Artificer, Huntsman or Weaponsmith help please?

fourhim.3584

OK, after all these years I'm ready to try my hand at Crafting, mainly because I would really like to have a Sigil of Cleansing, which apparently can only be made by an Artificer, Huntsman or Weaponsmith.  Some guides out there are over 10 years old, so I'm hoping for some more recent information/links.

Of these 3 disciplines, which would be the easiest, fastest and least expensive in terms of ingredients, to get to level 400?  Is there one I should focus on above another for reasons beyond Sigils of Cleansing?  Thanks for much for any modern guides you can direct me to.

1 hour ago, fourhim.3584 said:

OK, after all these years I'm ready to try my hand at Crafting, mainly because I would really like to have a Sigil of Cleansing, which apparently can only be made by an Artificer, Huntsman or Weaponsmith.  Some guides out there are over 10 years old, so I'm hoping for some more recent information/links.

Of these 3 disciplines, which would be the easiest, fastest and least expensive in terms of ingredients, to get to level 400?  Is there one I should focus on above another for reasons beyond Sigils of Cleansing?  Thanks for much for any modern guides you can direct me to.

Even if those guides are 10 years old they are still up to date since crafting have not changed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fourhim.3584 said:

The usual way to chose crafting skills is based on your profession. Ideally, you want to unlock armorsmith and weaponsmith in a heavy class (any of them), leatherworker and huntsman in a mid armor profession and tailor and artificer in a light armor class. Take also in consideration that crafting provides some xp (around 10 levels x a maxed crafting skill).

The system is rather easy: most of the pieces you craft would requiere 3 components (example: for a boot you'll need the sole, the sheating and a insignia which will provide the stats; the same with weapons: a handle, a blade and the inscription). You get max xp the first 3 times you craft a piece, so to maximize your progress you craft 3 boots with vitality, then 3 with power, then with precission...  or alternatively you craft 3 times the same stats in different armor pieces or weapons (as 3 helms with vitality, then 3 gloves... or 3 hammers, 3 spears... ). Every 25 levels or so a higher grade of materials to craft superior versions of the same stuff gets unlocked and you progress until 400. 400-500 is the same but you end moving from exotics to ascended, which is more expensive. Since you can sell or salvage most of what you craft the final cost isn't as high, but you can expect to spent 20-30 gold coins to s¡rise a crafting skill up to 400 and another 30 for the last 100 levels up to 500, but largely depends on how much stuff stacked you have in the bank.

• Like 1

late but weaponsmith is universally cheap due ease of supply in both wood and metal.   Worst is leather, which is used in ALL 3 armor crafting, due to lack stable supplies.  

expensive mats tend to dip seasonally with festivals; so paying attention to price changes year round will help you stock up when things are cheapest, and use later in projects.  

when you get into legendary crafting, you’ll need all at some point due to each “gift of” being spread out across various disciplines.