Not allowed to play Holosmith

squeegee.4320

Because I like playing condition builds. But that's not allowed for Holosmith!

I guess someone somewhere had fine tuned a build that managed to almost reach the capabilities of an auto-attack-only NPC-tanking mechanist player so they had to nerf Holosmith to make sure Mechanists are still better in every way.

Edited by squeegee.4320
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Holosmith got nerfed because in a raid squad where you are being supported by others and dedicating every utility slot to kits you could deal high damage. 

Players like me who mainly play solo or in small groups in open world get absolutely F’d.  Holosmith in this environment isn’t even on the same level as mechanist let alone other classes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

When balancing means condi holo 420apm and condi mech 69apm deal the same damage, you know you are in for a ride. I love the dev streams where they try to explain how they balance and what their goals are and the update doesnt reflect that at all. After 18months of balancing patches in the EOD era we are back to square 1.

• Thanks 1

Well, you see, short bow is coming in the next update and it’s ANet company policy to nerf older options to make the new options shine.  No one wanted to do it, but their hands were tied. 

joking aside, DPS was getting wild, this nerfs condi Engi across the board where it was overperforming based on pre-SotO standards.  We’ll be fine, they nerfed everything.  Power creep was way too much with SotO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, squeegee.4320 said:

Because I like playing condition builds. But that's not allowed for Holosmith!

I guess someone somewhere had fine tuned a build that managed to almost reach the capabilities of an auto-attack-only NPC-tanking mechanist player so they had to nerf Holosmith to make sure Mechanists are still better in every way.

what in heaven's name are you talking about