They ruined the game

The whole expac is poor Imo. The having to "go kill ten rats" in-between story steps just to drag out the story is weak and kills the flow of the story. Not to mention there are really only 2 maps as the 3rd is just a city map. really not worth the money, Imo and has not really added anything "good" to the game just taken things away then then added them back and a new feature like it's some groundbreaking game mechanic. 

It feels to me the rushed out SotO. The enemy's are just reskins of existing mobs. counting a city as a map is just laughable(yes its a map, but its a map that nothing really happens on other than races.) so in reality we have 2 playable maps, that are beautiful as always, but the price tag for the expac was not worth it. and it feels like a living world update that I paid for.

Playing right now feels like a chore and unrewarding as I have to play the way ANet wants me to and do the things Anet wants me to. I can't just log in and play, because i  have a list of things I need to do now if I want to get things that i would just get by logging in.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

counting a city as a map is just laughable(yes its a map, but its a map that nothing really happens on other than races.) so in reality we have 2 playable maps

Except Anet doesn't count it as a "map" but always calls it an outpost. It was advertised there would be 2 maps on launch + one outpost, and one additional map via post-launch releases for SotO.

Edited by Sime.3681
  • Like 6

I feel that the "expansion" is just a reskin of older assets. Living world gave us maps like The Silverwastes and Domain of Kourna. These maps have repeatable, active content. I, personally, feel I won't return to SOTO maps once I clear the achievements. The rifts and boss events feel stale. The quests feel generic. The "newly" obtained skyscale diminished the original release of the mount. I feel that tying content into require a mount is poor choice. Weapon specialization was a great mechanic that forced trade off and compromise. Removing that also diminished the point of other content. With regards to the relic system, I just don't like it. I feel robbed of time and effort put into legendary runes. It would be different if every rune 6 perk was available at launch. On the plus side, I love the new daily login rewards system. More options would go a long way with only having to complete a list of 3 out of 9 or 12. The overall idea however, I like. 

This is just my opinions. I will not lie and say that I won't continue to support as we all know this is the best MMORPG hands down. I love Guild Wars 2. I love the community. Keep moving forward. 

-- Xio

PS. Give my druid back the Rune of the Trapper perk please. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't like this expansion, but I don't hate it either. To me it's just more of the same. I dislike the change to ruins. None of the relics have come close to replacing what was lost on the 6th rune.  I was peeved that, already having the skyscale,  I felt compelled to redo all the masteries and collection gathering. Then I took one look at the list of requirements for the "free" kryptis skyscale skin, and lost all interest in acquiring it.  Will I come back to it later? I don't find it all that attractive, so I don't know if I will. 

What I do like is being able to use updrafts and ley lines with my skyscale and griffon. I always thought that they should be able to use those things.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 7:34 PM, Ithlia.1830 said:

I don't like this expansion, but I don't hate it either. To me it's just more of the same. I dislike the change to ruins. None of the relics have come close to replacing what was lost on the 6th rune.  I was peeved that, already having the skyscale,  I felt compelled to redo all the masteries and collection gathering. Then I took one look at the list of requirements for the "free" kryptis skyscale skin, and lost all interest in acquiring it.  Will I come back to it later? I don't find it all that attractive, so I don't know if I will. 

What I do like is being able to use updrafts and ley lines with my skyscale and griffon. I always thought that they should be able to use those things.

Yeah, I've found no reason to stay on the new maps past 100% exploration. they are hollow and uninteresting. The story didn't even feel complete. Everything about the expansion feels rushed, more so than EoD. Cantha feels completely unexplored and they rushed us on to this one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, BrotherBelial.3094 said:

Yeah, I've found no reason to stay on the new maps past 100% exploration. they are hollow and uninteresting. The story didn't even feel complete. Everything about the expansion feels rushed, more so than EoD. Cantha feels completely unexplored and they rushed us on to this one.

