Weapons nerfed like thought 🥲

arazoth.7290

31 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I am not using these weapons for myself in pve, but I find the change sad to see for revenant in general.

On top side, they try to make vindicator not suffering from it by increasing a trait in damage %, hope it is enough to compensate 

I can tell you no. Just no. It's a 15% boost in general to compensate for on the small end a 30% drop in a coefficient damage.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

no surprise, still nerfing in a hurry. although it's a good weapon compared to the others, we weren't talking about 49k of damage like some classes or more (elem, necro) the hammer is still rubbish and the vindi is still buggy like the 3 a la GS, it's only been 2 years now....

by the way, where is the guard?

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

no surprise, still nerfing in a hurry. although it's a good weapon compared to the others, we weren't talking about 49k of damage like some classes or more (elem, necro) the hammer is still rubbish and the vindi is still buggy like the 3 a la GS, it's only been 2 years now....

Guardians dont get nerfed neither pvp or pve. Thats a unspoken rule 😕

Though im a bit sad I just picked up revenant and really liked GS herald 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Yea, this is what baffles me. Herald, when played minute rice perfect and didn't have to bother with mechanics, could push 40k on its DPS build, not quickdps but DPS. Renegade damage is still mostly on condi though a power DPS was decent with GS but still wasn't breaking the 40k barrier.

We are already the least played class by a wide margin as is, and given the damage heavy nature of the meta, it felt nice to be more than a walking stat stick. Which is ironic since they seem to be telling us that is our role but neglect to give us better tools outside of herald right now (or any tools at all in the case of vindicator and using St. Viktor).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chaoslordlol.3165 said:

Guardians dont get nerfed neither pvp or pve. Thats a unspoken rule 😕

Except for all the times it has been nerfed, sometimes harshly, that people forget about because of confirmation bias.

This time around, it probably avoided a nerf because its top benchmark was relatively low by SotO release standards.

4 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Shortbow was reduced as well because well we know that everyone was going to use shortbow over hammer.

The ironic thing being that they nerfed the condi application, so shortbow is still a better ranged power weapon than hammer.

And if they did nerf power shortbow so that was no longer the case, people still wouldn't use hammer without a substantial update to hammer - rev will just go back to being an obligatory melee profession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At one point he was going to nerf the guard quite a bit and they backed off, but the revenant has been taking nerf after nerf for some time, just because a weapon is good and because it's more suited to the mele than sword. On the wiki for these skills it had been slightly increased a year ago and now he's lowering it by more than it was before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1