The logic of asking previous bosses KPs.

Zaraki.5784

@Zlater.6789 said:Like @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said, "any metric is better than no metric." Just play the LI game, if you don't want to don't whine about it, just make your own squad and set your own rules lol.

That is the key point in the entire discussion.Pugs are already risky enough and so you have to try to reduce the risk Level as much as possible. Sure a new Player might be as good or better than one, who has 250li/Kps/etc., but the chance of the more experienced Player being better is higher. It is that simple.Also on a sidenote, it is not hard to acquire LI nowadays since tactics are out for every boss and it is simple to farm them up over time, it is something different to dive into a new raid with much knowledge and no fixed meta tactis. Therefore asking for KP of said new Raid means the guy put in a decent amount of time and is able to deal with the frustration of dieng a lot.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zunki.3916 said:This makes no sense at all. OP is talking about needing KP B1 for B2 in the new wing. If he would not be dedicated into prog runs, he would never ever run W5 in the first week...And yet he has no KP for the first boss. If he was really dedicated, he wouldn't skip the hard part to do the events behind it.

Why not? Maybe he want to try different parts of the new wing, I kinda feel that way too, after struggling to beat boss 1 many times without success it's just normal to move on and try different encounters.Most probably trying was not what that group had in mind. What they wanted was likely to go in to learn the encounters and devise strategies for them. And, thus, they wanted to go with people that had similar mindsets. Not tourists.What they wanted was people that would keep trying till they succeed, not someone that at some point will say "too many fails, let's move to a different boss". OP was not the person they wanted. It's as simple as that.

Also, as Zenith mentioned above - i wouldn't even dream of trying w5 now without a static. At this moment there are two kind of people there. First group is really, really serious about succeeding (and finding their own way to do so). Second group just wants to have fun seeing a new boss and wiping few times on it. Those two groups do not mix.

@Zlater.6789 said:

@Raguel.9402 said:By that logic I could be a pro raider with 200li just because i’ve cleared W1 over and over.

Well at least we wont have to worry about your dps being trash.

I usualy care more about people not dying to mechanics then doing 50k dps. We easily clear all bosses, only have hicups when our guildies decide to tunnel on Xera and forget shards exist xD

@Raguel.9402 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:

@Raguel.9402 said:By that logic I could be a pro raider with 200li just because i’ve cleared W1 over and over.

I usualy care more about people not dying to mechanics then doing 50k dps. We easily clear all bosses, only have hicups when our guildies decide to tunnel on Xera and forget shards exist xD

That's not a reasonable thing to say.

The entire basis of a healer to exist in gw2 is because it is a dps increase over no healer, you don't understand your role. Keeping people alive and godly dps aren't different things, they are exactly the same thing, you need to be doing both of them at the same time. There is actually 0 difference between them because that is literally the definition of min/max. The minimum healing required to comfortably do the maximum possible dps.

@GWMO.4785 said:You need experience to gain experience... or... kill proof in this case. best logic right there

No, you just need to join the correct group for you. No one, and i mean Nobody, Group, Guild or otherwise not mentioned entities is required to take you to do anything.

If you want to raid, then you should seek out the proper starting place for you. (HINT ITS ALMOST NEVER LFG)There's plenty of guilds doing training runs, progression etc... that are willing to take people who are fresh and show a willingness to commit themselves to raiding.

@Zlater.6789 said:

@Raguel.9402 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:

That's not a reasonable thing to say.

The entire basis of a healer to exist in gw2 is because it is a dps increase over no healer, you don't understand your role. Keeping people alive and godly dps aren't different things, they are exactly the same thing, you need to be doing both of them at the same time. There is actually 0 difference between them because that is literally the definition of min/max. The minimum healing required to comfortably do the maximum possible dps.

How on earth did you come up with the idea that I play a healing spec? xD

The topic was about kp/li etc.

Archived