Game over

Ricky.4706

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea of altering the "rules" or Rules of Engagement is interesting. Though I don't have any good suggestions as to how.

Most of the things that comes to mind would be more about changing the Game Mechanic Rules, but that is probably because that is the line of thought I'm used to thinking.

And if you want to change the direct cause of "Win", basically away from the existing points system, or to somehow change the existing points system. I really struggle to see any way that would work, and not just cause massive problems/dislike/feedback.

Example, if you changed the rule for 1 week to only give points for yaks killed, then players are just going to refuse to flip camps, and just place zergs around farming yaks. If you only rewarded kill points and nothing else, it would just turn into a giant gank fest. If you set only points from defense events, then everyone would sit turtling, and no one would attack because then you'd give enemy points.

I guess some combinations of those could work, so if you added 3 random things to get points form each week it might create enough variety, but using the above example:

Points for

• Kill Yak
  • Kill Player
  • Defense Event

My guess is that most players would divide between zergs killing yaks, and zergs hunting yak killer zergs. And a few people stuck in structures defending, bu no one obthers to attack them because it's easier to go after yak killers.

Can't say that sounds like a good mix.

@joneirikb.7506

exactly, you get the point - now the question is what combination of rules would be acceptable by the pvp community to define a winner.

@the others - lol.... nope, I'm not on BG - never have been and don't even know anyone there, but your posts still have nothing to do with the thread heh! - people are very concerned about being number 1 ....but no one has any idea of what makes a winner except BG. - game over.

BG does know how to win in the current match, according to the current wvw rules they are number 1.
Look - facts are facts - https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

@Ricky.4706 Your are missing something, every server that end the week on 1st place of its tier it is a winner, BG just does not have more tiers to try, and tiers are just a layered measure of population, and if BG has better coverage than all tiers, well that is good for them to overstack players across all sides of the workd on that server.

WvW overall has no winner(besidess note above) since tiers are not ment to measure qualitity but population coverage.Besides u have the awfull classe balnce effect, and who has more aoe gimmicks runnig will be a certain plus advantage as well.

@Ricky.4706 said:@joneirikb.7506

exactly, you get the point - now the question is what combination of rules would be acceptable by the pvp community to define a winner.

The problem with removing a system that is both very generic, and has been in place for 5 years, is that a lot of people are going to be pissed at removing it. Especially since a lot of people don't see any problems with the system to begin with.

Personally I'm more in favor of not removing it, just limit it and expand the options. Keep EBG the way it is with the existing PPT system. And rather make or setup other maps for other play styles.

Rather than forcing everyone to play under the same blanket rules, expand the options, so people can go play under the rules they want to. It could even lead to different servers "winning" in different "maps".

Quick example:

• EBG = As is, PPT/PPK
  • ABL = PPK + Yaks only, buildings can give bonuses to PPK
  • DBL = Points for Defense, Attack and Yak events only
  • EOTM = remove all walls, and only give PPK.
  • OS = PPK only

This would make 5 different maps that all played completely different. Different players could go to the map they like or liked the rules on, and use the megaserver system to open more map instances if needed.

Some maps like OS and EOTM could be using the existing EOTM megaserver system, EBG could use the existing WvWvW system, the last two could go either way.

Change leaderboards to rank separately for each "map" or "mode".

/rant

edit: Just forgot to mention that I don't think it is possible for this game mode to ever become "competitive" unless you completely change the game mode to something else. WvW is casual. So don't expect this (or anything else) to make WvW competitive.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Blame the toxicity in the game design foremost than the toxic community for that. In fact, today i took wvw+pvp for a spin due to the announcement of the new game director. What i witnessed and experienced? The environment was filled with toxicity with troll players-thieves and mesmers, belittling players after 1 shotting them while they're in stealth, condition spamming everywhere.... the scene was just disgusting.

I obviously logged out but my optimism remain: gw2 shortcoming may be prevented with the new game director.

Its quite simple: Bad (REALLY) bad balancing attempts and a development and balance team that have shown time and time again that they dont know what they are doing has made the game toxic. That has in turn made the playerbase toxic and when the playbase is toxic, it spreads like a plague.

Remain optimistic, it wont happen though. It requires WAY too much work for ANet to even think about fixing it. It will be band aide changes that do every little while ignoring the broken balance, bugs and issues and hope all is forgiven for when they release the next set of specs that will be stronger in every single way to the last to make people buy them

@Ricky.4706 said:then that means the fix is not having a score, and just randomizing fights to keep wvw fresh.Otherwise, we are just being trolled with a score.

