EBG - Wildcreek West Wall - Drawing a Blank

TheGrimm.5624

15 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So time marches on, aging sucks at times, I was asked why the west wall on WC was made invulnerable. Thinking on it, I couldn't remember. Google didn't help here, so am I mis-remembering a time it was valid as a target? Brain cells die, that's valid. But....

It was change at one point, forgot when, you can still siege the tower from the tunnel side by cataing over the wall, but not from within the tunnel.  Anet works in mysterious way, for instant they recently fix some minor quality of life stuffs like moving harvesting nodes closer, and fixing wall that got in the way, but they didn't fix speldan not having X when under attack etc etc. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

23 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So time marches on, aging sucks at times, I was asked why the west wall on WC was made invulnerable. Thinking on it, I couldn't remember. Google didn't help here, so am I mis-remembering a time it was valid as a target? Brain cells die, that's valid. But....

lol, I love the confusion. Was asked a question and after all these years don't remember when it was changed and if there was a why provided when it was changed and if it even showed up in the notes. I think I remember it was like Mendons and it was changed without notes being provided but that was the part I was trying to recall lol.

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Wildcreek is that the one toward rouge? I barely even remember ebg names. If it is then you would have no way to the lord room if both walls go down lol.

You might be on to it, so if two sides attacked from west and east it would remove both available routes. Might have to use that to try and narrow Google searches down to see if there were notes at the time that I am just not remembering. Will need to try and use the same thought to question changes to Mendon's. 

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Wildcreek is that the one toward rouge? I barely even remember ebg names. If it is then you would have no way to the lord room if both walls go down lol.

lol sorry I didn't direct reply, yes to your question though my reply just reminded me we can't direct link images. So wiki ref: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Battlegrounds

Maybe since Anz doesn't have a west wall option? Only pattern so far I can see. But since Anz has so many different attack paths, does that make sense to limit the other two so much? Not sure I agree there from a havoc viewpoint let allow a warband or zerg one. So thoughts on re-opening the other two towers?

While I am not denying that this was changed, I looked through every update page on the GW2 wiki for the word "Wildcreek" and also then "Wall" and could not find any reference to this change being made. I did find one for a very similar change to Mendon's Gap a couple of years ago, where a destructible wall was removed and another added.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Because apparently it was too hard to counter siege catas in the tunnel.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

It was change at one point, forgot when, you can still siege the tower from the tunnel side by cataing over the wall, but not from within the tunnel.  Anet works in mysterious way, for instant they recently fix some minor quality of life stuffs like moving harvesting nodes closer, and fixing wall that got in the way, but they didn't fix speldan not having X when under attack etc etc. 

They are both correct ^

It was made invuln for the same reason that southeast tower on alpine BL has its south-west facing wall made invuln. Too easy to siege from afar, didn't feel fair to players who complained.

If I recall correctly, you could indeed treb wildcreek from the other side of dredge lol I thought there was some way to do it but I can't remember. In any case, they changed it bc it felt unfair, I remember it being done