Dailies/Weeklies for dead content isn't the way to reanimate it. Fix it first!

Dayra.7405

With the new dailie/weekly system ANet seems to try reanimating dead content. Unfortunately it is dead for a reason, e.g. broken. Just forcing player into broken content doesn't reanimate it, it only anoys people.

1. activities: You are placed into races, where the first already won, you have to do Crab Toss without beeing able to grab the crab. There is a reason why this isn't played. Fix it before forcing player into it.
  2. Concquer 5 objectives in EotM: Since normal WvW got PIPS and EotM didn't, it's dead. Why did you force us into an abandoned game mode that hasn’t got updates the last years (no pips, no gliding, no mount, ...). make it attractive to play there, then put dailyies/weeklies there. Hopefully concquer is the only one there, as it would be doable even on a dead map. But if defend 5 eotm objectivs or kill 3 enemies in eotm are also part of the possible tasks it would become ugly.
  3. Defense in WvW: First you break it by removing repair as a way to obtain it, then you add it to wvw-weeklies and Wizard's Vault dailies and weeklies? What's the meaning of that. Killing an enemy inside the walls isn't the only way to defend something. Fix it, by making it obtainable with adequate defensive actions, but don't add it everywhere, if you aren't able to do that.
  4. ....
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Dayra.7405 said:

But if defend 5 eotm objectivs or kill 3 enemies in eotm are also part of the possible tasks it would become ugly.

But if everyone has those daily objectives, then surely you'll get your wish and a horde of players will descend on EotM; thus making it "attractive to play there"? I know I completed the OS JP for the first time when it was a weekly, because my guild make a sojourn into the map for that purpose.

1 hour ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Defense in WvW: First you break it by removing repair as a way to obtain it

I understand why they did that but I agree defence is now something of a lottery. You can spend 15 minutes defending a keep, but if you don't manage to kill the right enemy player you don't get any credit. Tower defence is the worst.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I always seem to have the same objectives as many others. There are some splits depending on what mix you select, but I usually have the same as other people who selected PvE/WvW. I do have the weekly EotM one; my plan is to persuade some guildies to head there at some point when it doesn't interfere with our primary WvW raids. If no-one is interested it's not a big deal; I have seven other easy ones to do.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

To pull up point 1. Crab toss wasn’t broken until it was in the dailies. They couldn’t fix it beforehand because it was never broken. The reason it wasn’t played was it’s just not popular content and I doubt most people knew it existed 

Hm, I played it some times when it was new, 10 years ago 🙂

But then I wasn't there since now the dailies forced me there already twice, both times no one could grab the crab.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Hm, I played it some times when it was new, 10 years ago 🙂

But then I wasn't there since now the dailies forced me there already twice, both times no one could grab the crab.

I’ve played it on/off over the years semi regularly. Never encountered the bug. It’s prob a rare one that’s been reactivated by the latest patch, but it wasn’t inherent before the daily

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

The time where everyone has the same objectives seem to be over.

This isn't quite true. Everyone with the same expansions unlocked and the same choices of dailies gets the same dailies and weeklies. 

Source: My wife and I both have 18 accounts.  2 of those accounts have every expansion.  Those accounts, my two and her two, all get the same.

6 other accounts have EOD, but not SoTo.  They all get the same dalies and weeklies, hers and mine.

The rest of the accounts have neither EOD or Soto, and those accounts get the same dailies and weeklies, hers and mine.

Same with everyone else in the same boat in my guild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

This isn't quite true. Everyone with the same expansions unlocked and the same choices of dailies gets the same dailies and weeklies. 

ok, wasn't able to verify this, but it's still quite a fragmentation possible:

4 expansions you can have or not>: 2^4= 16

3 choices (PvE, WvW, PvP) you can have or not: 2^3 = 8

16*8 = 128 different groups of dailies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

With the new dailie/weekly system ANet seems to try reanimating dead content. Unfortunately it is dead for a reason, e.g. broken. Just forcing player into broken content doesn't reanimate it, it only anoys people.

