Relic Crafting is absurd

Let me start off by saying, I have 7 legendary runes and all 3 sets of legendary armor. I farmed and crafted them because I didn't want to deal with crafting/buying to theorycraft. This new relic system butchered my time investment with a promise to give me "compensation" in +6 months. This has screwed over not only the people who had LEGENDARY RUNES, but also those who had LEGENDARY ARMOR.

As it stands I'm forced to craft/buy relics that use very expensive materials (charms) not only for the relics themselves, but for the actual recipes?  It's over 200g to buy the combined recipes I had innate access to yesterday from my legendary runes. And that's just the recipes. Crafting the relics is another investment altogether, not to mention they're SOULBOUND, so i cant try them on different characters. The least you could do is make them ascended so we only have to buy ONE to try out on different characters until we decide we want X of each.

For the people who already invested in Legendary runes, this is a slap in the face; might as well not have done it and saved money for this absurd new system; at least the exotic runes could be pulled out of LEGENDARY ARMOR and swapped to another character. In this case, nope, its a relic, its in a different slot now that can't be swapped once slotted. Absolutely ridiculous.

As for this compensation, I hope Arenanet knows what compensation means:

com·pen·sa·tion
/ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: compensation
  1. something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

This "progress towards legendary relics" is reimbursement for something you took away from us. The compensation should be for the damages (money spent crafting these exotic relics) incurred during the time that we don't have the legendary relic reimbursement.
Edited by devastoscz.9851
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

I just finished crafting my legendary runes and while I don't really mind the CONCEPT of the relics, I agree that it really makes that investment (which was REALLY EXPENSIVE) a lot less valuable, and the recompense we've gotten so far... 3 soulbound exotics from a very limited set? sigh.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Yeah they really seem to love tacking everything onto elite or healing skills.  Try harder, ANet.

yeah im using the dragon hunter one, because i'm main DH, the rune didn't have any description about cooldown, but my shortest trap with the trait CD is 16 seconds(procession of blades), while the "effect" on enemy is 5s.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 1

The vague descriptions on relics don't help the situation either. Where is the detail on these relics? I am using the "Reaper" relic and all it says is "it adds chilled after using shout" with no numeric or descriptions of what effect the chilled does. Does it stun? Does it slow? What amount of defiance break? Does it add damage? Can i use the reaper relic on a warrior shout build? There's no information to make an educated decision.

At least with the Runes - all Runes can be used on ANY class and ANY build with some sort of effect.

To top it off i crafted 7 Legendary Runes because i liked playing with non-meta funky builds. To take away a critical component of our Legendary runes and replace it with these.... bad relics... which are gated behind masteries in order to unlock/craft all over again....

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pinkeh.4207 said:

The vague descriptions on relics don't help the situation either. Where is the detail on these relics? I am using the "Reaper" relic and all it says is "it adds chilled after using shout" with no numeric or descriptions of what effect the chilled does. Does it stun? Does it slow? What amount of defiance break? Does it add damage? Can i use the reaper relic on a warrior shout build? There's no information to make an educated decision.

At least with the Runes - all Runes can be used on ANY class and ANY build with some sort of effect.

To top it off i crafted 7 Legendary Runes because i liked playing with non-meta funky builds. To take away a critical component of our Legendary runes and replace it with these.... bad relics... which are gated behind masteries in order to unlock/craft all over again....

even for non-legendary, the runes was on average cheaper, the only ones expensive was few "meta runes"(like scholar) or too rare to obtain(torment runes).

• Like 1

Best way to save gold and effort is to just not play until the legendary relics become available.

But who knows if I'll still remember to check the game update notes and announcements at that point. Its been over a month since I've stopped logging in and playing, can't say I've missed the game any. Might be a good opportunity to just find something else time intensive to play and ditch GW2.

It was one thing to release EoD undercooked, its a completely different thing to break one of the big long-term goals in the game just to pretend an expansion was released.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Wow... I was initially hyped about this, even over Baldurs Gate 3 lol... Now its made me want to stay off GW2 for at least a year to see where this all lands! One of the things I praised about this game was that you get to choose your own adventure and that time investment meant something. To see how this is not treated over time is simply daunting and makes me not want to sink any more of my time into something that will simply get trashed and ask for my money to do it .... What the heck anet?

• Like 3

I have 18 characters and and 16 of them have 4 sets of armor. 

So the relic distribution is kitten. I have no doubt that they knew if these kind of situations but the don't give a kitten.

If they were going to screw us with relics they could have made them account bound at least. We can't even sell them either. 

Edited by Keefe.3821
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1