Recommended adjustments for Bladesworn and Condition Berserker

Lonecap.4105

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Lemme just fix this for you guys.....

Berserker:

• Blood reckoning  ->   now only heals for a percentage of STRIKEdamage dealt, instead of all damage dealt.   (hits Condizerker, but doenst affect powerbuilds at all)
  • Skullgrinder now apply 4 stacks of confusion, instead of 5.  (prevents akeem relic from proccing on every single skullgrinder)

Bladesworn:

• completly deleted Bladesworn and fired the developer responsible for this enormous fart. (its about time)

Thanks, they wont listen but thanks ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Berserker:

• Blood reckoning  ->   now only heals for a percentage of STRIKEdamage dealt, instead of all damage dealt.   (hits Condizerker, but doenst affect powerbuilds at all)
  • Skullgrinder now apply 4 stacks of confusion, instead of 5.  (prevents akeem relic from proccing on every single skullgrinder)

This is the answer to any problem relating to Condi Berserker.

6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Bladesworn:

• completly deleted Bladesworn and fired the developer responsible for this enormous fart. (its about time)

IMHO Bladesworn does indeed need a complete overhaul. It is propped up by a 6-digit burst in PvE and unhealthy traits in PvP. As to firing the developer responsible, it was made by CMC... So... yeah good luck getting that to happen.

More realistic changes to Bladesworn would be to remove the Aegis on Cyclone Trigger, put an evade onto it instead, remove the ammo from Combat Stimulant in PvP/WvW, reduce the Barrier from Unshakable Mountain by 20% in PvP/WvW. In regard to UD, Dragon Trigger would have to allow movement and dodging while in the mode before the unblockable effect from UD is removed, but that gets into a more comprehensive Bladesworn rework territory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Berserker:

Bladesworn:

Memes outside, I fail to see how your berserker changes are better than mine. "Blood Reckoning" (you mean Dead or Alive trait), working on only strike damage, is completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

You also decide to nerf Skullgrinder instead of Akeem relic? :'D

Please don't come into my topic which has actual pointed suggestions and recommend this utter nonsense.

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 i mean If you gotta be honest..... all 3specs are litterly the same in their current state cause you know? This class is not allowed to do dmg so you need to be tanky .... just different themes actually xD

Whoever "balances" this game mode loves to pigeonhole classes into the same role and playstyle forever. It's so infuriating that they keep pushing builds that no one wants to play.

And very reasonable and well thought out suggestions here for warrior, I wish you all warrior players good luck with the next patch. No one likes collateral damage that affects the whole class because of a single build or trait.

Edited by Sereath.1428

Just remove resistance on dodgeroll 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resilient_Roll

Both of those specs will be 10x more manageable, and likely not killed off.

Also, many of the meta specs are heavily boon reliant, I recommend if you have room in your build or sigil to bring more boon removal or corruption 

Edited by Last Crab.6054

6 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Memes outside, I fail to see how your berserker changes are better than mine. "Blood Reckoning" (you mean Dead or Alive trait), working on only strike damage, is completely ridiculous and unrealistic.

You also decide to nerf Skullgrinder instead of Akeem relic? :'D

Please don't come into my topic which has actual pointed suggestions and recommend this utter nonsense.

That change to Skullgrinder would cause it to proc after the second Skullgrinder. The spike becomes back loaded rather than front loaded rather than nerfing the relic for everyone. BR and Lesser BR applying to condi is part of why Condi zerker has such sustain that it does. Personally, the removal of an amulet is a balance cop out, rather than a cop out address the problem, the over sustain. It could be a lesser healing amount for condi versus strike on BR and LBR, that also works. It could be shaves to the strike immunity windows, but absent touching BR and LBR the direct sustain isn't touched.

The duration on LBR had to be increased because it was too ineffective otherwise, especially for power builds. If we want to bring in an over sustaining condi build without hurting the weaker power build that uses the same traits for sustain, then that is the change that is needed to be looked at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would also go so far as to say that the only change that is needed to bring Condi Zerker in line, so that it is simply powerful rather than OP, is to remove one single stack of confusion from Skullgrinder.  That one, very small change back loads the burst, giving the opponent more time to mitigate it, which in turn also hurts the Condi Zerker's sustain due to BR and LBR using a percent of condition damage as healing. Really elegant way to tackle two birds with one stone. It would remain powerful, which is absolutely fine, but it brings it back from the tipping point of being OP. If whatever combinations of nerfs that happen to other classes leaves it still OP by comparison, then reducing the damage-to-healing ratio for condi would be the next best step to bring it further in line without hurting the power side of Berserker, which we should be keeping in mind when we discuss nerfs. We don't want to dumpster bystander builds due to the sins of another.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I would also go so far as to say that the only change that is needed to bring Condi Zerker in line, so that it is simply powerful rather than OP, is to remove one single stack of confusion from Skullgrinder.  That one, very small change back loads the burst, giving the opponent more time to mitigate it, which in turn also hurts the Condi Zerker's sustain due to BR and LBR using a percent of condition damage as healing. Really elegant way to tackle two birds with one stone. It would remain powerful, which is absolutely fine, but it brings it back from the tipping point of being OP. If whatever combinations of nerfs that happen to other classes leaves it still OP by comparison, then reducing the damage-to-healing ratio for condi would be the next best step to bring it further in line without hurting the power side of Berserker, which we should be keeping in mind when we discuss nerfs. We don't want to dumpster bystander builds due to the sins of another.