1. activities: You are placed into races, where the first already won, you have to do Crab Toss without beeing able to grab the crab. There is a reason why this isn't played. Fix it before forcing player into it.
  2. Concquer 5 objectives in EotM: Since normal WvW got PIPS and EotM didn't, it's dead. Why did you force us into an abandoned game mode that hasn’t got updates the last years. make it attractive to play there, then put dailyies/weeklies there. Hopefully concquer is the only one there, as it would be doable even on a dead map. But if defend 5 eotm objectivs or kill 3 enemies in eotm are also part of the possible tasks it would become ugly.
  3. Defense in WvW: First you break it by removing repair as a way to obtain it, then you add it to wvw-weeklies and Wizard's Vault dailies and weeklies? What's the meaning of that. Killing an enemy inside the walls isn't the only way to defend something. Fix it, by making it obtainable with adequate defensive actions, but don't add it everywhere, if you aren't able to do that.
  4. ....

to me it looks like they want players to put less focus on the in-game store and more on the new upcoming expansions. thats why players get more rewards now and some objectives even require the new expansion.

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

To pull up point 1. Crab toss wasn’t broken until it was in the dailies. They couldn’t fix it beforehand because it was never broken. The reason it wasn’t played was it’s just not popular content and I doubt most people knew it existed 

It overlapped a lot with the "Daily Activity" though. It felt like over half the time, when doing an activity was a daily, it was a Crab Toss day.

It never bugged out in my instances though.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

ok, wasn't able to verify this, but it's still quite a fragmentation possible:

4 expansions you can have or not>: 2^4= 16

3 choices (PvE, WvW, PvP) you can have or not: 2^3 = 8

16*8 = 128 different groups of dailies.

Math or not, I'm absolutely convinced that's how it works. It's entirely possible that the pool fo dailies is smaller than we think, considering how much repetition there has been.

8 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Source: My wife and I both have 18 accounts.  2 of those accounts have every expansion.  Those accounts, my two and her two, all get the same.

6 other accounts have EOD, but not SoTo.  They all get the same dalies and weeklies, hers and mine.

The rest of the accounts have neither EOD or Soto, and those accounts get the same dailies and weeklies, hers and mine.

Same with everyone else in the same boat in my guild.

As far as I know that's how it worked with the dailies before aswell, there was a lower amount of variance, but you had a different pool of dailies based on the owned expacs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alester.7063 said:

As far as I know that's how it worked with the dailies before aswell, there was a lower amount of variance, but you had a different pool of dailies based on the owned expacs. 

The difference now is that you also have the extra variance of picking whether you only want PvE, or PvP, or WvW.  It's sort of like they combined the old dalies and guild missions. Still plenty of people at each objective.

• Like 1

The content is worthless because its only for fun. There is no LOOT!!! But how long do ppl actually enjoy content (playing only for the amazing battle without a reward) i think the fun is gone when all collections for it are done. When i first did tequatl it was amazing (and still is i think, but i only did high lvl bosses when i still played) shatterer 2.0 is amazing for 10 kills maybe. But thats it. If no single meta has a (Real) reward. Why should you spend 8 hours a day on meta’s for nothing. To roleplay your awesome character only? This is my opinion. They should at least put loot on those meta’s. Maybe the old existing bl chest rewards if they dont want to create new ones. Or maybe novelty’s. 

maybe they should add precursors from that xpack on loot table. Even when gen2 is account bound. Everyone likes a precursor. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

That's true in PvE. WvW however is different - here your choice of dailies and weeklies is dependant on which guild you represented on first login in day/week. So, in context of Edge of the Mists weekly, it is completely true - not everyone will get it.

21 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Actually, first informations about Crab Toss being broken appeared on SotO launch day (or day after, i am not sure), which was before it appeared in daily.

• Confused 4

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's true in PvE. WvW however is different - here your choice of dailies and weeklies is dependant on which guild you represented on first login in day/week. So, in context of Edge of the Mists weekly, it is completely true - not everyone will get it.

Actually, first informations about Crab Toss being broken appeared on SotO launch day (or day after, i am not sure), which was before it appeared in daily.

When I said reactivated by the latest patch,I meant the expansion release patch. That seems to have triggered all these bugs appearing (except Valdhertz which was always broken)

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

When I said reactivated by the latest patch,I meant the expansion release patch. That seems to have triggered all these bugs appearing (except Valdhertz which was always broken)

You said "before it was in the dailies". We knew it was broken at least a week before. And both WvW defence events and Valdhertz are a much older issue. In case of Crab Toss they had time to remove it from daily list before it appeared (although in this case it is at least still completable, even in its broken state). In case of WvW defence and Valdhertz, they had enough prior knowledge to make sure they never even went on that list.

Except, as we have seen countless times before, apparently different dev teams do not speak with each other horizontal flow of information is nonexistant, and likely there's no "current game issues/lessons learned so far" base of knowledge they could access (see using Orr defence events  - again - for some SotO achievements).

