Fractal Push incentivize leeching

Fractal Push has to be one of the worst designed achievement.
It's outside a story instance, which is silly in the first place.

It requires you to have a specific story step active, then you must refrain from doing events that would fill the bar up in order to do the final event of the meta.
Should you participate and fill up the bar, you would have to redo the story to get back to that point. Except any event in the zone fill up the bar instead of only rift hunts.

This causes a lot of players to stay away from helping during the meta while other players scramble to try and meet the requirement for the meta.

This achievement should be doable at the same time as Gatherer of Essence and the story should require to do one of them or both to progress, the other becoming optional and still completable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Well, considering the length of the bar (an event barely fill 2-3% of the bar) and the fact you get it by doing the meta, you're actively pushed towards helping in the meta, actually. 

The only thing that is "meh" in this achievement is that you must refrain to collect essence, which must be done to help for the meta, except essence actually came from killing mob, so the key here to not leech is to focus on the killing to allow people to harvest essence massively.

Also, if you point is "people on the map aren't doing event then", I'll burst your bubble, people may also do exploration or literally any other achievements that doesn't require event instead of doing events, are those bad design too? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I am giving ANet the benefit of the doubt here. It is probably not designed to not register Fractal Push when the Essence bar is full and not getting it with the full bar is a bug.
I am in the same boat. I have all achievements from Act 1-3 done except the Fractal Push and must now manoeuvre  myself to participate in the meta without getting the bar filled. Should be fixed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, considering the length of the bar (an event barely fill 2-3% of the bar) and the fact you get it by doing the meta, you're actively pushed towards helping in the meta, actually. 

You can easily fill the bar during the meta before it's finished. It's not just the events themselves that fill the bar. Each kill, each orb caught, etc, all those also push it along.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can easily fill the bar during the meta before it's finished. It's not just the events themselves that fill the bar. Each kill, each orb caught, etc, all those also push it along.

Yeah, I know, read the rest of my post, I addressed the problem. 

Kill don't count, the only things that count is event completion and essence gathering.

I did the whole meta on my reaper, focusing on killing mob to help spawning essence (didn't had my arcdps setup, but using snowcrow build with proper rotation, so I was probably pumping a bit with a lot of cleave :p)

End up the meta at less than 25% of the bar (I did gather a few essence here and there)

it's perfectly doable without leeching 🙂