Relics: limited control on activation

Here's an idea: Remove the internal cooldowns on all of them and instead make them permanent bonuses. Of course, that would require to nerf some of them.

The current state is really annoying as most bonuses cannot be triggered when needed but when the game decides you can. Also, if you want to save a certain skill off cooldown specifically to proc the relic's effect, it will interrupt your skill combos and rotation. Not good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, TexZero.7910 said:

Here i thought i was gonna walk into a post complaining about the conditional nature being limited largely to "on heal" or "on elite"....
There's so many other options out there that i'd love to see explored and always on is really not one of them.

Skills that are triggered by certain skill types (e.g., Relic of the Monk) are the exception.

I was talking about nonsense like Relic of the Fireworks, which should be +3 or +5% damage permanently, because not only does it interrupt skill rotations, it also does not trigger on every 20-secs CD skill (e.g., Binding Blades doesn't proc it when it should).

(And yes, "on elite" is also major nonsense in most of the currently existing cases. 😉)

You just can't control certain relic effects the way you want to on many builds, and that makes them unuseable, which is sad, because some of those effects are really cool. There is a reason why only a few Relics ever see use in endgame content, and that would be corrected if players were given more control over those bonus effects.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

On 11/3/2023 at 11:18 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

was talking about nonsense like Relic of the Fireworks, which should be +3 or +5% damage permanently, because not only does it interrupt skill rotations

Fireworks is a burstier effect triggered by certain skills compared to Thief which is a steady dmg effect. No reason to homogenise them, each do their job.

It doesnt interrupt rotations, it might alter them. Which is good, means it has a purpose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Binding blade is bugged, its also listed in wiki as bugged. "Doesn't work waaaa waaa" let's not forget the fact that rune is constant providing you are using proper skills (weapon swap *cough*) especially if there's alacrity involved.  It's running same concept as passive traits proc'd by xxxx which can be effected by alacrity.  Keep in mind this also means thier effected by chill as well.  So no your not going to see the skill when you expect it based on a few factors.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:18 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

Skills that are triggered by certain skill types (e.g., Relic of the Monk) are the exception.

I was talking about nonsense like Relic of the Fireworks, which should be +3 or +5% damage permanently, because not only does it interrupt skill rotations, it also does not trigger on every 20-secs CD skill (e.g., Binding Blades doesn't proc it when it should).

(And yes, "on elite" is also major nonsense in most of the currently existing cases. 😉)

You just can't control certain relic effects the way you want to on many builds, and that makes them unuseable, which is sad, because some of those effects are really cool. There is a reason why only a few Relics ever see use in endgame content, and that would be corrected if players were given more control over those bonus effects.

• Confused 1