Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

9 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

we have this kind of eco sytem already and its the gen1 and gen3 legendary weapons in case you still wanted to act like this wasnt the case right now wich im more then happy to tell you about once again 🙂  

We have also legendary armors, backpieces, rings, trinkets and amulets - all not sellable. Its funny that you are so selective, and act like you forgot that all slots they added after weapons are account bound...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, rawisz.6439 said:

We have also legendary armors, backpieces, rings, trinkets and amulets - all not sellable. Its funny that you are so selective, and act like you forgot that all slots they added after weapons are account bound...

Im not asking about the original game mode specific legendarys to be tradable thats why! and i agree they shouldnt be they can stay the way and were for all this time.

but if they were adding an extra OPEN WORLD version of them id suggest they make them tradable too it is a suggestion nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Im not asking about the original game mode specific legendarys to be tradable thats why! and i agree they shouldnt be they can stay the way and were for all this time.

but if they were adding an extra OPEN WORLD version of them id suggest they make them tradable too it is a suggestion nothing more.

You can already buy around 3/4 of essences needed to craft armor from TP in form of kryptis motivations. But they made extra effort with account bound currency so ppl couldnt buy it out on day 1 with gold/cash and you have to do some part of grind yourself.  Pretty obvious that what you suggest is in total oposition with what Anet planed with lege armor.

Edited by rawisz.6439
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

On 9/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, Dreams.3128 said:

We literally can't have anything in this game without someone wanting to flat out swipe their card.

Really? The armor? People couldn't be satisfied with the ability to buy legendary weapons?

We literally can't have anything in this game without someone wanting to flat out grind it.

Really? The new armor? People couldn't be satisfied with the ability to grind existing legendary amor?

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

We literally can't have anything in this game without someone wanting to flat out grind it.

Really? The new armor? People couldn't be satisfied with the ability to grind existing legendary amor?

Yea Im puzzled aswell apparently some people are so against instanced pve, wvw and spvp that they cant get either of those armors and cried, stomped their feet ate alot of whine and crackers until it was possible to get in the easy as heck openworld.

But my dear friend it dont stop there its to hard to get so lets do the same thing again that have been proven to work.

So the cycle continues.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not surprised at all and those people simply don't get those sets and are perfectly fine playing with exotics or ascended gear. I don't know what point you were trying to make here, other than just trying to nonsensically parrot what I said. But again: what you just wrote doesn't surprise me at all (why would it?), in fact it's what I keep telling you this whole time.

The only way this matters might be about players engaging with the content, not "engaging with legendary armor"(?). And to that point: if you want one then -even moreso- play the content and get it. For now soto and rifts seem to be doing fine in player engagement aspect.

If you paid attention at all, you'd notice that whole new eco system of content already exists. So currently that just another attempt at false reasoning trying to say you're not wanting it simply ONLY for your own comfort. Doubt anyone eats up what you're dishing out here though. 🙂

We both will end up in a loop hole and i dont want to argue with somone like you any more for this reason.

i already made clear that the game never was designed to make you special by simply locking QoL improvements behind an eco system that doesent satisfy both sides the grinders and swipers at the same time when it comes to these QoL improvements.

you can still buy raids to get a set of legendary armor period.

i could do that but my suggestion would help the game and the majority of the casual player base by beeing more accsessible while also providing repeatable gold farm content for veterans at the same time wich is a massive improvement to what we have right now when it comes to the armor.

and jet you still keep replying to me one sided wich just exposed your beeing biased 🙂 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I know people here are captured in their bias opinion and wont open up or agree that their points have no real validating foundation to it.

Or to put it in a different way:

we are honest after demanding such an improvement it will help us save time that we then can use to do something we allways liked more convenient…

they   want something that elevates them from the rest by simply beeing hard to aquire so that they can continue to flexing on casuals by taking away accessibility to their QoL improvements at the same time.

i agree it wont work on this forum 

peoples egos and egoistic attiudes are on the line.

MMOs provide long-term goals for people to work towards over time. The newest examples are the kryptis skyscale skin and the OW legendary armour. MMOs must continue to provide long-term goals otherwise people don't play because they have everything they want almost instantly.

Over time, every aspect of this game has had people complaining the things need to be made easier/faster to get. Raid armour. WvW armour. (not sure about PvP armour.) The skyscale. The raptor. Time taken to level to 80.

This is why so many of us long-term players are over these requests. Anet have obliged (slightly) again, and again, and some players still want things to be faster. There is always the next thing that players will complain takes too long.