Akeem's effect is overtuned compared to other relics. Also, Skullgrinder confusion lasts for 3 seconds. The CD is six seconds. Your nerf would be extra harsh in a sense, it would remove the ability of Skullgrinder to even proc Akeem.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The sustain is the issue with both of these specs, the sustain must be attacked.

Everyone should have "armors", but there need to be chinks. 

And not microscopic chinks, but real deal valid openings where intelligent kiting is the only way to survive.

Both of these just faceroll on point and spam their rotation without fear or consequence.

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Akeem's effect is overtuned compared to other relics. Also, Skullgrinder confusion lasts for 3 seconds. The CD is six seconds. Your nerf would be extra harsh in a sense, it would remove the ability of Skullgrinder to even proc Akeem.

No, it would force you to F1->BR->F1 for the spike rather than just use F1.

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, it would force you to F1->BR->F1 for the spike rather than just use F1.

Condizerk doesn’t typically slot blood reckoning in PvP Lan, 98% of those I faced slotted mending. Unless you’re pushing for them to slot BR.

But let’s be real, Akeem is over performing and warrants it’s own nerf. It’s even worse on condi virt- 20 confusion stacks anyone?

14 minutes ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Condizerk doesn’t typically slot blood reckoning in PvP Lan, 98% of those I faced slotted mending. Unless you’re pushing for them to slot BR.

But let’s be real, Akeem is over performing and warrants it’s own nerf. It’s even worse on condi virt- 20 confusion stacks anyone?

Yeah, and you would have to take BR in order to do the spike with such a change, that or accept a more balanced build. Isn't that what needs to happen though? An aggressive version and a more sustain focused version, just not one that is both at the same time.

For gear choices my point of view is this. If it overperforms on certain specs, then it is those specs at fault, not the gear choice, and any nerf needs to be tailored so that it doesn't harm a bystander build. Mesmer of any stripe would leverage Akeem severely no matter how it was slapped on the wrist, they just have that much access to confusion within their kit. Don't dumpster a gear choice because a few builds over leverage it, address the builds instead. If a relic choice is overbearingly powerful across the board? Then yeah, address the relic.

All of which is a moot point since we all know Anet's methodology: Halve the healing on Blood Reckoning and Lesser Blood Reckoning, increase the CD on Akeem to 30s and reduce the amount of confusion on Skullgrinder to 2 stacks only, and reduce the duration on Feel No Pain to 0.75s. Meanwhile Unshakable Mountain will get the barrier scaling increased by 20%.

16 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

Just remove resistance on dodgeroll 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resilient_Roll

Both of those specs will be 10x more manageable, and likely not killed off.

Also, many of the meta specs are heavily boon reliant, I recommend if you have room in your build or sigil to bring more boon removal or corruption 

Can I please have two seconds to not be blinded so I can try to land decapitate? thanks. Relegate your nerfing to the variants that aren't drowning.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Can I please have two seconds to not be blinded so I can try to land decapitate? thanks. Relegate your nerfing to the variants that aren't drowning.

I preferred when it was armored attack.

Made demolisher amulet worthy and I felt like core war, my own build, was good.

Now dead.

16 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Condizerk doesn’t typically slot blood reckoning in PvP Lan, 98% of those I faced slotted mending.

But you sure realized that Zerker gains Bloodreckoning when entering Berserkermode.....     you realized that.... right?   right?

Thats where their sustain is coming from.... they enter berserkerstance, apply the ol´reliable Skullgrinder+akeem burst........ and heal because of it.

Its this exact heal during their own offensive burst that makes them so unbelievably tanky, while simply facerolling their buttons.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

But you sure realized that Zerker gains Bloodreckoning when entering Berserkermode.....     you realized that.... right?   right?

Thats where their sustain is coming from.... they enter berserkerstance, apply the ol´reliable Skullgrinder+akeem burst........ and heal because of it.

Its this exact heal during their own offensive burst that makes them so unbelievably tanky, while simply facerolling their buttons.

Dead or Alive's effect does not recharge Primal Bursts, only the heal skill version does.