Now that ascended items are easily available through Wizard's Vault

Nabbut.7480

The counter arguments in this topic are 🤣.

You can sell Gen 1 and Gen 3 legendary items on the TP.

You can sell infusions on the TP (both agony and cosmetic).

You can sell stabilizing matrices on the TP.  

You can get Ascended in Wizard's Vault and a million other places.

You cannot sell Ascended on TP.

There's no reason you should be unable to sell Ascended on the TP.  If for some reason it tanks in price, you just take out one of the copious ways to get it (berry farming, laurels, dropping like candy from Fractals, the Vault, etc. etc.).

Otherwise, make it a fractal only reward because it's only applicable in fractals as that's the only place agony matters.  The couple % stat loss over exotic means nothing with all the power creep in the game, and any high-end raider or whatever (only place DPS matters) also already has legendary armor or means to run fractals to get ascended (as fractals are easier than raids).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

There's no reason you should be unable to sell Ascended on the TP. 

There's no reason you should be able to sell Ascended on the TP. 

Otherwise, make it a fractal only reward because it's only applicable in fractals as that's the only place agony matters

Also no.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Mind enlightening all of us where else agony matters? In the event you are unaware of what agony is, refer to:

Agony Resistance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Agony also ins't a problem, no need change anything because of it. 

If u don't like agony stat, use exotic gear and remove agony infusions.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

The whole point of barring ascended from TP was to make them hard to get. Now they are not. So reason for restriction is gone.

Inst the point, they made craft items daily capped, if the point was TP, they didnt have make bolt of damask base material 1 day capped.

also salvage ascedend gear can return a 300g item: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Excellence

if u like so much craft asceded gear, then go gamble! is more profitable than sell on tp.

Now that ascended items are easily available through Wizard's Vault

3 piece armor, 1 weapon inst making more "easily".

Its seem ppl who a have a something against Wizard Vault, is always trying find some reason to says that system is destroying gw2.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

If u don't like agony stat, use exotic gear and remove agony infusions.

lolwat. 

You realize you proved my point--if you remove the agony stat you might as well delete ascended because the minor stat gain is meaningless.

Unless you just like the color pink for some reason--but that's what armor dye is for.  

Guess if they delete ascended it will solve the problem of having to salvage it or keep it in your inventory as useless junk once you have legendary armor / rings / etc.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

lolwat. 

You realize you proved my point--if you remove the agony stat you might as well delete ascended because the minor stat gain is meaningless.

nope, i proved my point, if change nothing, theres no reason to change it, because theres no problem to resolve.

why delete something that cause no problem?

minimalism obscession is your problem, not game problem.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Guess if they delete ascended it will solve the problem of having to salvage it or keep it in your inventory as useless junk once you have legendary armor / rings / etc.

someone with full lengendary and raining so much ascedend to fill inventory, running out of space is amusing. perhaps stop a bit of make lengendary and buy more bank space, make 24bag slots, is 10~15g!!

salvaging 20 ascedends are higher chance of get 300g item https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Excellence

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

nope, i proved my point, if change nothing, theres no reason to change it, because theres no problem to resolve.

why delete something that cause no problem?

minimalism obscession is your problem, not game problem.

You're the one that suggested removing agony which is a BIG change considering what the infusions sell for.

Also, you are not solving my specific problem of having useless ascended junk in my inventory because I have all legendary items and salvaging them for ~60s of stabilizing matrices is so lucrative.

Stopping crafting legendaries or gambling amulets for a single 300g item are also not valid reasons to keep ascended.  If you want to gamble, gamble exotics in the forge for chance at the same 300g+ precursor.

By keeping ascended you are just creating a forced tier of gear new players think they have to get because it has pink coloring when reality is exotics are fine for 95% of the game (anything that isn't a CM strike, raid, or > level 20ish fractal). 

Also, by deleting ascended you get rid of the Bitterfrost farm, and think of how much time you'd save those poor souls that choose to do it over literally anything else more productive.

tldr; think we are coming to a solution here to delete ascended (and agony of course as you suggested so fractals don't literally become unplayable lol).  

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You're the one that suggested removing agony which is a BIG change considering what the infusions sell for.

i said if u have so much trouble with agony stats, just remove infusions or use exotic equipment.