Yeah you said it man!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 8:07 PM, Kaibamon.7206 said:

They removed daily login rewards which was a reason for many to login and surprisingly play a bit after only to replace it with a FOMO Battlepass! They removed much of the rune effects that were ok for a poor relic set. And they removed the reason for specializations since now everyone can use spec weapons.Not to mention the expansion itself is not even complete!. I have huuuge buyers remorse with this expansion. I loved my golemancy rune with my additional golem, why did they have to remove it? I regret buying this expansion and these new changes. anyone else feel the same?

Funny... this game is played for the story and exploration, not for daily login rewards or rune effects. I really don't care about things like that, the game is beautiful, entertaining and this is all what i need. Writing that they ruined the game because of such trivial things is COMPLETELY inappropriate, m.

"Weeeee .. they removed my rune .. omg .. game is ruined .. omg .." - really?

Edit. All what i care about is Gem Aura outfit again on gemstore until december :]

Edited by Mirror.3521
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I am going to rant, I don't care and sorry for my english.

My biggest issues is they remove WvW potion rewards. I am an addict when it comes to this game and WvW. It was my kryptonite up to the point that it broke my life. The potions save my life, literally. I used to play daily and have no life whatsoever outside this game. This was a nightmare for me. I stop playing WvW cold turkey when the potions got introduced and now it's gone. Now I have clogged up legendary weapons all ready to be made but missing gift of battle. I don't mind it takes forever to make one legendary weapon (I only get the 5 food from portable provisioner chest so I am never stepping into WvW ever again, that is how serious I am on not going back into that game mode).

Now, I am stuck. I cannot and will not go back to WvW and loosing my precious life over a game. Not everyone is hoarding potions like teapot and then kitten and moan about zero game content. Please bring the WvW potions back or atleast put some other way to get the gift of battle. The reason I bring teapot name here is because he admitted it was his idea to remove WvW potions in one of his twitch rant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A few notes about my experience with SotO:

• Baldur's Gate 3 came out a month ago but I still love playing it. This game has cast a big shadow on GW2 for me.
  • The story line is artificially inflated by having to chase rifts as part of the story line and is otherwise ok'ish. Some of it was good, some of it was bad and as expected the last boss fight was just annoying, so I was just going through the motions until it finally keeled over.
  • The rift hunting is just meh. I don't really want to do it, but it plays a major part of the expansion I guess but it's highly repetitive.
  • The new reward system is ok but takes getting used to. It doesn't really entice me to play. It suffers from "too much choice" and it's not as straightforward as the old daily system. I'm ok with it but what I'm saying is that I do understand why people would be against it. For me it's a neutral.
  • However, the biggest gripe I have is the maps themselves. The artificial blockages are just bizarre. There are building that should have many openings and/or doors and they just are closed and impenetrable. They focus so much on the new flight system that they felt that it was needed to create some artificial, non-sensical barriers. I just hate going around the last map especially because of that.
  • I also had 2 crashes where my graphics card had an error (ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti, at 1440p). This particular crash only happens in GW2 (the screen suddenly looks like 8-bit and my PC restarts automatically). All is fine after but it's been many years since I had this type of crash. So that doesn't help.
  • Even though they did their best to counter FOMO with their battlepass style expansion, I just feel pressured just the same and that essentially makes me stop caring because I just don't want to deal with it. The ironic thing is that because they come out with something new every 3 months, it feels like I have to be done with the current situation within 3 months and as such I don't feel free to do things at my own pace anymore. I know I can but it's just that feeling.

All in all, the expansion is sort of ok for me, but there are downsides that don't necessarily entice me to play. And after 207 hours in BG3, I still rather play that than GW2. It seems like this expansion with all of its new things just make me go "meh". I don't even care about getting the rewards it seems. I did the story line on one character. Will do the collection for the teleport pass to the wizard's tower next, so my other characters can have access and that will be a good time to take another break (I just came back from a 3 month break).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1