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You said "before it was in the dailies". We knew it was broken at least a week before. And both WvW defence events and Valdhertz are a much older issue. In case of Crab Toss they had time to remove it from daily list before it appeared (although in this case it is at least still completable, even in its broken state). In case of WvW defence and Valdhertz, they had enough prior knowledge to make sure they never even went on that list.

Except, as we have seen countless times before, apparently different dev teams do not speak with each other horizontal flow of information is nonexistant, and likely there's no "current game issues/lessons learned so far" base of knowledge they could access (see using Orr defence events  - again - for some SotO achievements).

Correct. It wasn’t in the dailies specifically until the expansion patch added it into the rotation even if it wasn’t showing yet. It broke then.

Silly semantics aside, I don’t disagree with your points. It’s not just teams not speaking to each other, it’s clear information isn’t flowing to new members at all. Many of the mistakes are old lessons they learned and are making all over again. Constantly using Orr without fixing it first is one example. The entirety of Gyala involved ignoring feedback

I do wonder if they even knew what was in the daily list though or whether the system automatically assigned a list and they just didn’t check it. Or test it. Valdhertz at the very least had no excuse for being there given it was always bugged. That would suggest it wasn’t manually added, but picked up automatically somehow.

This is why I’ve said in other threads they need to prioritise better internal communication, better learning and better capturing of feedback. Committing to yearly content is great, but not fixing problems and going one step forward, two steps back is becoming too much of a trend

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

The content is worthless because its only for fun. There is no LOOT!!! But how long do ppl actually enjoy content (playing only for the amazing battle without a reward) i think the fun is gone when all collections for it are done. When i first did tequatl it was amazing (and still is i think, but i only did high lvl bosses when i still played) shatterer 2.0 is amazing for 10 kills maybe. But thats it. If no single meta has a (Real) reward. Why should you spend 8 hours a day on meta’s for nothing. To roleplay your awesome character only? This is my opinion. They should at least put loot on those meta’s. Maybe the old existing bl chest rewards if they dont want to create new ones. Or maybe novelty’s. 

maybe they should add precursors from that xpack on loot table. Even when gen2 is account bound. Everyone likes a precursor. 

Any content that drops exotic level items can drop a precursor, and anything that drops ascended (ie, empyreal material) can drop ascended gear. So your "no loot" argument isn't accurate.

My few precursor drops have come from low level chests, and a green unid. My first exotic came from the chest in the cave at the lake in the charr starter zone. My first ascended gear came from killing a drake while waiting for the Wurm boss.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Any content that drops exotic level items can drop a precursor, and anything that drops ascended (ie, empyreal material) can drop ascended gear. So your "no loot" argument isn't accurate.

My few precursor drops have come from low level chests, and a green unid. My first exotic came from the chest in the cave at the lake in the charr starter zone. My first ascended gear came from killing a drake while waiting for the Wurm boss.

This is the reason guildwars 2 only has a shop. Where you can BUY skins and nearly no skins dropped. Most of the players just accept that they get nothing for their effort besides a few silver and bags with junk. And spend hundreds of dollars/euros in gems. Precursors are a very low droprate. And many aren’t worth much anymore. Guildwars 2 players dont care about microtransactions. I never looted an ascended chest in open world except tequatl because thats on his loot table. Exotics were nice long ago. Now they are not real loot imo. Because ancended gear is cheap to craft. With real loot  i mean an nice skin what you would use on xmog. 

maybe my loot thing is not accurate. Pinata CAN drop an infusion. Sure can. I once met someone there he did pinata since release for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT daily. And never looted the infusion. Ofc it CAN drop. But these droprates are pure frustration. Yes the pinata CAN drop loot. But the drop is so low. Actually for MOST players he drops junk loot. Maybe pinata isnt an good example because its trade contracts. But instead lets say treasure mushroom. The only thing i ever got from it was the novelty. Further always junk. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

This is the reason guildwars 2 only has a shop.

What does that even mean? GW2 is buy to play, so the Gem shop is how they keep the game alive.

21 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Where you can BUY skins and nearly no skins dropped.

I'm too lazy to look it up again, but far more skins are available in game than in the gem store. Sure, many of the skins you might choose to use are in the store, but all of that is a preference. Skins come from loot, crafting, achievements, mystic forging, and specific content like dungeons, wvw, pvp, or fractals. Not to mention the legendaries. Skins are out there, but might not be handed to you, a little effort may be required to get them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4