Also, you are not solving my specific problem of having useless ascended junk in my inventory because I have all legendary items

if youre are full legendary and ascedend are filling up all your space, is because youre rich, buy more bank space or salvage it, or just delete it, if u have 20+ ascedend pilling up!

and salvaging them for ~60s of stabilizing matrices is so lucrative.

last time i salvaged 15 pieces of armor, i got 500g in profit.

Also, by deleting ascended you get rid of the Bitterfrost farm, and think of how much time you'd save those poor souls that choose to do it over literally anything else more productive.

if u dont like Bitterfrost, don't do it.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Stopping crafting legendaries or gambling amulets for a single 300g item are also not valid reasons to keep ascended.  If you want to gamble, gamble exotics in the forge for chance at the same 300g+ precursor.

If u don't like gamblig, or salvagte, them don't do it. make your legendaries.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

By keeping ascended you are just creating a forced tier of gear new players think they have to get because it has pink coloring when reality is exotics are fine for 95% of the game (anything that isn't a CM strike, raid, or > level 20ish fractal). 

nobody is forcing u to anything. if dont like ascedend, don't craft it, just go craft legendary instead, or stay in exotics.

• Confused 2

Pretty much what I am seeing is you want gild so your trying to tell ANet  to make accended sellable on the TP and have people hike the mat prices up more then they already are AND for people to charge an arm and a leg just like they do for lwgwndaries because you think they are hars ro craft? Wow I agree with everyone else accended are the easiest to craft. Far easier then a legendary if you want to craft them. Tell ANet to make them sellable is honestly stupid and greedy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, saelweng.6420 said:

Pretty much what I am seeing is you want gild so your trying to tell ANet  to make accended sellable on the TP and have people hike the mat prices up more then they already are AND for people to charge an arm and a leg just like they do for lwgwndaries because you think they are hars ro craft? Wow I agree with everyone else accended are the easiest to craft. Far easier then a legendary if you want to craft them. Tell ANet to make them sellable is honestly stupid and greedy.

Before openly calling me stupid and greedy for "want gild" (I have more than I can reasonably spend) consider finding a cure for your dyslexia?

Also, the rest of your "argument" can be summarized as "No. Just no. It is what it is." without any reasoning.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

now that ascended items are easily available through Wizard's Vault, we should be able to salvage them into something actually valuable.

A good alternative solution. Still, selling them to those who needs them seems to be less wasteful than salvage.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

So what I get from the comments is. 

- Make Ascended able to sell on the TP. 

- Because of the massiv oversupply, TP prices drop into the floor. 

- Exotic gear value drops to basically nothing because why buy exo when Ascended costs are down the drain. 

- Ascended is the new exotic. 

It kinda already is valueless, because the massive oversupply exists whether we can sell it or not.  It's just sitting in our inventory.

Of course, if you make it sellable you also remove some of the sources of it too outside fractals and crafting.  This would balance its worth out with the 'prestige' it supposed to have but doesn't because there's many, many ways to acquire it for nothing.  

The value argument is lost too because the legendaries that are both sellable and have precursors in the vault rn (like Bifrost) are still holding value, despite having the path to get them made vastly easier.  

If ascended isn't sellable, then they really need to find more things to do with it--because seriously, salvaging exotics is more worthwhile than ascended, which is a big problem.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

After stocks of ascended get sold out the price shall rise again due to time gate on materials, limited drops and a constant demand.

As an example I can use Celestial Exotics that are staying around 12 gold due to time gate on Quartz fusing and being used in many builds.

I guesstimate TP prices on ascended shall be considerably higher than exotics so new/poor/experimenting with builds players shall still be buying exotics first.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

After stocks of ascended get sold out the price shall rise again due to time gate on materials, limited drops and a constant demand.

As an example I can use Celestial Exotics that are staying around 12 gold due to time gate on Quartz fusing and being used in many builds.

I guesstimate TP prices on ascended shall be considerably higher than exotics so new/poor/experimenting with builds players shall still be buying exotics first.

The amount of Ascended gear entering the market is limitless as there are many ways to get Ascended while the demand is limited. 

A players only needs X amount of Ascended. 

A player puts new Ascended items onto the market everyday. 

And the amount of people who don't need Ascended anymore in Increasing everyday. 

The Value would tank. 

And removing Ascended items from content would the content less worth playing and basically telling people to just farm Drizzle wood. 

Overall, an unnecessary change. 

11 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The amount of Ascended gear entering the market

No it’s always zero, there is no market for ascended. No ascended armor/weapon/jewelers is tradable.

Ascended is only a material sink, and yes that is likely shrinking.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 2