Underwater expansion features

Underwater expansion

Masteries

Water Surface Battle: equip Jade Tech that allows battle on the surface of the water, creating platforms that sync with your body as you move during combat.

Jade Tech Underwater Suit: equip a Jade tech suit that allows you to mimic above water movement and speed. You can do battle from the ocean floor with your standard above ground weapons and skills.

Water weapon mastery: learn to use underwater weapons above ground, giving you access to powerful new skills previously unaccessible.

Battle skiffs: learn to use jade cannons while moving on skiffs.

Skiff upgrade: upgrade your skiff in size until you have your own full blown pirate size ship capable of large scale encounters.

Mount skimmers while in combat.

Skimmers learn defensive skills like applying protective domes, disarming underwater mines, etc.

Mount siege turtles while in combat.

Learn to call an npc friend to take control of seige turtle cannons in the absense of a second player character.

Jackals learn the ability to traverse water portals to access hidden areas or treasure troves

Legendaries

Legendary Aquabreather

New legendary spear

New legendary trident

New legendary harpoon gun

New infusions for aqua breather

One infusion allows faster swim speed while downed to reach the water surface faster

One infusion grants stat increase properties while underwater.

Maps

Maps can be a mix of sea and above ground content. Large scale meta bosses on the surface of the ocean or in the depths of the ocean with new interesting mechanics.

One full map meta where you start from the surface and push into the ocean. Infiltrate a deep sea city.

General improvements/fixed to elite specs, such as allowing more skills underwater, mechas underwater, etc.

Adventures

New skiff races

New skimmer races, both above and below water. Utilizes mine mastery to clear mine obstacles

New seige turtle adventures, above and below water

Two stories, one great ending

Choose the story from the commanders point of view, or start a brand new adventure with the new lagos race. Level your character through low level starter zones in central tyria, with the story taking you directly into the expansion’s story, culminating in a new hero for Tyria!

Underwater Elite Specializations

Elite specializations for use underwater. Takes underwater combat into a whole new experience for existing professions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Underwater expansion

Masteries

Water Surface Battle: equip Jade Tech that allows battle on the surface of the water, creating platforms that sync with your body as you move during combat.

Jade Tech Underwater Suit: equip a Jade tech suit that allows you to mimic above water movement and speed. You can do battle from the ocean floor with your standard above ground weapons and skills.

Water weapon mastery: learn to use underwater weapons above ground, giving you access to powerful new skills previously unaccessible.

Battle skiffs: learn to use jade cannons while moving on skiffs.

Skiff upgrade: upgrade your skiff in size until you have your own full blown pirate size ship capable of large scale encounters.

Mount skimmers while in combat.

Skimmers learn defensive skills like applying protective domes, disarming underwater mines, etc.

Mount siege turtles while in combat.

Learn to call an npc friend to take control of seige turtle cannons in the absense of a second player character.

Jackals learn the ability to traverse water portals to access hidden areas or treasure troves

Legendaries

Legendary Aquabreather

New legendary spear

New legendary trident

New legendary harpoon gun

New infusions for aqua breather

One infusion allows faster swim speed while downed to reach the water surface faster

One infusion grants stat increase properties while underwater.

Maps

Maps can be a mix of sea and above ground content. Large scale meta bosses on the surface of the ocean or in the depths of the ocean with new interesting mechanics.

One full map meta where you start from the surface and push into the ocean. Infiltrate a deep sea city.

General improvements/fixed to elite specs, such as allowing more skills underwater, mechas underwater, etc.

Adventures

New skiff races

New skimmer races, both above and below water. Utilizes mine mastery to clear mine obstacles

New seige turtle adventures, above and below water

Two stories, one great ending

Choose the story from the commanders point of view, or start a brand new adventure with the new lagos race. Level your character through low level starter zones in central tyria, with the story taking you directly into the expansion’s story, culminating in a new hero for Tyria!

Underwater Elite Specializations

Elite specializations for use underwater. Takes underwater combat into a whole new experience for existing professions.

I would stop playing 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

I know this come from a good place, it's just aNet doesn't care about underwater content.

Also did you know Willbenders can't swim?!

I'm still sad that mechanist is 100% useless underwater since all the traits are mech-based but you don't get a mech... Come on, give us a robo-shark or something, like how rangers can use their pets underwater. Can even make an Austin Powers reference with the spark revolver and elite skill. Robot sharks with laser-beams on their heads!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Underwater combat is actually pretty easy and fun. Sadly most ppl do not see it that way. Best example is underwater fractal I was in several groups where everyone thought that underwater fractal is long and when I timed it it was same length as other some other daily fractal. Also most ppl does not have set up builds for underwater (traits/skills not working there and don't know what their underwater weapon skills do. Even with that you just steamroll underwater fractal.

Keep in mind that majority of GW2 players are casual players so adding more things to learn is challenging.

PS Underwater WvW is fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Icefyer.9208 said:

I'm still sad that mechanist is 100% useless underwater since all the traits are mech-based but you don't get a mech... Come on, give us a robo-shark or something, like how rangers can use their pets underwater. Can even make an Austin Powers reference with the spark revolver and elite skill. Robot sharks with laser-beams on their heads!

I think you will find that they are ill tempered mutated sea bass with jade cannons on their head. 

10 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Underwater combat is actually pretty easy and fun. Sadly most ppl do not see it that way. Best example is underwater fractal I was in several groups where everyone thought that underwater fractal is long and when I timed it it was same length as other some other daily fractal. Also most ppl does not have set up builds for underwater (traits/skills not working there and don't know what their underwater weapon skills do. Even with that you just steamroll underwater fractal.

Keep in mind that majority of GW2 players are casual players so adding more things to learn is challenging.

PS Underwater WvW is fun.

disagree, its awful for sustained gameplay but good for one off exploration.  Underwater wvw is also terrible, it only works when 1 person is chasing another in a straight line, big battles would be a mess due to the lack of viewpoint.