Dailies/Weeklies for dead content isn't the way to reanimate it. Fix it first!

Dayra.7405

On 9/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, costepj.5120 said:

But if everyone has those daily objectives, then surely you'll get your wish and a horde of players will descend on EotM; thus making it "attractive to play there"? I know I completed the OS JP for the first time when it was a weekly, because my guild make a sojourn into the map for that purpose.

The problem with this is that you loose Reward Track Participation when you enter EotM (or OS, for that matter) regardless of how many people are there. I had OS as a weekly during release week, because I chose PvE and WvW dailies. I switched to only PvE dailies after that because I want to enter WvW with full Participation and not have to build it up again. I didn't know EotM was also included in WvW dailies now, but now that I know it makes me even more convinced to stick to PvE only dailies. I wouldn't have minded if EotM kept Participation of WvW maps active. I have a feeling the population in that map might change quite a bit if they added WvW's Participation. Or perhaps turn it into a WvW map as a 3rd Borderland, so each server has a different map. I've had a peek there a few times in the past few months and right now it is quite dead at all times, it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I wouldn't have minded if EotM kept Participation of WvW maps active. I have a feeling the population in that map might change quite a bit if they added WvW's Participation. Or perhaps turn it into a WvW map as a 3rd Borderland, so each server has a different map.

If this is the case, RIP living world season 1, specifically the part that sends you to EoTM to fetch Taimi's golem part, as an achievement XD

4 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

The problem with this is that you loose Reward Track Participation when you enter EotM

Someone who spends more time in EotM will likely come along and contradict me, but I think it is a separate map with its own participation tracker. Whenever I pop in there to visit a vendor it tells me I have 0 participation; when I next visit the borderlands I'm back to T6.
OS does run down your participation and even killing enemies in there doesn't reset it in my experience.

7 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Someone who spends more time in EotM will likely come along and contradict me, but I think it is a separate map with its own participation tracker. Whenever I pop in there to visit a vendor it tells me I have 0 participation; when I next visit the borderlands I'm back to T6.
OS does run down your participation and even killing enemies in there doesn't reset it in my experience.

It does have a separate participation track. But for some reason, when I did the Living World story where you need to find Taimi's golem in EotM, it depleted my WvW participation (I don't ever do anything in EotM so it wasn't EotM participation that got depleted).