This game gives new meaning to frustration for me.

rager.4963

Just to list a few.

Certain group events I can solo, others can't. I go from 0 from 100 and not sure why. 

Doing skyscale mounts. Some events give me credit others don't for cutting weeds, and rest of the achievements. It is like if there is a world event near it. Why does it not count in that area?

And the fact I need to be close to see events is  annoying. I remember years ago that use to not be the case.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, rager.4963 said:

Just to list a few.

Certain group events I can solo, others can't. I go from 0 from 100 and not sure why. 

Doing skyscale mounts. Some events give me credit others don't for cutting weeds, and rest of the achievements. It is like if there is a world event near it. Why does it not count in that area?

And the fact I need to be close to see events is  annoying. I remember years ago that use to not be the case.

If you want a game with consistency, you've come to the wrong place and I wouldn't change it if I could. The fact that a group event can or can't be done by a group depends on a lot of things, including the skill of the player. I can do some group events solo that I couldn't do a year ago solo. What exactly should be the cut off for the group event?  You learn the game by playing the game. If you can't do the event, you learn something, what's the big deal. You get some XP either way.

The cutting weed event gives you credit for the events that have to do with the melandru wildlife but not the ones that have to do with the branded tend not to count because they're not area events, they're overarching meta events.

You could never see most events when they were close, only the map wide events. That's always been the case. The fact is, seeing every event in a map like Dragonfall would be a nightmare, since the entire zone is just event, after event, after event.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Ah so the inconsistency got me confused. That is the problem. Got you, and you are right. The fact game does not follow a set rules, and have consistency within it. Means this game is just bad for me. Thank you.

Also don't mean that as a bad thing for you all, or anything like that. I just got to set my bar to a level where I don't get so annoyed with lack of info, or how they handle combat. Even with what I consider flaws, I can still find fun in the game.

Edited by rager.4963
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, rager.4963 said:

Ah so the inconsistency got me confused. That is the problem. Got you, and you are right. The fact game does not follow a set rules, and have consistency within it. Means this game is just bad for me. Thank you.

You're welcome. There's a well known meme about this game, the c in Anet stands for consistency. I means the game keeps you on your toes. It's not going to coddle you, or spoonfeed you what to do, and that's absolutely the wrong thing for some people. Some of us like exploring and learning and not just doing everything by rote, and some of us like clearly defined rules, and nothing is wrong with either approach. Hope you find a game you like.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rager.4963 said:

This is skill lvl, class and build issue. You have ppl soloing almost anything in game like Lord Hizen and you have ppl which die on 1 veteran mob. So as dev you have hard task to balance game for both ppl and that lead to inconsistency. Overall game got a lot easier now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'd say any [Group] event that you can solo is a complement to you and your build. If you consider that they are designed for multiple players, and you manage to win, then yay for you. But you shouldn't feel discouraged if an event designed for many downs you.

If it is an event you need to win for something (ie, achievement) then putting out a call in map chat helps draw in players.

• Like 4

On 10/9/2023 at 3:19 AM, rager.4963 said:

Also don't mean that as a bad thing for you all, or anything like that. I just got to set my bar to a level where I don't get so annoyed with lack of info, or how they handle combat. Even with what I consider flaws, I can still find fun in the game.

Games getting there with its age. Games with many expansions. Of course one is going to be easier than the other, its what was the vibe during that time. Back then it made sense to be a bit difficult, then a later made sense to be easier. The vibe of the game at that time. This game used to be #esports, a tough/challenging everywhere type game.

The easy stuff is probably in some expansion things were easier. PoF pretty easy. EoD is like in the middle.

Hard stuff probably in some expansion things were harder. HoT was pretty tough.

Then theres stuff like fractals, it's pretty much difficult especially if your in T4 now, if you been doing it consistently of course its not difficult, hence being a veteran at it, but it's below raids which is the hardest.

btw

if its fractals, don't feel bad if you fail and it was after many attempts for an hour, because it does happen to everyone, some people just ragequit, especially in PUGs. I have in my head, seeing which fractal I'm doing, thinking about chances of success. Always a good feeling beating that fractal that is hard to particular person on first try. Getting carried happens in this game, as long as you try though its all good. Also, some of those fractals are tough, its tough a reason too, its the final level of it or so, so they have to cater to everyone, people wanting challenge, their expectation of what a challenge is. PUGs are pretty fun though good way to actually play with others, some interaction with others if you don't already have a set of people you talk to everyday.

GW2 is pretty much that game that can cater to anyone. Jack of trades, and some trades, it could excel but they don't, which is a negative to me. I want more races, racing reward track, daily tournament. However, since there is so much and some of things only this game does, thats a big positive.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041

One of the reasons many mmos like this do not keep consistent rules is the game outlasts multiple teams. Each team refresh brings new ideas, visions, implementations. Sometimes that changes things for better/worse. Sometimes it clashes with old lessons learnt etc. It's a kind of expected annoyance you get used to when you stay the course 

The soloing group events is a lot more nuanced though. They are not all scaled to the same difficulty - even in the same area

• Haha 1