Does intelligence sigil take precedence over weakness condition

youle.5824

Original post below, before someone told me that it is actually not the case probably @-@ .... So just take it as me now asking if indeed the sigil is affected for sure by weakness.

Basically I am just wondering if it makes sense that intelligence sigil is not affected at all by weakness since weakness is supposed to be for some spec their main defense vs power burst, now there is already plenty of the 'resistance' boon in the game making weakness useless vs it, but should intelligence sigil also be able to ignore it ? I have no position yet by the way, just curious what others think.

Here is a 10 seconds small clip of me blasting a poison field to put weakness before a burst to mitigate it , then I took 12k dmg from 2 hits because of intelligence sigil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJ-w3ya8lA

PS: this is not another thread about soulbeast dmg so pls keep it related to the topic ^^

Edited by youle.5824

Just now, youle.5824 said:

oh rly ? Tbh I am not sure but as I remember weakness's 50% was always wrong/buggy and actually denied almost every crit, so when i got hit by 3 crit in a row in that clip while he had weakness I assumed that it ignored weakness.

that hasn't been my experience, but to my knowledge only resistance negates this to date.
It's definitely possible to roll trash and glance on everything, just as much as it is for it to do nothing but sap your endurance.

It says exactly this: Weakness is a condition that decreases the rate of endurance regeneration and turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage that cannot be critical). 

The 50% damage and no crit only happens if the RNG rolls the attack as glancing when the weakness is applied. So it is possible that a person just gets lucky and doesn't roll glancing even though you've applied weakness to them.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Confused 1

• youle.5824 changed the title to Does intelligence sigil take precedence over weakness condition
Just now, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It says exactly this: Weakness is a condition that decreases the rate of endurance regeneration and turns half of all hits into glancing blows (that deal 50% less damage that cannot be critical). 

So it seems possible that a person could just get good RNG and not roll the bad side of the 50% and not get glancing blows, even though you have weakness applied.

I knew the tooltip but if you test it you can easily see that you get less than 20% crits after getting weakness on even with high crit chance, that's nothing new. Hence why I assumed the 3 crits here were from sigil and not insane rng.

• Like 1

intelligence overrides conditions that reduce crits, just test it in combat in a private room with a pal. weakness wont save you if someone has this sigil, but blind might. also, skills that cannot crit will consume charges on this sigil. for example, mug on steal. also, dont be a doofus and run daredevil relic? while using this, because it will remove the effect.

Edited by magickthief.6492

11 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

oh rly ? Tbh I am not sure but as I remember weakness's 50% was always wrong/buggy and actually denied almost every crit, so when i got hit by 3 crit in a row in that clip while he had weakness I assumed that it ignored weakness.

Super small sample size. 3 non glancing hits in a row under weakness is 1/8 chance which is not terribly improbable.

• Thanks 1