Buff dungeon loot

On 9/28/2023 at 9:44 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Anet stopped working on dungeons long ago when they introduced fractals.  They aren't going to go back and add more development to them now.

Well they unified the tokens, adjusted the vendors and less that a month ago created a portal in LA for all of them.

Making a new pass at things you can get from vendors and maybe iron out a few glitches is not that far fetched.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:44 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Anet stopped working on dungeons long ago when they introduced fractals.  They aren't going to go back and add more development to them now.

That's essentially the problem, FF XIV for example, they have A LOT of content that has been overlapped by more recent content, yet people keep playing said content because it's still rewarding, Anet instead of asking people where's the problem they just say "This doesn't work anymore" and drop the content. ¿What happened to raids? They turned the blind eye to people acting like jerks "because my squad my rules" and the result was that the only ones who remained on raids were veterans coming from other MMO, but newer players raiding for the first time decided it was not worth the time, ¿Result? A piece of content that could be fixed by punishing those jerks/listening the community ended up dying and, with the excuse of a "middle step between fractals and raids" they added the strikes. ¿What will happen when people ends up bored of strikes? They'll ditch them aswell? The reductionist system they are using has it's limits.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

That's essentially the problem, FF XIV for example, they have A LOT of content that has been overlapped by more recent content, yet people keep playing said content because it's still rewarding, Anet instead of asking people where's the problem they just say "This doesn't work anymore" and drop the content. ¿What happened to raids? They turned the blind eye to people acting like jerks "because my squad my rules" and the result was that the only ones who remained on raids were veterans coming from other MMO, but newer players raiding for the first time decided it was not worth the time, ¿Result? A piece of content that could be fixed by punishing those jerks/listening the community ended up dying and, with the excuse of a "middle step between fractals and raids" they added the strikes. ¿What will happen when people ends up bored of strikes? They'll ditch them aswell? The reductionist system they are using has it's limits.

Can we also punish the dps that do 20% or less then whats theoreticaly possible and still call themselfs dps then too?

This make squads have a higher fail chance and if it fail to much the squads will dispand. 

People will be less tolerant of failiure and just leave to find a hopefully more competent team next run.

You know the play how you want should go both ways but its always the top preformers that get villainized and called out for punishments.

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Can we also punish the dps that do 20% or less then whats theoreticaly possible and still call themselfs dps then too?

This make squads have a higher fail chance and if it fail to much the squads will dispand. 

People will be less tolerant of failiure and just leave to find a hopefully more competent team next run.

You know the play how you want should go both ways but its always the top preformers that get villainized and called out for punishments.

The issue here is that one thing is asking for competent people and the other is asking the players to do what a team of fully dedicated players do with less than 25% of the time those players put in the game. You can't expect people to do the same as people of Snowcrows do (or Quantify back in the day) when instead of 8-10 hours of play, they can only play 2 hours a day. More if we take in consideration that back in the day some classes like the cronomancer had more than 100 steps on the rotation.

There's an enormous line between asking a minimuns and being a jerk. And sadly, most of the time the situations found were the second, with W2 release things relaxed a bit, but when there was only W1 people would kick you for doing 1K less of damage on certain squads, even if you did the rest perfectly.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

The issue here is that one thing is asking for competent people and the other is asking the players to do what a team of fully dedicated players do with less than 25% of the time those players put in the game. You can't expect people to do the same as people of Snowcrows do (or Quantify back in the day) when instead of 8-10 hours of play, they can only play 2 hours a day. More if we take in consideration that back in the day some classes like the cronomancer had more than 100 steps on the rotation.

There's an enormous line between asking a minimuns and being a jerk. And sadly, most of the time the situations found were the second, with W2 release things relaxed a bit, but when there was only W1 people would kick you for doing 1K less of damage on certain squads, even if you did the rest perfectly.

When we only had wing w1 you were kicked for not being elementalist since there were no dps meters and people knew elementalist on papaer did the most damage.

So yea your wrong mate.

And asking for dps to be over 6-8k is not being a jerk, I seen a warrior dps be as low as 1.3k on whisper of jormag for example and that  led to kick.

Since why should he be rewarded for doing almost nothing making it harder for the other 9 people?

Under other posters rule, I who started the squad should have to leave and look for 9 other people when 1 person is the problem child.

I say no sir/mam

On 9/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, deathdealer.2197 said:

No one does them, give us some incentives!

REWARDS:

- Dungeons give the same levels of tokens as before, a fixed amount of gold and daily rewards that will be the actual ones (including dungeon tokens).

- Dungeon armor can be ascended using dungeon gifts, ectoplasm and tomes of heroism.

This can also be expanded upon adding improvements to the armor visuals that need to be bought.

- The respective ascended trinkets can be bought with dungeon tokens.

- t1-6 materials can be bought with dungeon tokens.

GAMEPLAY:

- Add dungeon checkpoints that are saved until the player reset the instance.

- All bosses now have a defiance bar (not sure if this was the case alredy).

- All dungeon bosses have reduced critical damage and condition duration, except if their defiance bar is down and for a medium timed window.

- Might can't be stacked above 10 in dungeons.

- Most melee dungeon bosses cleave (I don't remember them doing it).

- 1-2 skills more per dungeon boss, specially AoEs for the casters or themed ones and knockback, stun for the melee ones.

- Players get access to a special skill that allows them to taunt the boss for 20 secs each 30 secs. The difference is to create dps and such pressure.

DUNGEON CHALLENGE MODE:

- Enemies have x1.5 frequency of attack, x2 health.

- Theres no downed state in challenge mode, you die, is gg.

- Rewards get increased x2. 

INTRODUCTING PLAYERS TO IT:

Each access, exploration mod starting zone and the dungeon vendor in LA will help players with builds and dungeon tips if they ask them.

A tool tip will direct the players to them for getting advice in instanced group content and also to learn about dungeon rewards (how to do and why aka shinies).

OTHER:

- After completing story mode it will be also accesible as a level 80 path (also, not only) with full exploration mod rewards.

- LS3 Cadeucus Manor gets added to the dungeons paths.

- Return of Twilight Arbor lost exploration path.

Edited by Lucius.2140
  • Confused 4

On 10/8/2023 at 8:19 PM, Linken.6345 said:

When we only had wing w1 you were kicked for not being elementalist since there were no dps meters and people knew elementalist on papaer did the most damage.

So yea your wrong mate.

And asking for dps to be over 6-8k is not being a jerk, I seen a warrior dps be as low as 1.3k on whisper of jormag for example and that  led to kick.

Since why should he be rewarded for doing almost nothing making it harder for the other 9 people?

Under other posters rule, I who started the squad should have to leave and look for 9 other people when 1 person is the problem child.

I say no sir/mam

Nice extremism mate, what I was saying it's that it was not normal asking people to the exact same as SC or Quantify since IT'S OBVIOUS that it's impossible to do that unless you have 8 hours/day to practice the rotation to the point of having muscular memory for it, but it's also obvious that people has to fullfill a certain minimums, you are trying to negate my point with specific cases that may happen once every 3 months. Back in the day 30-35K was acceptable for certain classes since, as you say, most of them were extremely inferior to the elementalist in terms of brute damage , asking for more to someone doing every single mech correctly was acting like a jerk.