I get beyond cross at players who bring those of us with disabilities into this. We don't complain because we won't take the time to do something. We complain that implementation of some aspects of the game makes it impossible, or close to impossible, for us to get achievements. That is a huge difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

MMOs provide long-term goals for people to work towards over time. The newest examples are the kryptis skyscale skin and the OW legendary armour. MMOs must continue to provide long-term goals otherwise people don't play because they have everything they want almost instantly.

Or the company every 1-2 year do a "clean state" and  could offer new goals , if their population are fixated defending  a goal for silly reason/trying to make monies :P

Now that people are "ok" with WvW , what can you do to attract and retain those no-LI players ,misters and misses of "no-auto lfg ,only 30k dps , 500LI ,otherwise play with your own kind"? :P

Spoiler

(i want a shirtless pic of the dayman mod that gets closer to the .0001 spot . And i will get my  long term goal!)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Or the company every 1-2 year do a "clean state" and  could offer new goals , if their population are fixated defending  a goal for silly reason/trying to make monies 😛

Now that people are "ok" with WvW , what can you do to attract and retain those no-LI players ? 😛

Hide contents

The expac has brought out OW legendary armour. That's currently the major long-term goal introduced by the expac. OW, other than raid, didn't exist before SotO came out. Thus, they have offered new goals. I have no idea what you mean by "clean slate". Some of your comments are a bit difficult to understand, maybe it's a language translation problem - I'm assuming English isn't your first language.

7 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

The expac has brought out OW legendary armour. That's currently the major long-term goal introduced by the expac. OW, other than raid, didn't exist before SotO came out. Thus, they have offered new goals. I have no idea what you mean by "clean slate". Some of your comments are a bit difficult to understand, maybe it's a language translation problem - I'm assuming English isn't your first language.

Now that legendarie armor exist in all modes , theres nothing special to attract the casuals and thus they can start introducing new rewards .

As a PvPer i vote they start with WvW as the cornerstone ad offer new rewards .

For PvP i need to have a very calm converation ingame with other pvper for the next year , while riders havent fixed their issues and will continue to tell people to either getting good or play with their kind (auto group , official dps meters in CM , depower sellers from doing the same mistakes) :P

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Now that legendarie armor exist in all modes , theres nothing special to attract the casuals and thus they can start introducing new rewards .

As a PvPer i vote they start with WvW as the cornerstone ad offer new rewards .

For PvP i need to have a very calm converation ingame with other pvper for the next year , while riders havent fixed their issues and will continue to tell people to either getting good or play with their kind 😛

You mean so the casual open worlders can complain about those new rewards like the do gift of battle?

Yea that will go down well, while your at it talk to your pvpers about what do do with a currency that have no use after very few rewards are bought like for example LI

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You mean so the casual open worlders can complain about those new rewards like the do gift of battle?

Yea that will go down well, while your at it talk to your pvpers about what do do with a currency that have no use after very few rewards are bought like for example LI

LI is used to get the fastest legendary . Last year they increased the gold rewards in Raids and still not major increases in population it seems where made :P

Let me guess ..if they offer a new shiny Skin they will flock suresly this second time ? :P

Spoiler

(you cannot change , because you make money of it)

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Genuine question.

Why do people still come to mmos if they don't like to socialize, grind, or do anything that literally makes an MMO an MMO. Because honestly, at this point, you're just trying to turn the genre into something else. And of course, GW2 is not AS grindy as something like FF or WoW or BDO, but it is still an MMO by large. You still grind whether it be for fashion or something else. The point is to waste time, to grind, so WHY are people still playing this sort of genre if that is not what they want to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not surprised at all and those people simply don't get those sets and are perfectly fine playing with exotics or ascended gear. I don't know what point you were trying to make here, other than just trying to nonsensically parrot what I said. But again: what you just wrote doesn't surprise me at all (why would it?), in fact it's what I keep telling you this whole time.

The only way this matters might be about players engaging with the content, not "engaging with legendary armor"(?). And to that point: if you want one then -even moreso- play the content and get it. For now soto and rifts seem to be doing fine in player engagement aspect.

If you paid attention at all, you'd notice that whole new eco system of content already exists. So currently that just another attempt at false reasoning trying to say you're not wanting it simply ONLY for your own comfort. Doubt anyone eats up what you're dishing out here though. 🙂

We both will end up in a loop hole and i dont want to argue with somone like you any more for this reason.

i already made clear that the game never was designed to make you special by simply locking QoL improvements behind an eco system that doesent satisfy both sides the grinders and casual swipers when it comes to accessibility.

you can still buy raids to get a set of legendary armor (wich is not convenient and will profit only a small amount of people compared to thousands that could be farming legendary armor and selling it individualy profiting each and every one of them in the same way it does by grinding gen 1 or gen 3 legendary weapons.)

but on the other hand you cant buy legendary accessories and as of right now im fine with that unless there will be some open world only ones introduced in the future where id hope theyd be tradable for the sake of equal accessibility to casuals too.

