Guardian torch question

Alastor.3054

Shouldn't torch skills have reversed behavior? I mean, the 4 skill, you don't really care if it keeps burning, right? And also sometimes you close it by accident and lose DPS because the passive activates it randomly. While the 5 skill, sometimes you want to stop it because there is no target left, but you can't? Am I wrong? Should I Make a bug post for this?

Edited by Alastor.3054
  • Confused 5

On 8/23/2023 at 6:52 PM, Alastor.3054 said:

Shouldn't torch skills have reversed behavior? I mean, the 4 skill, you don't really care if it keeps burning, right? And also sometimes you close it by accident and lose DPS because the passive activates it randomly. While the 5 skill, sometimes you want to stop it because there is no target left, but you can't? Am I wrong? Should I Make a bug post for this?

you are supposed to press 4 2x to throw torch. trait refresh skill 4  on CRITICAL STRIKE. 

dunno why whoud you wana stop torch 5... just dont cast it or stow weapon 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:52 AM, Alastor.3054 said:

I mean, the 4 skill, you don't really care if it keeps burning, right?

Correct.

And also sometimes you close it by accident and lose DPS because the passive activates it randomly.

You dont lose dps on a passive trait that reactivates Torch#4 for free. Either it is up and you can use it, or it isn't. Either ways, it's a free AoE burn that you hardly need to think about.

While the 5 skill, sometimes you want to stop it because there is no target left, but you can't? Am I wrong? Should I Make a bug post for this?

It's been a minute since I used Torch#5 but I'm pretty sure you can cancel the animation when trying to use another skill. I recall using Torch#5 and casting Torch#4 in the middle of #5's animation.

Should I Make a bug post for this?

Torch is terrible in a lot of ways but I think that's a feature not a bug lol.

• 2 weeks later...