficient and intuitive.
The new daily achievements with the Wizards Vault is an objectively worse design for the reasons stated. Extrapolate the WV concept to future expansions. Where does it end? How many budget storefronts will we need? It won't work. Do not follow that path. The idea to allow player freedom to earn and spend AA on items including Mystic Coins, Laurels, and Clovers is good and laudable, but the execution of the idea was poor.
Please ArenaNet, consider this alternative. Bring back the old daily achievements with Astral Acclaim currency added as a new reward alongside the previous daily achievement rewards. Do not fall for the sunk cost fallacy. ANet, there is still time to recover from this stumble before it becomes a fall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

We own all deluxe expansions, we always bought the best :(.

My guild is over 400 strong...

We should not be forced to pick one or the other. in game mode.  That still defeats the purpose of playing with my Husband.

I don't want that icon on my screen as a matter of fact I might tape it up so i don't have to look at it anymore... Very Disappointed in Arenanet/GW2, I don't even want to log into the game anymore 😞 

I think it was best put buy this person: I love this on forms: Vecta.3475
Vecta.3475
Members
Posted Thursday at 07:02 AM
This is my first forum post. After the SotO release this week, I felt compelled to criticize one change that I do not understand nor agree with. Why was the daily achievements system changed? The new daily achievements system is flawed and inferior to the old daily achievements in every way that I have considered.
First off, I'm not referring to the changes to the daily login rewards system. Personally I am neutral on the removal of the daily login rewards. I understand ArenaNet's rationale for removing it. What I cannot comprehend however, is why ANet decided to also remove a good, working daily achievements system, and replace it with a worse one at the same time. There are several issues to be had with SotO, but the changes for the worse to the daily achievements are the most glaringly obvious to me.
The old daily achievements system was objectively better than the current SotO equivalent. The old daily achievements: 1) Already aligned with ANet's goal of rewarding active player participation, as there was no passive daily achievement reward for simply logging in. 2) Provided player choice with four options per game mode, so that players could choose the content that they enjoy. This choice of options was completely curtailed in the new system, which is a serious problem. 3) Were unobtrusive and intuitive, requiring no additional actions from players once a reward was earned. An elegant design compared to the cumbersome new system. 4) Provided some useful reward chests upon completion. Now replaced with nothing equivalent. 5) Encouraged better group participation, which is a good thing in an MMO. The new daily rewards system introduced in SotO fails at every one of these criteria.
In the quest to remove the contentious daily login rewards, ANet allowed the daily achievements to be caught up in the conflagration and removed it as well.
The current SotO daily achievements are an over-engineered, immersion-breaking design that is coupled to a budget storefront with worse UI and UX. This change should not be acceptable to players. The overall problem that I have not seen discussed by other forum posts is staring me in the face.
SotO added a new currency, Astral Acclaim to provide a means of purchasing the important items that were previously primarily gained via the daily login rewards. ANet decided to tie this AA currency to daily achievements, which inexplicably seems to limit their own options. Be that as it may, the core problem is that we do not need any new daily achievements or new storefront to support the new AA currency. Since the dawn of GW2, there has always been a solution. Vendors.
The Wizard's Vault UI is not needed. Keep the new rewards system, but remove the WV and use currency vendors like every other non-gem currency in the game.
Astral Acclaim should be earned as any other in-game currency, and spent at AA currency vendors throughout the game world. The SotO expansion-only items would only be purchasable at AA vendors in the SotO maps, while the rest of the core game items would be purchasable at AA vendors in all regions. The currency vendor model is perfectly fine for this new currency. The UI and UX of buying and selling at vendors is seamless, understood and intuitive to players since the game launched. Not to mention that its also immersive and fun to buy and sell things at merchants, if you enjoy the lore aspect of the game.
Replacing the currency vendor model with a poorly designed, budget storefront is disappointing and probably cost ANet too much time to develop, when an existing system was readily available that does it better and faster.
The only change that was needed to allow the old daily achievements to support the new Astral Acclaim currency , was to add AA rewards to the pre-existing daily achievement rewards. Limit the number to completed dailies that award AA to 3 or 4 or whatever is needed, and add the new AA currency vendors to the game world. Simple, efficient and intuitive.
The new daily achievements with the Wizards Vault is an objectively worse design for the reasons stated. Extrapolate the WV concept to future expansions. Where does it end? How many budget storefronts will we need? It won't work. Do not follow that path. The idea to allow player freedom to earn and spend AA on items including Mystic Coins, Laurels, and Clovers is good and laudable, but the execution of the idea was poor.
Please ArenaNet, consider this alternative. Bring back the old daily achievements with Astral Acclaim currency added as a new reward alongside the previous daily achievement rewards. Do not fall for the sunk cost fallacy. ANet, there is still time to recover from this stumble before it becomes a fall.

