Knowledge of the Elders Achievement Bugged/Uncompleteable if You Did The Burden of Choice Shadowstone Achievement [Merged]

It seems that if you did the Burden of Choice Shadowstone achievement questline from Season 3, it is impossible to complete the Knowledge of the Elders achievement. The NPC you need to speak to, Historian Tranton in the Durmand Priory, will only give you dialogue about the Shadowstone and will not progress the Knowledge achievement, as the dialogue for that will not appear.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks for flagging this, I let people know!

While on achievement discussion, I have another one that I would like to bring to your attention that is stuck, and it is related to the preorder bundle. Eagle Eye Weapon Collector, it will get stuck at 15/16 even if you have all 16 weapon skins. It does not register having the skin from the preorder if you consumed the item before the release of the expansion thus keeping it forever 15/16 while truly having all 16 skins.
Work arounds that I have tried, and it didn't work: consuming the weapon again, fresh install, logged in from another device, and it doesn't register it.

Using mine as an example in case it doesn't make sense above. With the preorder, I selected the 1h sword. The achievement tells me I am missing the 1h sword despite having it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DeathStorm.8423 said:

While on achievement discussion, I have another one that I would like to bring to your attention that is stuck, and it is related to the preorder bundle. Eagle Eye Weapon Collector, it will get stuck at 15/16 even if you have all 16 weapon skins. It does not register having the skin from the preorder if you consumed the item before the release of the expansion thus keeping it forever 15/16 while truly having all 16 skins.
Work arounds that I have tried, and it didn't work: consuming the weapon again, fresh install, logged in from another device, and it doesn't register it.

Using mine as an example in case it doesn't make sense above. With the preorder, I selected the 1h sword. The achievement tells me I am missing the 1h sword despite having it.

Already acknowledged:

Also this is for a separated issue.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thanks for flagging this, I let people know!

On a less important note, the hint for where the seeker artifact is located (one step before the step that is bugged) is wrong. It says to look around Isgarren's Office for the artifact, but it actually is in a room two floors below the office.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, FtoPScrub.5476 said:

I can't see how this is anything but a simple fix. Not sure why it would take so long.

Tell me you've never done anything in software development without telling me. Yeah it could be a simple fix, but it could also definitely not be one. It is likely also not the highest priority right now since it isn't game-breaking, and the number of people who have run through the achievements fast enough to be affected by it is likely still low. They have acknowledged it, I am sure they will get around to it in due time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Agrizan.1087 said:

Tell me you've never done anything in software development without telling me. Yeah it could be a simple fix, but it could also definitely not be one. It is likely also not the highest priority right now since it isn't game-breaking, and the number of people who have run through the achievements fast enough to be affected by it is likely still low. They have acknowledged it, I am sure they will get around to it in due time.

It's very obvious they simply forgot to add the option to complete the achievement for people who have done Burden of Choice, which is an extremely easy mistake to make, and should be an easy fix. Burden of choice is a several years old achievement and and can be easily overlooked by an overworked designer particularly if their documentation is not good. Yes, it is possible that there is more to the issue, but what's more likely? That some rewards designer using one of their internal tools forgot to add options to this dialogue tree or that there is a large unresolved bug with their dialogue/reward system that is only occurring now despite said system being used in the exact same manner multiple times over the course of a decade? Let's not pretend like this is some massive underlying issue, because they've made this mistake countless times in the past and have fixed it quickly nearly every time.

Edited by FtoPScrub.5476
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Agrizan.1087 said:

It is likely also not the highest priority right now since it isn't game-breaking, and the number of people who have run through the achievements fast enough to be affected by it is likely still low.

I am not going to repeat my explaination as to why this is a MUST FIX level issue, so here is a link to it from another thread. (Which should be merged at this point.)

For the TLDR:
It does affect more people than you think, and because there is a lack of spare achievement to complete a potential important task that will likely have an involvement later on (which I hope they won't forget this) as "Burden of Choice" was a 2016 achievement (so lots of opportunities (in 7 years) to have completed it).

You would expect they would check every angle when designing the collection. But welp here we are. In the end as long as they learn from that mistake and we get it fixed ASAP that's all good to me.

Edited by LoboRaptorLo.2603
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

I am not going to repeat my explaination as to why this is a MUST FIX level issue, so here is a link to it from another thread. (Which should be merged at this point.)

For the TLDR:
It does affect more people than you think, and because there is a lack of spare achievement to complete a potential important task that will likely have an involvement later on (which I hope they won't forget this) as "Burden of Choice" was a 2016 achievement (so lots of opportunities (in 7 years) to have completed it).

You would expect they would check every angle when designing the collection. But welp here we are. In the end as long as they learn from that mistake and we get it fixed ASAP that's all good to me.

I didn't say they didn't need to fix it, just that the number of people who have gotten to the point were they are affected by it is likely low right now. It will absolutely get larger, but the current number of people whose progression is blocks by this achievement is very likely currently lower than the number affected by other more problematic bugs that they are working on. They absolutely need to fix it, but it very rightfully may not be the highest priority issue right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Agrizan.1087 said:

I didn't say they didn't need to fix it, just that the number of people who have gotten to the point were they are affected by it is likely low right now. It will absolutely get larger, but the current number of people whose progression is blocks by this achievement is very likely currently lower than the number affected by other more problematic bugs that they are working on. They absolutely need to fix it, but it very rightfully may not be the highest priority issue right now.

That's fair, just wished they would be a bit more mindful about having a look at previous potential blockers when desigining that type of content in the future. Cause honestly that felt like a carrot on a stick. It's the second time I think in a month that we are awaiting the devs to address some clarification or fixes about an emote (the first being the Sip Coffee Emote thing).

But yeah hopefully a fix tomorrow.

Edited by LoboRaptorLo.2603
  • Confused 1