A vip pass less crowded than Mistlock Sanctuary?

29 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

That one is a no go. You can't travel back to your previous map.

Or did they change that recently?

I only use that to get a char to the desert without doing the story. Otherwise it was my waste of money when buying the deluxe ed of PoF. Didn't know it better before, I regret it. 😔

Check your Wiki question. 

I bought the Mistlock Sanctuary as well and quickly realized the same, years ago. My current solution is Rata Sum Portal Scroll.

The architecture is imo very optimized and convenient. I know some people get lost in there quickly, but it isn't that complicated. There are even colors for the different areas.

How to deal with:
- instanced lounge to return quickly = guildhall, preferably the one in my signature
- PoF access = guildhall
- HoT access = guildhall
- EoD access = guildhall & Arbor Stone portal scroll
- SotO access = Wizard's Tower portal scroll/stone

My portal scrolls are in the shared inventory slots, so I can move wherever I want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Loads longer for me than Bastion does most times. But I bought the pavilion one just recently while I've been using the Bastion one for 2 years.

But how often do you need a world map? If you have the Bastion one you are a wvw player.

Annoying about Bastion is that you can't travel to a wvw wp. Esp. when someone pings an ewp. You see it in the chat and know that you won't make it, won't be able to help even if you have the time. That is such a let down for me.

I have it, and I mostly just play WvW when I need a gift of battle

It would be nice QoL if they could add an option to use world map, also to WvW map in general.
Armistice has teleport device (instantly go from crafting station to trading post etc. It has training dummies. One could also purchase for the scenary or for casual PvP with friends.

Only selling point isn't WvW, allthough yes, majority will buy it for this reason

And also not 100% of WvW players play only WvW.

It would be nice QoL for most WvW players as well to be able to enter the world map easily from armistice

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

It would be nice QoL for most WvW players as well to be able to enter the world map easily from armistice

Well you can port to any major city and some other locations. And then go from there.

Pavilion only has the extra port spots because of fishing.

Edited by Lucy.3728

38 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Well you can port to any major city and some other locations. And then go from there.

Pavilion only has the extra port spots because of fishing.

You can also not pick up a VIP pass and just use cities

It's all about convenience

It's doable to port somewhere else when you want to use the world map, but it's inconvenient. 

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just use the WvW menu to enter WvW maps from Armistice. The advantage of going there first is I can see the maps and team chat to help decide where I want to go.

Although I mainly got the pass because I like the layout and style of the map, being able to access all the WvW vendors without my participation ticking down and because at the time it was one of the few where you could go back to where you were previously. So the free 2 week pass in the warclaw skin reward track was good marketing, without that I probably wouldn't have discovered I like it and decided to buy the permanent pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 3:56 PM, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Seconding Armistice Bastion. Not a lot of people usually on that map, and it's very compact. Just uncheck Team chat in your chat tab. 😂

Why, though? you don't wanna know when Hotteee sleep Bay?
Seriously though it's a good one especially if you like WvW plus it comes with its own JP if you enjoy those as well =P

• Haha 1