Untamed teleport burst nerf

kiwituatara.6053

On 10/31/2023 at 8:44 AM, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

The most used excuse I have seen is "because I don't like being one-shot without any time to react" meanwhile almost every other class/spec is still capable of doing it some since 2012.

we just have to face it that Anet hate rangers and don't want this class to have fun.

Im so disgusted with these devs im ready to quit i am seriously not having fun anymore as they change everything around. I hate my druid now I want my spirits back! If they want to keep the game interesting then add actual content instead of lets change everyone's abilities that will keep them on their toes!

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2023 at 10:01 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Anything can manage just fine in the meta as long as you outskill your opponents lol.  

Of course, Boyce could do fine without the teleport as...it's Boyce?

I can solo q into plat with immob Druid in late 2023 after about 5 nerfs and 3 adjustments to hammer it into a 'support' role, and in a super invuln / tank / projectile hate meta at that...does it mean it's good? No...

No kitten, Sherlock.

Untamed was still solid for a good while without the teleport and you could carve your own space playing it in the meta. It's not even a discussion, and I frankly don't give a F if you're gonna disagree with that or make some "hurdur" comment about how it wasn't ranked at the top of carry-me-builds on metabattle or wherever.

Yeah. it's Boyce. He's good, but he's also not gonna repeatedly play a build if it's unoptimal and trash. I also did just fine without the teleport. I mentioned Boyce because you wouldn't care how I did, just like I don't care about you getting into plat on whatever build in 2023 because getting into to plat in 2023 is a literal cakewalk.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Yeah. it's Boyce. He's good, but he's also not gonna repeatedly play a build if it's unoptimal and trash. I also did just fine without the teleport. I mentioned Boyce because you wouldn't care how I did, just like I don't care about you getting into plat on whatever build in 2023 because getting into to plat in 2023 is a literal cakewalk.

It's a cakewalk huh? I'd be interested in seeing how you do that through some current gameplay then (as in this season); since you seem intent on quoting and counter-debating me.  

Unless you mean 'getting to plat' by multiclassing and sometimes playing an Untamed when you are bored, in which case--QED?

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

22 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's a cakewalk huh? I'd be interested in seeing how you do that through some current gameplay then (as in this season); since you seem intent on quoting and counter-debating me.  

Unless you mean 'getting to plat' by multiclassing and sometimes playing an Untamed when you are bored, in which case--QED?

Since I seem intent? Excuse me? You're the one who quoted me in the first place.

It's like you're delibrately ignoring what I actually said. The statement was that Untamed managed just fine for a while after the teleport nerf. Gameplay from right now doesn't mean kitten. I have been talking about the past the entire time. There have been 9 months between now and the UT nerf, and with that other changes affecting Ranger/Untamed since then - including the Signet of the Hunt buff that replaced the port, and the Let Loose changes that massively improved unleashed skills while comboing with Remorseless. As we know, both of these have seen nerfs recently as well. Which obviously means I rate Untamed even lower as of this exact moment - none of that changes how I viewed Untamed in the months prior, which was my entire point to begin with.

I almost exclusively play ranger in both PvP and WvW, and have always done so. So no, I didn't multiclass and play untamed whenever I was bored, it has pretty much been exclusively the only thing I've played along with a couple of other ranger builds the entire year.

Edited by Lazze.9870

On 10/31/2023 at 9:44 AM, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

The most used excuse I have seen is "because I don't like being one-shot without any time to react" meanwhile almost every other class/spec is still capable of doing it some since 2012.

we just have to face it that Anet hate rangers and don't want this class to have fun.

Anet hates engis... From what I read on engies forums. 

• 2 weeks later...

Each profession likes to claim to get hated by anet. they are quite hilarious to read too. like some ppl are in favor of a stagnant meta instead of constantly evolving and changing landscape of a meta. gw1 didn't have balancing in a very long time so I enjoy the game with each spec. Untamed is one of my favourites and don't really get why ppl dislike it so much. Gamers get used to patches they find new broken stuff it is just a matter of perspective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pninak.1069 said:

Each profession likes to claim to get hated by anet. they are quite hilarious to read too. like some ppl are in favor of a stagnant meta instead of constantly evolving and changing landscape of a meta. gw1 didn't have balancing in a very long time so I enjoy the game with each spec. Untamed is one of my favourites and don't really get why ppl dislike it so much. Gamers get used to patches they find new broken stuff it is just a matter of perspective.

Are you secretly a necromancer? You just revived a dead forum! 💀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Are you secretly a necromancer? You just revived a dead forum! 💀

it just seemed to be the most recent ranger discussion. just liked how you let it seem like engi is the only one having that viewpoint. I don't really need to answer that question tho, right? it is off-topic.

• Confused 1