For weeklies you also both have to represent same guild the first time you log on after reset, to get same weeklies.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

For weeklies you also both have to represent same guild the first time you log on after reset, to get same weeklies.

Aint that only if you take wvw objectives?

Dident matter what guild i did with pve on my 5 accounts only what stuff they owned, 3 core 1 hot/pof one all up to eod

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

we are in the same guilds that doe's no explain how bad dailies are though or how impossible some of them are to do., or why they made them deferent for everyone. That was one of the reasons for me to log in and do dailies. This is not a singled player game. 

As far as weekly goes: I might be able to spend a hour in gw2 due to RL disability's so I have to chose carefully on how a play and for to long.  and the weekly's are to hard to try and finish without grinding it out 😞 and I feel it's more grinding for bad rewards. 

I also feel the AA should go to wallet not this new Mystic vault with only 1,300 AA to collect... I don't play for skins and if I ever wanted a skin I was happy to buy gems to buy that Item  their is nothing in that vault or want or need. Sorry that old system was better for me. I will not use this new one I wont even log into game anymore. 

LMAO: I just tole my hubby I want a sticker to cover up the Icon for the Vault.  I want nothing to do with it. I wont go into a frenzy on the need to constantly having to click to get a reward either...

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

we are in the same guilds that doe's no explain how bad dailies are though or how impossible some of them are to do., or why they made them deferent for everyone. That was one of the reasons for me to log in and do dailies. This is not a singled player game. 

As far as weekly goes: I might be able to spend a hour in gw2 due to RL disability's so I have to chose carefully on how a play and for to long.  and the weekly's are to hard to try and finish without grinding it out 😞 and I feel it's more grinding for bad rewards. 

I also feel the AA should go to wallet not this new Mystic vault with only 1,300 AA to collect... I don't play for skins and if I ever wanted a skin I was happy to buy gems to buy that Item  their is nothing in that vault or want or need. Sorry that old system was better for me. I will not use this new one I wont even log into game anymore. 

LMAO: I just tole my hubby I want a sticker to cover up the Icon for the Vault.  I want nothing to do with it. I wont go into a frenzy on the need to constantly having to click to get a reward either...

Does not matter if you are in the same guilds, you have to represent exactly same guild at a time of login on, thats for weeklies. I do not know what you mean by impossible daily cause so far, they were all easier than old dailies, only bad thing is you can not pick, you have to do what game tells you. 

You literally do some of the weeklies along the dailies, for example, salvage 50 items, you do that while salvaging 10 items for daily, same for other weeklies I got so far. Annoying can be jumping puzzles but there are often mesmers porting.  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Aint that only if you take wvw objectives?

Dident matter what guild i did with pve on my 5 accounts only what stuff they owned, 3 core 1 hot/pof one all up to eod

I mean it should be only for WvW. I had same pve weeklies for some accounts too (with same expansions). Just saying what wiki says, it does not say it is only for WvW so chances are it is like that for PvE too.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

I think it would not be as bad if they gave you sort of reward choices with those points as the old system. Edited the post for my more detailed feedback on this

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2023 at 3:15 PM, vares.8457 said:

They are not a downgrade. This is just nonsense.
It took me the exact same time doing the new dailies than before the expansion. 
 The only thing they should do is add one or two more dailies so we have a little freedom what dailies we are going to do. But the wizards vault is a way better system than the old system. Now I don’t get items I don’t need like transmutation charges or essence of luck. I can choose what reward I get, this is a huge improvement. 
Overall the new daily system is way better and I like the weekly so far. 

They're a downgrade in the sense that they aren't as good for cooperative gameplay.

I have a friend that I bought the game for and usually buy the expansions for on launch, and I won't bother buying this one for him because he won't play it if he logs in and we have different objectives for dailies.  It would be a waste of money.

Personally, I haven't logged in since the day it launched... or the day after.  I forget.  Nothing about it feels compelling.  I actually haven't gamed at all since then, so maybe this is helping me move on and use that time for things that are a bit more important in my life 😛 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Another idea came to mind of how they just missed the potential. Relics instead of what we got could be literally an extra ability you get. So you'd give players a more active gameplay and choice overall. As a cool down something close to an ult cool down but a bit less and you could have an interesting alternative and instead of making new elite specs you can make a few new abilities you probably scrapped anyway!

