is skyscale medicine masker bugged?

Normally I have auto-loot turned on and I would also see the chest appear and vanish.  I turned auto-loot completely off.  Kill a Jungle Wurm and a Steel Chest spawns.  Open the chest and it contains Tasty Wurm Segment (and possibly other items).  Collect the items in the chest and whatever was there shows up in inventory but no Tasty Wurm Segment and the counter for Skyscale Medicine Masker does not increment.  So the chest apparently has the wurm meat, it just doesn't apply to your character as having collected it.  So far every chest has had the Tasty Wurm Segment, occasionally other items as well but always that one item is in it.  But we can't collect it, it looks like we collected it but it doesn't do anything for the achievement.

• Thanks 3

The Great Jungle worm boss is the only wurm that has given me any of the required meat pieces.   I gave up killing any other wurms as it was just a waste of time.   I figured this was designed just to be a time-gate and only the boss worms (triple trouble ones as well)  were the ones who dropped it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

The Great Jungle worm boss is the only wurm that has given me any of the required meat pieces.   I gave up killing any other wurms as it was just a waste of time.   I figured this was designed just to be a time-gate and only the boss worms (triple trouble ones as well)  were the ones who dropped it.

If that were the case then I wouldn't be seeing drops from the normal Jungle Wurms.  The normal wurms drop a chest, the chest contains a Tasty Wurm Segment that has an icon like a steak.  If only the boss and the champs during Triple Trouble were supposed to count the achievement should have specified as such instead of saying the higher level wurms will drop more items.  This is broken, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Night Winde.2693 said:

If that were the case then I wouldn't be seeing drops from the normal Jungle Wurms.  The normal wurms drop a chest, the chest contains a Tasty Wurm Segment that has an icon like a steak.  If only the boss and the champs during Triple Trouble were supposed to count the achievement should have specified as such instead of saying the higher level wurms will drop more items.  This is broken, it's as simple as that.

You’re mistaken as I’m killed 50+ wurms just to see that they do not progress the achievement. Only champions and the world boss do. 

Edit: re-read your earlier post so ignore 

Edited by enigmatic.3576

17 hours ago, disForm.2837 said:

Weird, pretty sure I did it a couple days ago with a veteran. All my "kill something" went very fast except oozes, had to kill dozens before getting it.

It's not the "kill wurms" part of the skyscale achieve we're talking about here. That one indeed works fine. What does not work fine is the wurms part of skyscale skin achievement - you are supposed to get 250 drops of Tasty Wurm Segments, with normal wurms giving 1 and champs and Great Jungle Wurm giving more. Unfortunately, something went wrong and only drops from Champion and Legendary wurms qualify for the achievement - normal wurms give nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Also happening with my friend and I. Only Legendary Wurms count (Triple Trouble etc). If it get's fixed soon, would recommend going into Twilight Arbour Dungeon (Explorable) and farm the section which is 1 min or so in with the Wurms as they're all champs. 

**EDIT**

Don't bother doing PoF Leggy Bounty Wurms, just tried it and it does not work. Only one I know that works in the Great Wurm in Caledon Forest. 

Edited by MoonBearBush.5713
  • Like 1

Frostmaw in Lornar's pass works so does the champ wurm under Durmand Priory.  I got 250 in one late night of camping Frostmaw.  It took me a little over 4 hours but you can sit around that long waiting for Triple Trouble to start with no guarantee there will be enough people for the event to last more than 15 minutes before failing.  It might have taken 4 or 5 hours of map hopping and repetitive killing of normal wurms to do the same but that would have been preferable to killing a champ, wait 8 to 10 minutes for it to respawn, kill it again, etc. over and over.  I suspect even at 1 Tasty Wurm Segment per wurm that would have still been faster than camping Frostmaw and based on the chests is how it should be working.

We should not have to do this when many of us have verified that the Tasty Wurm Segment drops from not only Jungle Wurms but Ice Wurms as well it just does not give us credit for the drop.  You can see it in the chest if you turn auto-loot off.  Some people can't necessarily be on when Triple Trouble is taking place, specifically when it is taking place on a map with enough people that know what they are doing so it succeeds, and some people simply to not want to do Triple Trouble to begin with when the collection description does not explicitly require it.  This isn't the first time Anet has screwed up credit for a collection not triggering properly and I doubt it will be the last but at least there are some alternatives that work.  However, just because there are ways of still getting it done doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

Considering it took less than an hour for me to go through the Greater Arcane Chests and Minor Arcane Chests to get 1000 Arcane Osmogrifier Fragments the "oh it's meant to take some time" excuses don't fly. 

Edited by Night Winde.2693
fix typo
  • Like 1

I completed this by going through the Great Jungle Wurm once and then the following wurms on a repeated cycle: Frostmaw, the Champion Ice Wurm under the Durmand Priory, and the Giant Undersea Ice Wurm. I tried to find a few other champion wurms, but they were never up as I hopped into their maps. It took less than two hours, otherwise I would have gone for the Great Jungle Wurm again.

Edited by Shining One.1635
Incorrect wurm linked.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2023 at 5:29 PM, Night Winde.2693 said:

Normally I have auto-loot turned on and I would also see the chest appear and vanish.  I turned auto-loot completely off.  Kill a Jungle Wurm and a Steel Chest spawns.  Open the chest and it contains Tasty Wurm Segment (and possibly other items).  Collect the items in the chest and whatever was there shows up in inventory but no Tasty Wurm Segment and the counter for Skyscale Medicine Masker does not increment.  So the chest apparently has the wurm meat, it just doesn't apply to your character as having collected it.  So far every chest has had the Tasty Wurm Segment, occasionally other items as well but always that one item is in it.  But we can't collect it, it looks like we collected it but it doesn't do anything for the achievement.

What I noticed is that the normal wurms drop a blue Tasty Segment and the Champs drop a green one, only green ones count so far.

• Thanks 1