[Video] Turtles can't fly

Manpag.6421

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work. Still waiting on that game update that allows turtles to use Ley Lines and updrafts.

First thing I did when I unlocked the Siege Turtle:

There shortly was a glitch in the game that made a true flying mount with near infinite rocket boosters of the Siege Turtle when operating in jade bot drone flight mode. It has long been patched but it allowed me to record this video playing Turtle Airways high above Lions Arch. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 5:36 AM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

There shortly was a glitch in the game that made a true flying mount with near infinite rocket boosters of the Siege Turtle when operating in jade bot drone flight mode. It has long been patched but it allowed me to record this video playing Turtle Airways high above Lions Arch. It was fun while it lasted.

I’m sad I missed out on that glitch, that looks so fun! The one thing that I find a bit sad with the siege turtle is that to get the most out of your endurance, you have to use your jets in pretty short bursts, which makes longer flight quite jerky. Flying round like that looks much more elegant!

I also hope for ley-line/updraft use someday, and/or possibly some added masteries like skyscale got in SotO (which could help with the aforementioned endurance issue). Given the massive flight range of griffon, the turtle’s comparative lack of popularity, and more reliance on terrain to gain height, I don’t think it’d be game breaking for turtles to be able to fly infinitely. If you told people turtle had limitless level flight, how many people would actually switch from their skyscale?

• Like 1