And the runes could have gotten a really good upgrade that offered choice. I've been trying to replay Elder scrolls online and appreciate the tier system there so you can take that and crank it up! So thought of the runes that they can work like this:

-you increase the number of runes we can have from 6 to 9(we can through some quests or raids or grind slot 3 more rune slots on rings and necklace)

-I think there are Runesmiths in the game so you can give em purpose by letting us modify runes. Was thinking you can now change rune attributes on the 6th and 3rd slot around or remove that effect entirely. So say you got golemancy rune, I can go to a rune smith and change the 6th effect to the 3rd rune slot and get a weaker and less time present golem effect but get more ferocity on the 6th slot or remove it entirely as you did.

So now you can have someone with let's say full 6th rune slot effect and 3 more runes he gets for attribute or vice versa or maybe they want 3 different 3rd slot rune effects to run for the lols or maybe no rune effect and straight up stats.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Rainbow Dragon.7268 said:

o no changes time to cry.

and as for relics they are fine yes we only have a few that are actually worth using but who cares it's 1 tiny part of a build and if you can't be bothered to find out what's best relic for you to use then go play hello kitty online o wait you can't it shut down lol

and I'm not allowed to cry about things I don't like because why?

And I already found what's best for me and they took it. I don't want to play a meta build, I want to have fun

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

35 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh yes, i'm sure that's the perfect attitude to make sure old players keep liking this game, and new players will become interested enough to stay.

Ignore these type of people and thanks for the backup. But so this guy understands, I have played this game from 2013, still remember doing the first ever season with Scarlet on my Charr Guardian. Then left the game cause of a bad/low spec pc that made playing the game even on low be like a PPT presentation  at times, but eventually came back later. For almost 3 years  I've loved my weird berserk +rune of golemancy build on my asura engineer. I don't really care for meta, I just found a way I had fun and never really complained about anything else up until this point. So this is not coming from someone who is trolling or hates the game for the sake of hating the new thing. I genuinely loved that build and don't want to change it or be taken from me and I'm doing this to provide feedback in the hopes someone from Anet sees and maybe adds it back in.

3 hours ago, Rainbow Dragon.7268 said:

stay salty i guess? winky face.

so know when you do this, you are not helping anyone. You enjoy this expansion and changes? Good for you. I want the same as well. What is wrong with that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Also, 95% of Relics are absolute Garbage, and probably 10-15% of them don't even work properly.  I would have much preferred they just kept that stuff the way it was prior to the expansion launching.

This entire thing just feels like a LW episode they rushed out the door with a bunch of broken or underwhelming stuff layers on top in a desperate attempt to make it seem more compelling than it actually is.

The Rift Hunting is not engaging, immersive or fun.  Flying across the continent and back and wasting all of your time getting there for 2 minutes of fighting the same exact enemies over and over, and some Elite/Champion that dies in 15-30 seconds is not fun.  Over half of your time is spend actually going from here to there.  The entire thing is a massive time sink that offers nothing in return for the amount of time you spend ... basically, MOB grinding Kryptis Rifts.

I'm sorry, but people need to drop the copium.

I don't think it's such a MASSIVE waste of money as some make it out to be, given the cost was relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things.  It's not like they sold it for $49.99 or something.  But, I probably should have waited for initial reviews - and if so, I never would have wasted what they charged me for it.  The entire premise of this expansion makes it close to worthless to me.

I cannot stress enough how awful it feels to spend all that time going across the continent only to have the MOB die 10 seconds before you get there.  This constantly happens.  I've spent about 4 hours playing it since my last post, and Probably 3 of those hours is 100% wasted dead/in-transit time.

I have never played such badly designed content in an MMORPG before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

If that post is "confusing," then the issue is not the post.  It's your IQ.  It's in the negatives 😉

Again:  Boring, repetitive MOB grinding masquerading as an exciting expansion event mechanic.

It's not fun.  The MOBs don't even really drop anything useful, given decent XP, etc - and even if they did the dead time running across the map would basically cancel it out.

I'd much rather install EverQuest I and go kill MOBs there, instead.

Edited by Tren.5120
  • Like 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Flight Master mastery is bugged and will remove the mount if I leave a SotO zone.

EDIT:  I actually can use it, but only via the Mastery Skill, which has a 180 Second (3 Minute) cooldown.  Legitimately confused on how this is supposed to work.

Edited by Tren.5120
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 10:50 PM, Zeno Iagara.8540 said:

So with the new daily system replacing the log-in bonus, they have locked Laurels, a currency, behind Astral Acclaim which is also a currency.  Seems daft.

So, simply from logging in, you get 5 AA. Do that for a month you get 150 AA. That should be plenty to get a bunch of laurels, if you choose to, from the Wizard's Vault shop.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1