New Legendary Armor

No. If you want the armor for the skin, then you will get it for the skin. It's like saying I have the gen 1 leggy greatsword and want a discount on the gen 2 and gen 3.

I have all leggy armors and will be aiming to get all the new ones. So far, the costs seem quite reasonable and you have months to prepare for them since the costs are known now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Divity.3049 said:

I just post this as feedback. I hope Arenanet gives players who already own a set of armor a discount of some sort for the new one since we would just get them for the skins (which looks great)

Remember, that players with WvW and/or SPvP legendary sets did not get any discounts for Envoy armor.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Darkk.3018 said:

No. If you want the armor for the skin, then you will get it for the skin. It's like saying I have the gen 1 leggy greatsword and want a discount on the gen 2 and gen 3.

I have all leggy armors and will be aiming to get all the new ones. So far, the costs seem quite reasonable and you have months to prepare for them since the costs are known now. 

That is a bad reason because you gain something from getting another legendary weapon of the same kind since you can only equip it once per template, armor doesnt serve that purpose.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Remember, that players with WvW and/or SPvP legendary sets did not get any discounts for Envoy armor.

Because its a different gamemode, the new armor is PvE too while WvW is PvX and PvP is...well PvP. But even if you ignore that which you are welcome to do, just because it hasn't been done that way in the past, doesn't mean they shouldn't do it now! A Game evolves and there is nothing wrong with giving a discount for something purely asthetic. Open your mind a bit 🙂

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Divity.3049 said:

Because its a different gamemode, the new armor is PvE too while WvW is PvX and PvP is...well PvP. But even if you ignore that which you are welcome to do, just because it hasn't been done that way in the past, doesn't mean they shouldn't do it now! A Game evolves and there is nothing wrong with giving a discount for something purely asthetic. Open your mind a bit 🙂

All 3 armor sets are fully useable in PvE. In fact, SPvP armor is even pretty much useless in SPvP, because the gearing system there works completely differently. And any player that already has WvW and/or SPvP that is crafting envoy armor is also doing it for purely aestethic reasons. So, there's no difference. Either a discount for all cases of duplicate legendary armors of the same weight but from different sets, or no discount at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

All 3 armor sets are fully useable in PvE. In fact, SPvP armor is even pretty much useless in SPvP, because the gearing system there works completely differently. And any player that already has WvW and/or SPvP that is crafting envoy armor is also doing it for purely aestethic reasons. So, there's no difference. Either a discount for all cases of duplicate legendary armors of the same weight but from different sets, or no discount at all.

Im talking about where you get them, not where you use them

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Divity.3049 said:

Im talking about where you get them, not where you use them

And what does it change? That's just an argument about how some players do not deserve the discount you want for yourself for purely arbitrary reasons that completely coincidentally (of course) do not cover you.

Again, either a discount for everyone, equally, or no discount at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 3

I agree, there should be a discount for the new legendary armor for players that already have legendary armors. Especially for the WvW and PvP armor this would make sense and be fair. 
Or they should give the new skin to WvW and PvP legendary. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And what does it change? That's just an argument about how some players do not deserve the discount you want for yourself for purely arbitrary reasons that completely coincidentally (of course) do not cover you.

Again, either a discount for everyone, equally, or no discount at all.

Man you should really read before posting. I said its fine if we get a discount either way so your whole comment makes no sense at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

Well if ANet are going to give legendary rune holders a big discount towards the new relic why should they not give the same big discount to legendary armour holders towards the new set?

Sounds fair to me

It's not really the same thing though? Legendary rune holders had functionality (value) taken away from them and moved to the relic system; they're being compensated for that lost value. If you already have a legendary armor set you're not losing anything from a new set being introduced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1