Problem with client after today's patch

• ArenaNet Staff
10 minutes ago, MickeyMouse.3590 said:

Same problem here 

After downloading the patch,  I cannot log on character screen ( it was working fine an hour ago)

They obviously broke something

@MickeyMouse.3590, have you checked on any third party programs?  As noted in the post I linked below: "the game may not launch or work properly after we release a new build if you use a third-party program, due to possible incompatibilities. " 

• Thanks 1

Same problem here, repairing, deleting cache, updating drivers and getting a clean gw2 exe and deleting the addon folder all did not help.

Curiously, if I try to start with arc dps, I get into character selection and loading screen, following a crash.

Without arc dps, the Launcher won't even start the game and runs into a serious problem.

Edited by Deltt.9620
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TonySu.7942 said:

I have no add ons at all, and still it’s crashing on me as soon as the character loads unto the map. This is right after downloading the newest patch.

I can't even get this far. I crash while still on the loading screen. Completely reinstalled the game, but no dice. There's no crash log or error message either, which is very confusing.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cross.6437 said:

I can't even get this far. I crash while still on the loading screen. Completely reinstalled the game, but no dice. There's no crash log or error message either, which is very confusing.

Hello friend! Do you have any luck? I have contacted support and did several things suggested but still can’t play the game 😂

11 hours ago, TonySu.7942 said:

Hello friend! Do you have any luck? I have contacted support and did several things suggested but still can’t play the game 😂

Your issue sounds different from what the OP's issue was.

Did support have you try to wipe the gw2cache and Local.dat files yet?  They also might have you try to run the game in one of Windows' safe modes.

You can try launching the game with the -log command line and reading the %APPDATA%\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.log file for any clues as to what it could be.

Edited by Chaba.5410