"they are winning""Why?""because I said so, handle it"

Well game is not what players want, u need to find for whoom was gw2 ment for, ANet wont devianate form the beliefs they think they setted the game for.

Anet stated on gw2 release that gw2 will be for players that hate mmo's, since they will love gw2, this sums it all... many of us just tough pvp would be as good as gw1... we were tricked.What happened to the top gw1 pvp'rs guild/players was some went back to gw1 and laughed at this thing called gw2, others just abandoned ANet, cause this wasn't and never will be a mmo towards balance and pvp, another reason ANet prefered to drop Espruuts, since balance would have to affect pve class design... ANet stated in many forms and nurfs that will never happen.

And yes, we are mostly being trolled by ANet as players that prefer pvp gameplay over pve, if ANet made the class and skill design for pvp and adapted the pve game arround that this game would be far far better for everyone in any game mode, but it was designed to carry trough power creep and spam both in pve and pvp to be easy for new players.

P.S: BG is not the only winner they just have the most stacking population...nothing more, every server that end the match on 1st of its tier is a winner as well.So assuming BG is the only winner is wrong.... tiers are not ranks from skill.... just a way to order and make servers matches from population tiers, if u go up u will test your server against a server with more population coverage...nothing more.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet stated on gw2 release that gw2 will be for players that hate mmo's, since they will love gw2, this sums it all... many of us just otugh pvp would be as good as gw1... we were tricked.

Didn't they say about no power creeping and everything as well? Its like they totally forgot the plan for the game, saw the gemstore and thought "who cares what we said. Its all bout the gems!"

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Anet stated on gw2 release that gw2 will be for players that hate mmo's, since they will love gw2, this sums it all... many of us just otugh pvp would be as good as gw1... we were tricked.

Didn't they say about no power creeping and everything as well? Its like they totally forgot the plan for the game, saw the gemstore and thought "who cares what we said. Its all bout the gems!"

Dont remember that one :\, the issue is that they got tied with a dumb class design due how they got blinded for how they wanted their pve to work and tough players would accept the carry metheod class concept ... now imbalance is out of control and will give them double of the work to make the game decent... kinda RIP..With the elite traits every new traits needs to feel better than the older ones and that is a issue when u have poor and simplistic class concept like the gw2 classes..

Next expantions trait will be based on the same over and over and over... boon spam in diferent class, power creep with damage output trough condis spam or phisical... over and over and over..nothing new...ANet wanted to make the game so simple that buried themselves on a lot of work if they want to make this game decent....as a developer and player myself this is how ic this game atm.

I really dont mind with the gemstore, for me they could even have siege skins there, golems skins, sell classes, make modular class traits for players who dont care about the pve dullness and dont want to buy the full expantion...ANet could even had explorerd WvW and the TP, creating certain mechanics that would make guild strategies diversificate and be more themable with skin able/custumizable content trough TP.Ex: skins unlocks for anything like golem skins, charr panzer skins, siege skins, structure themes, diferent banner skins etc...

(edit) imagine if on DBL fire keep the transmogrifer puppy (horrible rewards by owning that) was access to build 1 charr panzer that could be deployed on one BL, but guild also could deploy one on PVE whilte Guild holds the structure with some skins from the TP to "visually tunning" it.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Dont remember that one :\, the issue is that they got tied with a kitten class design due how they got blinded for how they wanted their pve to work and tough players would accept the carry metheod class concept ... now imbalance is out of control and will give them double of the work to make the game decent... kinda RIP..With the elite traits every new traits needs to feel better than the older ones and that is a issue when u have poor and simplistic class concept lie the gw2 classes..

Next expantions trait will be based on the same over and over and over... spam, power creep with damage output trough condis or phisical... over and over and over..nothing new...ANet wanted to make the game so simple that buried themselves on a lot of work if they want to make this game decent....as a developer and player myself this is how ic this game atm.

I'm sure it was one of many broken promises about the game. I have a feeling, they have given up on the game. The balance is SO out of control. They dont have the skill or time to be able to fix it because it would be WAY too much work to look at every weapon, heal, utility, Elite and trait of EVERY single class.I think they have just said "screw it" and now just using the expansions to get as much money as they can before the game finally dies or they announce Guild Wars 3

The next set of specs will be the same as these. Stronger than the current ones in every single way, more insanely out of control burst damage and condition spamming. I think they gave up early on it being skill based and just went with the quantity of player of the quality of player. for the sake of the Gemstore and expansion purchases.

Archived