A New Friend Achievement

Hi everyone! Just a quick question for those who already have the skyscale unlocked, is there a way to skip doing 'A New Friend' partially (or entirely)?

While I support them making skyscale more easily accessible, having to do all these collections for an achievement after already investing hours in the original acquisition method feels very redundant... and, well, sh***y.

I thought those of us who have it will instead have the skin collection to do, but I can't access that yet, so I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? Do you need to talk to an NPC?

Thanks for any insights in advance (the Wiki was not helpful)!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

The chiev is really easy. Just do it. You can skip the egg collection, but the skip is so expensive no sane person would use it.

I'm not having problem with doing this achievement, i have issue with it giving me essentially nothing. Locking out the Kryptis skin behind this collection isn't good idea at all.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 5:01 PM, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

You benefit from the masteries more after doing both collections. So not nothing.

You benefit from doing both mastery lines, not the collections. Only reason to do a new friend if you got Skyscale in PoF is if you want to unlock the skin collection.

Edited by Gibson.4036

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Rosenred.2910 said:

how long it took to find the egg?? i´m already search in "too much nest" and still nothing...

i cant not even start the achievement yet..

I think it's random for everyone. Some people got it in the first nest. I got mine by the fourth nest I found in the second map, Amnytas. You can only hit each nest once, as I understand it, so might be worth just going to each location to make sure you've seen every one (and aren't returning to nests hoping they respawn).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_New_Friend

• Thanks 1