what no choice

coopoor.2631

Interesting! All the choices we have in this game. The one choice you won't give is , For example. If  your playing a guardian dragon hunter stat line,or  you can play a will bender an use those stats,  but you can't play a dragon  hunter with stat an switch to will bender  an use those stats.  I hope you all address this problem in future updates. It is really kind of lame that you can switch weapons but not the stat lines that go along with the weapon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 14

12 hours ago, coopoor.2631 said:

If  your playing a guardian dragon hunter stat line,or  you can play a will bender an use those stats,  but you can't play a dragon  hunter with stat an switch to will bender  an use those stats.  I hope you all address this problem in future updates. It is really kind of lame that you can switch weapons but not the stat lines that go along with the weapon.

I don't get it. What prevents you from switching from DH to WB? Just save a build for each? I assume by "stats" you mean specializations?

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I don't get it. What prevents you from switching from DH to WB? Just save a build for each? I assume by "stats" you mean specializations?

i think they mean that different elite specs synergize better with different stat prefixes, like Daredevil works better with 'Zerker, and Spectre works better with Vipers

in which case you have equipment templates, and stat-selectable armor is now even easier to acquire throught WvW, so there shouldn't be any issue changing your stats to suit your builds

• Like 3

Allow me.

Build diversity is horrible due to the limitations that specific traits and weapons provide in regards to which stats your equipment has. Sure, "you could just go buy another template and set and then just swap between them" is the currently the solution to that. But not everyone does WvW, or farms out all of their dailies, so the prospect of getting a new piece if equipment is exhausting to them.

That's what I got out of this anyway. My viewpoints are a bit in-line with this idea, but I also wanna smash the balance in this game to pieces with the state it's currently in, so take that as you will.

Another thread where people have to guess what the OP means. 😆

On 10/11/2023 at 4:58 AM, coopoor.2631 said:

The one choice you won't give is , For example. If  your playing a guardian dragon hunter stat line,or  you can play a will bender an use those stats,  but you can't play a dragon  hunter with stat an switch to will bender  an use those stats.

Say what? :classic_huh:

• Confused 2

Mr obvious mode: "on"

The Celestial stat set should be able to provide you with this flexibility that you feel lacking.

Mr obvious mode: "off"

Personally, I don't think that there is "no choice". I can make use of any stat with every single e-spec. Now, it will often result in builds that aren't reaching the top efficiency that "meta" driven players seek zealously but, for most of the content those builds will work well enough to go through most of the content that the game offer.

To point out the guardian's example, both condition damage and strike damage (be it precision, power or ferocity) work well for every single e-spec. Healing and boons is easy to come up as well while expertise always have it's use. Vitality and toughness are the safety net (even if most of the time they are just there to give some confidence to the player).

• Like 1