This class makes no sense

Tanuki.4603

This class gives me random orbs and there is constantly ghosts spawning for no good reason at all. Its hard to understand this whole idea, random ghosts and orbs with no good explanation, also i don't like casting animations for great sword they just look dumb, im just gonna go play my thief

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Tanuki.4603 said:

This class gives me random orbs and there is constantly ghosts spawning for no good reason at all. Its hard to understand this whole idea, random ghosts and orbs with no good explanation, also i don't like casting animations for great sword they just look dumb, im just gonna go play my thief

Don't worry, ANet will fix all the issues you don't like by tomorrow!

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Seems kind of like a troll...

But if you're actually interested.

It sounds like the Virtuoso would be the elite spec you'd like of the Mesmer.

No Clones and the Greatsword is not needed for the build.

For leveling to lvl 80 Greatsword isn't needed if you don't like the animations.

Regarding the clones they really are not much more than a resource mechanic to improve the Shatters (F1-F4). The resource just is tied to your target.

Your skills tell you which ones create Clones it shouldn't be a surprise.

Edited by Roadkizzle.2157
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I'd like Virtuoso, if not for the floating pink daggers of doom. Not as bad as the original Untamed effect, but kitten. Still, I did finally manage to get over the Herald's wacky Legendary Dragon Stance ground effect graphics that look (to me) like some kinda fancy snow sled thing. Ugh. But anyway. Maybe I will eventually learn to embrace the daggers. I'd like it better, though, if the daggers were, I dunno, pretty pink hearts or something. Orange stars. Yellow moons. Green clovers. Or maybe bunnies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

I'd like Virtuoso, if not for the floating pink daggers of doom. Not as bad as the original Untamed effect, but kitten. Still, I did finally manage to get over the Herald's wacky Legendary Dragon Stance ground effect graphics that look (to me) like some kinda fancy snow sled thing. Ugh. But anyway. Maybe I will eventually learn to embrace the daggers. I'd like it better, though, if the daggers were, I dunno, pretty pink hearts or something. Orange stars. Yellow moons. Green clovers. Or maybe bunnies.

What? You don't want to look like a Sherman tank with a Calliope rocket launchers?

I personally think it looks silly but I think the Uber shiny sparkly outfits that everyone wears looks even more silly and out of place. The blinding screen wide spell animations every single class use to where you can't even see bosses when you're fighting them is more annoying than the daggers for the Virtuoso.

But I do really wish they would make the floating daggers stowable so they only come out when you pull out your weapon going into combat.

I also do think it looks silly just holding the daggers in the V over the head like a calliope launcher. But I understand people want a signifier for the Mesmer resource even though classes like Warrior don't for their Adrenaline resource. But daggers floating encircling the body would probably look better.

• Thanks 3

On 9/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Seems kind of like a troll...

But if you're actually interested.

No Clones and the Greatsword is not needed for the build.

For leveling to lvl 80 Greatsword isn't needed if you don't like the animations.

Regarding the clones they really are not much more than a resource mechanic to improve the Shatters (F1-F4). The resource just is tied to your target.

Your skills tell you which ones create Clones it shouldn't be a surprise.

I can confirm, I've swapped over to Virtuoso and will never look back.  Phantasms are great, but clones are just janky in my eyes.  Also if you're playing virtuoso I'd recommend Dagger/Sword and Dagger/Torch as your weapon combos if you don't like the greatsword.  Hope you have more fun with the class OP!  It's a blast when you get your shatters and other magic set up.  

On 9/18/2023 at 4:21 AM, Tachenon.5270 said:

Say it louder and they may start adding Profession mechanic skins in the gemstore.