Do we have a real RPG Warrior to play in WvW?

Janggernaut.2304

Ok, the description for a RPG Warrior in Wikipedia is.

Martial Champion
Ready for combat, the Warrior knows how to use all types of armor and shields. the use of heavy plate armor being preferred. Assuming the role of protector, the use of shields is frequent in this class, but he often forgoes using them to wield a weapon with both hands to cause more damage in combat. The Warrior knows how to use all types of simple, common and martial weapons, melee or ranged. His preference is to use martial melee weapons such as war hammers, long swords, two-handed swords or kitten swords. The basic source of his powers is martial obtained through pure training. Its role in combat is that of "Defender" (Tank), that is, the front line of combat. But he can also take on the roles of "Aggressor" (Damage).

Sources of Power: Martial
Roles in Combat: Defender (Tank),  Aggressor (Damage)
Types of Armor: Plates/Heavy (Preferred), Mesh/Medium, Leather/Light, Fabric and also Shields.
Types of Weapons: Swords, Apples, Hammers, Axes, Polearms.

So, before the expansion, I was a happy roamer annihilating other roamers or duos of cowards with my melee build that had high damage, control and Heal. 

My professions were 
Strength: Peak Performance, Body Blow and Might makes me right.
Defense: Cull the weak, merciless Hammer and Stalwart Strength 
Berserk: Wild Instinct, Blood Reaction, and Bloody Roar 

My skills were blood reckoning, kick, stomp, bulls charge and headbutt.

My armor rune was the superior rune of the aristocracy, which granted 05 stacks of might when I applied weakness to the enemy. 

Normally using axe/shield and mace/axe I always ended the fight with 25 stacks of might, gave 10k in a decapitate, dodged a lot and healed a lot.

With the expansion I lost the bonus of the superior rune of the aristocracy which took away my might, my damage, my dodges and my healing but like a real warrior I keep kicking, punching, slashing and crushing my enemies but my damage and my sustain has decreased.

You guys need to increase the warrior's possibilities of increasing damage, healing, dodging/blocking and mobility because those who like melee combat do not like ranged combat and other classes have a lot of mobility, escape, damage, healing, etc. in addition to have ranged abilities as primary attack abilities.

Please choose a warrior to make warrior change, please 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

They added bladesworn, which when played well, is only beaten in single combat by God.  What more do you want?

I don't think Junksworn fills the role of an RPG Warrior that is being asked for.

Junksworn is more of a over-romanticized movie trope Samurai cross-bred with an Engineer addicted to explosives.

3 hours ago, Janggernaut.2304 said:

That's most likely not going to happen.

For all we know and by all appearances, there is not a single Warrior player in the professions changes team (if it's even big enough to be called a team anymore).

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Janggernaut.2304 said:

Bladesworn its a mid range, not melee range, its uses a Gunsaber to shoot ...

Both Dragon Slash Force and Dragon Slash Boost are melee range.

And the kit's projectiles have been an addition almost a year after release, following the ongoing complains about pistol being melee and the years-long complains about both Rifle and Longbow being bad.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Janggernaut.2304 said:

Ok, the description for a RPG Warrior in Wikipedia is.

Martial Champion
Ready for combat, the Warrior knows how to use all types of armor and shields. the use of heavy plate armor being preferred. Assuming the role of protector, the use of shields is frequent in this class, but he often forgoes using them to wield a weapon with both hands to cause more damage in combat. The Warrior knows how to use all types of simple, common and martial weapons, melee or ranged. His preference is to use martial melee weapons such as war hammers, long swords, two-handed swords or kitten swords. The basic source of his powers is martial obtained through pure training. Its role in combat is that of "Defender" (Tank), that is, the front line of combat. But he can also take on the roles of "Aggressor" (Damage).

Sources of Power: Martial
Roles in Combat: Defender (Tank),  Aggressor (Damage)
Types of Armor: Plates/Heavy (Preferred), Mesh/Medium, Leather/Light, Fabric and also Shields.
Types of Weapons: Swords, Apples, Hammers, Axes, Polearms.

So, before the expansion, I was a happy roamer annihilating other roamers or duos of cowards with my melee build that had high damage, control and Heal. 

My professions were 
Strength: Peak Performance, Body Blow and Might makes me right.
Defense: Cull the weak, merciless Hammer and Stalwart Strength 
Berserk: Wild Instinct, Blood Reaction, and Bloody Roar 

My skills were blood reckoning, kick, stomp, bulls charge and headbutt.

My armor rune was the superior rune of the aristocracy, which granted 05 stacks of might when I applied weakness to the enemy. 

Normally using axe/shield and mace/axe I always ended the fight with 25 stacks of might, gave 10k in a decapitate, dodged a lot and healed a lot.

With the expansion I lost the bonus of the superior rune of the aristocracy which took away my might, my damage, my dodges and my healing but like a real warrior I keep kicking, punching, slashing and crushing my enemies but my damage and my sustain has decreased.

You guys need to increase the warrior's possibilities of increasing damage, healing, dodging/blocking and mobility because those who like melee combat do not like ranged combat and other classes have a lot of mobility, escape, damage, healing, etc. in addition to have ranged abilities as primary attack abilities.