This core suggestion would help the game and the majority of the casuals swipers gearing up and getting that QoL improvement by beeing more accsessible while also providing repeatable gold farm content for every on at the same time wich is a massive improvement to what we have right now.

and jet you still keep replying to me one sided wich just exposes your beeing biased 🙂 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

You still grind whether it be for fashion or something else. The point is to waste time, to grind, so WHY are people still playing this sort of genre if that is not what they want to do.

18 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

People like me have had enough grind in their real lifes growing up!

We dont have the urge (un like you) to prove our capabilities of achieving something IN A VIDEO GAME in order to compensate for what we couldnt but still would like to achieve in the real world.

you clearly didnt achieve any thing in the real world and seek that satisfaction in gw2 well im fine with that as long as you dont keep rubbing your in game achievements in to our faces while forcing it to us aswell.

we want to have fun in this fantasy environment and take a break from reality after grinding for our whole lifes.

money is not of importance to me or the ones that want to skip stuff and clearly can do that since the begining.

and anet and their devs clearly built a structure in this game thats capable of providing satisfaction to both sides whithout affecting each other there are the ones that swipe and the ones that grind.

BUT not when it comes to the legendary armor ???

Yeah time to change that please!

I scrambled up something i posted before this is the reason imo.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

I scrambled up something i posted before this is the reason imo.

Then use ascended or even exotics and be on your way, thats all thats needed in open world anyway.

Just look at the thread were a guy got a problem with a veteran mob teleporting and healing itself.

The problem for sure is not that they are in mix and match armor/runes mix of defensive, condi and support weapons

No it must be bugged since their crap have worked 94% of their world completion already.

If you want to buy your way to legendary armor you now have two ways raid wings and their collections or kryptis motivations.

If you want to earn gold your already in the most profitable mode of the game the open world content anyway.

Edit

And we all know why it have worked power creep core tyria or any expansion before EoD/SotO have not kept up with the times.

People now have a hard time getting achievements in silverwaste because people kill them to quick with sub 20 people where before you needed 35-40 people across the lanes.

And what do Anet seem to do about well just slap more health on the mobs that for sure will be a good way to extend later expansions monsters.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

there is no need for a third way since that would be a second way to buy the second option and we dont have that for any other option now do we?

You can do the Raid part , by joing group or byng from raid sellers .

We can implant the same option for the pvp ones ,, by selling their mats

Every1 makes money + globaly the prices to get the legendary comes down

Every1 wins

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You can do the Raid part , by joing group or byng from raid sellers .

We can implant the same option for the pvp ones ,, by selling their mats

Every1 makes money + globaly the prices to get the legendary comes down

Every1 wins

Wouldent this go against the OP in this topic tho what make you think that Soto legendary armor would be cheaper on the tp then raid armor if it was able to be sold on the tp?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hesione.9412 said:

That's not really true.  For achievement hunters maybe, but for most people the fun of the game comes from the fun of playing it.  The grind game incentive system is there to keep people playing the game when it is no longer fun, but that is a morally dubious design system at best.  It is why Anet avoided large grinds for most of their game.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

That's not really true.  For achievement hunters maybe, but for most people the fun of the game comes from the fun of playing it.  The grind game incentive system is there to keep people playing the game when it is no longer fun, but that is a morally dubious design system at best.  It is why Anet avoided large grinds for most of their game.  

Oh yes, the social role is important. You are still playing the game with a goal in mind, be it role-playing, going around the different maps discovering places, participating in a fashion contest, whatever. The definition of a "goal" is up to the player. The journey is the "grind" - anything that takes time can be defined as a grind. What is one person's grind is another person's playing the game they want to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Most of us got used to what we got and we keep it like that just for that reason wich is sad if you think about it…

52 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then use ascended or even exotics and be on your way, thats all thats needed in open world anyway.

You dont seem to read what people post here do you?

And just to give you a comparison on what you suggest here:

You basically tell us to use the regular salvage kits in the game because they salvage in the same way salvage o matics from the shop do wich is why we wouldnt want and need to buy the QoL improvement item ever…

there is nothing more to it?….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7