Relic of Karakosa

Passerbye.6291

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Tried some karakosa synergy on core warrior with an experimental build of sw/wh bow for the blast finishers and fields. I was surprised really. I hope staff augments this playstyle.

If it was on me, I'd move Vigorous Shouts in Discipline as a GM instead of Heightened Focus and in it's place in Tactics I'd re-introduce the trait which augmented our field blasting ability (double heals, double cleanses, more duration on auras and conditions). But I digress. I'd love to see field blasting make a return. 

Honestly, active use of fields is one of the things I find really enjoyable in this game. Ever since they made skills prioritize your own fields, we have so much more control over the effects we produce as well. For the longest time fields felt like an afterthought prior to that. I'm glad to see them lean more into it, especially in a controlled manner instead of just a random bonus here and there.

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

That's a shame, I want to figure out what relics other than monk would be good on one.

Mercy relic is a good pick to bolster your already good resurrection capability. Relic of the Midnight King is decent if you just want to be super lazy. It lets you get 3 stacks of might for 9 seconds and 5 seconds of fury (these go up to 18 and 10 seconds respectively if you cap boon duration) whenever you fear or otherwise hard CC an enemy. Midnight king is in no way necessary since you can sustain 25 might and fury but it does help when you are feeling lazy. Overall, I feel like mercy is the way to go on heal scourge mainly because monk doesn't increase the barrier amount, so you are getting about 200heal per second at best from monk. I'm able to easily outsustain extreme damage in training zone or things like boneskinner on heal scourge without monk, so getting that extra resurrection speed with more hp feels more valuable.

Edited by Passerbye.6291

18 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Is it viable on a healer scourge? 

It would be neat to see if you could put something together mixing barrier and healing from blast to make up for the lack of raw healing skills. It seems that death nova appears before Putrid Explosion triggers so you can get some blast on an some what low cd though the cast time looks kind of long and it maybe a bit hard to pull off. But i am no necro player just what some of my guild mates where talking about.

On 11/13/2023 at 8:02 PM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

That's a shame, I want to figure out what relics other than monk would be good on one.

You could use summon bone minions to have 2 separate blasts on instant cast with only 16 seconds of cooldown without alac, not factoring in the activation time for 2 minions. Staff 4 is also a blast, so if you are willing to do those, it would still be decent. Assuming you detonate 2 bone minions every 14 seconds, that would be about 500 heal per second. Doubt it would be worth it though considering you lose a utility slot for it. Basically 7k+ healing on a 15ish second cooldown, or 3.5k per use if you wish to use them separately.