You're getting might and fury on cc with a new relic on Tuesday. Grab that and play the same way you used to.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

They added bladesworn, which when played well, is only beaten in single combat by God.  What more do you want?

Bladesworn's took a few hits also. Changed what their traits do and had their cool downs screwed over. What happens to one Warrior spec affects all warrior specs due to the similarity in play style. Any unique specs warrior process are systematically shredded bit by bit until it's a shadow of it's former self.

It's done with so much spite it's as if they're using warrior as a mataphor for what they desire in real life.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Both Dragon Slash Force and Dragon Slash Boost are melee range.

And the kit's projectiles have been an addition almost a year after release, following the ongoing complains about pistol being melee and the years-long complains about both Rifle and Longbow being bad.

Bladesworn has 01 attack skills with 600 range, 04 with 900 range and 02 with 300 (including dragon slash boost) The range of melee attacks is 130 range, you can check, I'm disregarding mobility extras such as jumps, teleports, dash and charges like the dragon slash boost which has a dash with 900 range and 300 attack range or Rush of the greatsword which has a charge of 1200 range and 130 attack range. Bladesworn is not a melee class.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Bladesworn has 01 attack skills with 600 range, 04 with 900 range and 02 with 300 (including dragon slash boost).

The range of melee attacks is 130 range, you can check, I'm disregarding mobility extras such as jumps, teleports, dash and charges like the dragon slash boost which has a dash with 900 range and 300 attack range or Rush of the greatsword which has a charge of 1200 range and 130 attack range.

Bladesworn is not a melee class.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I can't stand the spec, its just not fun to play.  I'd rather play core or spellbreaker, the latter being my go to for open world.  But it's hard to argue for more when they already gave the class something so ridiculously broken.

They need to focus on actually buffing core though. If they feel the need to take something away from Junksworn in return, it's a welcome exchange.

For example, they ought to finally buff Rifle's and/or Longbow's damage. In exchange, they should remove the projectiles from the not-a-sabre kit that shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.

14 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They need to focus on actually buffing core though. If they feel the need to take something away from Junksworn in return, it's a welcome exchange.

For example, they ought to finally buff Rifle's and/or Longbow's damage. In exchange, they should remove the projectiles from the not-a-sabre kit that shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.

That's will be a problem though. Core warrior play is tied greatly with how all the other elite classes will be played. Are we supposed to only play Berserker skills with Berserker traits, Spellbreaker with only Spellbreaker traits... Where's the so called "play as I like" that the gas-lighters like to throw around supposed to come in at?

12  to 9 months ago Bladesworn had folks running to the forums like a bunch of hookers chasing after sailors on shore leave attempting screw something up. Well it worked as always now they're mocking the class. 

I don't believe most warrior players go around picking fights with other classes but you other people (makes face like a baby rejecting the wrong formula bottle). Not intended for all but if the shoe fits.

9 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

That's will be a problem though. Core warrior play is tied greatly with how all the other elite classes will be played. Are we supposed to only play Berserker skills with Berserker traits, Spellbreaker with only Spellbreaker traits... Where's the so called "play as I like" that the gas-lighters like to throw around supposed to come in at?

12  to 9 months ago Bladesworn had folks running to the forums like a bunch of hookers chasing after sailors on shore leave attempting screw something up. Well it worked as always now they're mocking the class. 

I don't believe most warrior players go around picking fights with other classes but you other people (makes face like a baby rejecting the wrong formula bottle). Not intended for all but if the shoe fits.

There's literally no issue with buffing core Warrior. If buffing core ends up with elite specializations being overtuned, they just need to nerf Junksworn and Berserker.

Elite Specializations are no reason to leave core in the gutter it is in now. And this gutter arguably is worse than The Gutter in Dark Souls 2.

Edited by Fueki.4753

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There's literally no issue with buffing core Warrior. If buffing core ends up with elite specializations being overtuned, they just need to nerf Junksworn and Berserker.

Elite Specializations are no reason to leave core in the gutter it is in now. And this gutter arguably is worse than The Gutter in Dark Souls 2.

My friend you took what I wrote and twisted it's meaning. It's your right to dislike what you dislike. I feel the same about some classes myself but lack the need to publicly denigrate them. 

Don't play DS2 so that reference is mute to me. Of course warrior traits and skills should be buffed/improved. A strong core means a strong elite class a weak core  equal a weak elite class.  But then again we have the whiners and deniers who'll cherry pick parts of a class in order ruin it's play style.

tbh is recent berserker change is pretty cool,

it's not warrior lacks warrior like feature, it's just how limited access warrior is to literally every one of it's skills

berserker had heal on attacking, but it's gated behind a 25 second heal skill and that's it, 0 sustain out of it

but now with the new traits, you can have like 3 of these effect consecutively, so you can actually self sustain while attacking consecutively, instead of dying out instantly, which is much warrior fun

but warrior can really use some leech trait like blood lust, every hit, you self heal, to combo with axe off hand etc.